FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 25
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
Alex was sitting in his living room when he heard the jeep pull up. He knew it was Isabel even before he saw her coming up the sidewalk. He slowly got up and walked to the door to meet her.

"Hi." He said, opening the door.

"Hi yourself." She said. She moved close and hugged him as hard as she could. "I missed you." She said.

Alex smiled. "Not as much as I missed you." He said. "Where have you been the last two days?"

Isabel sat her bag on the floor and pulled Alex into the living room. Before she could answer him, Grady bounded into the room and right up to Isabel. "Hey Grady bug! How's my baby girl?" Grady nuzzled her head into the crease of Isabel's neck and flipped onto her back. Isabel scratched her belly, watching the puppy enjoy every minute of it.

She turned to Alex. "Maria's back."

"Alex looked shocked. "When did she come back? I didn't think she wanted to come back."

"That's where I went." She began. "I had to convince her to come back to Roswell before it was too late."

"Too late?" He asked. "For what?"

"For her to work things out with Michael." She said. "They've got a lot of problems ahead of them. Jennifer is the least of their problems."

"I see." He said pulling her close. He could tell Isabel was really worried about Michael and Maria.

"Max called earlier." He said changing the subject. "He wants us all to meet at the Crashdown tonight. He said Michael, Tess and Taye have something to tell us."

Isabel looked at Alex. "Didn't say what did he?"

Alex shook his head. "Sounded like he didn't even know what it was about."

Isabel pulled herself closer to Alex. She knew she should tell him about the baby, but she was worried about what he'd think.

"Alex?" She asked.

"Hmm?" He said gently, stroking her long blonde hair.

"Maria and I connected today." She began. "It was unlike any other connection I've ever made. I could feel everything she was feeling, and at the same time she was feeling me. Alex, it was so incredible. The connection was intense and drained both of us quickly." Isabel lowered her head. "Maria saw something while we were connected."

Alex's face became full of concern. "What did she see?" He asked. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," She smiled. "I'm fine..we're both fine."

"Huh?" Alex asked.

"I'm pregnant." Isabel began. "Maria saw the baby and everything."

"It's impossible!" Alex said shaking his head. "We haven't - " His words trailed off.

"I'm due anytime." She said, trying to ease his mind. "I've been pregnant for the last eight months but didn't know it."

Alex stared blankly at Isabel. "But how on earth is that possible?" He asked. "You weren't sick; you're not even showing."

Isabel smiled. "Nice choice of words, Alex. But you're right. There is no possible way I couldn't have known it if I were human."

Alex hadn't thought about that. "So because you're having an alien baby you 're not showing?" He asked. "That doesn't make sense either. Liz showed and she was carrying Max's child."

"That's different." Isabel began. "Liz isn't one of us. She's human. I'm not, Alex, and all these things are affecting us differently."

Alex thought about what Isabel had said. "So I guess this means I'm going to be a dad." He said.

"It sure does." Isabel said, smiling.

"Do you think we should move the wedding date up? I mean, so we can get married soon, maybe even before the baby gets here?" He asked.

Isabel lifted her face to his and gently kissed his lips. "I still think we should wait a year or two like we originally planned. It'll be so much easier for us by then."

Alex grinned. He reached over and laid his head down on Isabel's belly. He smiled at the thought of his baby growing inside of her. "I love you." He said to Isabel.

She ran her hand through his dark hair. "I love you, too." She said.

Part 24 | Index | Part 26
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.