FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 23
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
Michael made his way slowly out of his room. Another new day was upon him. Another new day that he wouldn't get to see Maria. Another day of missing her. It was almost enough to make him turn around and go back to sleep. He knew that Tess and Taye would drag his sorry butt out of bed though if he did that.

He walked into the kitchen and popped a piece of bread in the toaster and sat down at the table. It was quiet in the house. Apparently neither Tess nor Taye were awake. He waited for the toast to finish and carried it and a glass of milk into the living room and sat down on the couch. He reached over to the table to set his glass down when he noticed the picture of Maria. He'd always kept that picture on the end table. In a way it made it seem like she was there with him. He picked it up and leaned back on the couch. He let his hand trace over the face. He pulled the picture to his chest and closed his eyes. "What happened between us?" He asked out loud.

"Between who?" Taye said, walking into the room. He sat down across from Michael in a chair.

Michael flipped the picture of Maria around so Taye could see.

Taye nodded his head and smiled. "Did you get an answer?"

"Nah," He said, placing the picture back in it's spot. "I guess I didn't expect one either. I guess I should really move on."

"Don't be so eager, Michael." Taye said, leaning back. "I've seen you and Maria together. I know she has got to be just as miserable without you. I' d be willing to bet she is somewhere, right now, just as depressed as you are thinking that she should move on. You guys just have to find your way back to each other."

"But how are we supposed to do that when I don't know where she is?" Michael asked.

Taye looked down. "I don't know." He said. "I've been trying to answer that question myself."

"Jennifer?" Michael asked. "Have you heard from her?"

"Not since the night she left from the Crashdown." Taye said. "I mean she never gave me any indication that she was leaving."

Tess walked in just then and sat down beside Michael. She snuggled up close to him and smiled. "Glad to see you're up and moving on your own for once." She said. She loved her brothers but their sadness was beginning to get on her nerves.

"Hey." He said. "We're just talking about Jennifer." He said. Taye looked at Tess. He knew she didn't like her. "It's just so weird that she disappeared without saying goodbye or anything to me."

"Um, well would it help if I told you that I talked to her after she left the Crashdown the last night you were together?" Tess asked.

Taye looked completely shocked. "What are you talking about?" He asked.

"I talked to her that night. Ever since she'd arrived, I felt something was off. I wasn't sure what the deal was. I confronted her about it." Tess said.

Michael looked down at her. "What did she say?" He asked.

"Nothing, only to tell Taye to remember what she told him." Tess said looking at Taye. "I guess I forgot to tell you. She also said she wouldn't see you again. I didn't think she meant it though."

"What did she tell you?" Michael asked.

Taye didn't know if he should tell them or not. He'd written it off as just crazy talk. But then after she hadn't returned, he didn't know what to think. What if someone had found her and gotten rid of her? Maybe they needed to know what she'd said to him.

"Well?" Tess asked.

"She said she is one of us." Taye began. "She knew about Max, Tess, Isabel, Michael, me and even Maria. She said she was from Aardon and had come to warn us. Ian wasn't happy when he found out I helped you escape from the planet. Supposedly he's vowed revenge. There are people here on earth already waiting to take us out. They just haven't found us. She found us through me. She tried connecting to Michael but he shut her out. I'm not good with controlling my powers here and let her in easily. That's how she knew she'd found us. I probably should have told you earlier. I just thought she was talking crazy. But now that she hasn't been around for a while, I'm kinda worried. What if she was telling the truth and was captured. Doesn't that mean these others are close?"

Tess shook her head. "So that's what she meant by saying we'd need her in the future. She told me I'd be a fool to make an enemy out of her. I didn' t know what it meant. She said we'd be up against something big. We'd have to combine our strengths to be able to defeat it. I didn't know what she was talking about but it makes since to use. She is helping us."

Michael looked from Taye to Tess. "Why didn't either of you say anything before?" He asked. "This is big. Have you talked to Max?"

"Would you have noticed?" Tess asked, smiling. "The fact that we're from out there," she said waving her hands above her head. "hasn't actually been the most important thing on your mind here lately."

Michael smiled. She could always make him smile. "I guess your right." He said. "Still, I think we should see what Max says about it."

Taye nodded his head. "Alright, want me to call him?"

Michael shook his head. "Nah, I'll do it. Hand me the phone."

Taye tossed the phone across the table to Michael. He punched in Max's number and waited.

"Liz? Hi it's Michael. Is Max there?" He said into the phone.

"I see, no that's ok. You can just give him a message. Tell him we need to talk. It's important. As soon as possible." Michael said.

"Why? Where did she go? I don't know, hold on." Michael covered the mouth piece. "Have either of you heard anything from Isabel yesterday or today?"

Both Tess and Taye shook their head.

"No." He said, returning to Liz. "Ok, we can wait till tonight then." There was a long silence from Michael. "I think you should wait until tonight." He knew Liz wouldn't settle for that. "Ok, but I can't give you details now. We're in for something big. I think we should all be fearing for our lives."

Part 22 | Index | Part 24
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.