FanFic - Other
"Everyone's Waiting"
"To Be Near You"
Part 4
by Daphne
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Alex and Tess are arguing. “But you just had a cupcake!”

“I’m a growing boy!”

“Guys, it is time for the first movie. Tess, what did you bring?”

“Well, since this is a childhood movie marathon, I brought, ‘The Neverending Story.’ It’s the original fantasy movie for children.”

“Ooh, I love that movie. Alex, what did you bring?”

“I brought ‘To Kill a Mockingbird.’ You’ll laugh, you’ll cry. You’ll want Gregory Peck for your father. Or your lawyer, whichever you need.” Alex puts his arm around Isabel and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

“Great. I have ‘E. T.’ What should we watch first?”

********

“So, I know this great place. I go there when I need to be away. It’s this old abandoned drive-in movie theater in Dunham, about 20 minutes from here.” Maria looks at Michael out the corner of her eye, who at the moment is playing with a napkin, ripping it apart. “Great. Um…I could drive,” he says when he finally looks at her. “I’m parked right outside.” “I guess it doesn’t matter, I could drive. You know, whatever. But first, I have to change. Unless you like the antenna.” Michael and Maria look at each other, each thinking about what to say next. “The antenna do bring out the green in your eyes.” Maria smiles. “Then it’s settled, the antenna stay on.”

******** “I can’t believe they’re showing ‘Pretty In Pink.’ It’s my favorite movie. How did you know?” Max looks down at Liz. “I just had a feeling.” Liz smiles one of her brilliant smiles and reaches for Max’s hand. Max, taken a bit off guard, begins to blush. It’s a good thing they’re in a darkened movie theater. “Popcorn?”

********

“So, Cate, how do you feel about wrestling?” “I guess I never really thought about it much, Kyle. I love the NBA. The Sonics, the Jazz. The Lakers. I love the entire Western Conference. You follow much basketball?” *Yes, definitely the mother of my children* “Yeah, I can get into basketball.” Kyle reaches his arm around the back of Cate’s chair and drapes it on her shoulder. He leans in closer and whispers in her ear. “Tell me. How do you feel about the Knicks?”

********

“I’ll be right herrrreeee,” Isabel wipes her eyes and looks up at Alex. “I love that movie.”

Alex kisses her on the forehead. “You’re as cute as Gertie.”

“I’m just glad you didn’t scream like she did when you found out about me, us.”

“I’ve been staring at you for so long that I don’t think anything could’ve made me scream in horror like that.”

“Aren’t you sweet?”

Isabel sits up and looks around for Tess, who’s fallen asleep in front of the television. “Can you help me carry her to the bedroom?”

Alex easily picks Tess up and follows Isabel to her room. “Just lay her down here. I guess I’ll sleep on the sofa tonight. It would be a shame to wake her up.”

********

Michael lies down on the hood of the Jetta and closes his eyes. He can’t remember when he’s felt such an overwhelming sense of calm, like he can finally breathe deeply without feeling a pain in his chest. Of course, a lot of it is chemical, especially the way Maria smells just slightly of french fries and gardenias. He realizes that he hasn’t thought about Kay all night. He had been worried that he might slip and call Maria “Kay,” but he only thinks of Maria as Maria. No one else can prattle on endlessly about absolutely nothing and be half as cute as she is.

He knows she’s just nervous and he’s willing to let her do most of the talking. He likes the sound of her voice. It definitely has a calming effect. There’s no longer just his voice, his thoughts keeping his mind occupied.

********

“I really had fun tonight, Max. Thanks for the movie and the popcorn and the raisinets.”

“Oh, it was my pleasure.” “Would you like to come up to the balcony? It’s too early for you to go home, we haven’t really had a chance to talk.” “Yeah, that would be nice. I’ll meet you up there.” “Okay.” Liz runs up the stairs into her apartment. Max watches until she disappears and then makes his way to the fire escape.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.