FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 20
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
Michael sat on the couch flipping through channels. There wasn't much to do anymore since Maria was gone and Max was mad at him. His mind drifted back to the day he got the phone call. It had been over a month now. Somehow he was sure that it'd been Maria who'd called.

Isabel had been coming over every day, trying to cheer him up. It didn't matter though, the more he thought about Maria the more depressed he became. He told himself that he needed to move on with his life. She'd already been gone two months. He sometimes felt like Isabel knew something. That she almost felt guilty for Maria leaving.

There was a knock on the door. Michael got up. Taye was out and he had no clue where Tess was. Isabel had already made her daily visit and Alex was at work. He had no clue who could be at the door. He slid the lock off and opened the door.

"Hi." Max said, Jacey in tow.

Michael rubbed the back of his neck. He hadn't talked to Max since the wedding. He didn't want him causing trouble. Michael just wasn't up to it. "Look, I'm really tired -"He started but was interrupted by Max.

"I think we need to talk." He said. Jacey smiled as she recognized Michael. Her tiny arms stretched towards him. She was looking more and more like Liz everyday.

Michael smiled and reached for Jacey. To his surprise, Max let him take her. "Hi ya, cutie." Michael said, giving her a great big bug. He stepped out of the doorway. "Have a seat."

Max walked into the apartment and sat down. Michael followed him in and sat down in the chair. Jacey immediately struggled to get down.

"She'll be fine on the floor." Max said, watching his daughter. "There's nothing that will hurt her."

Michael sat her down on the ground and she immediately began to crawl and explore. "I'm worried about what she could catch." Michael said laughing. He realized that what the first time he'd laughed in a long time.

"What happened between us, Maxwell?" Michael asked suddenly. "Why do you hate me?"

Max focused his attention on Jacey. He didn't want to have to look Michael in the eye. "I don't know." He began. "I just snapped when Maria left. I mean, I finally found her and we were just starting to get close. Then she up and disappears. No one knows where she is. We don't know if she's even alive."

"She's ok." Michael said, slowly.

Max looked at him. "Isabel?"

Michael nodded his head. "I'm almost sure she knows something. She's just too calm about the whole situation. I think they're still talking."

Max smiled. "Yeah, I kinda suspected that too after we got back. She wouldn't be this calm." Max glanced down at Jacey. "Besides, mom said their phone bill this month was over $100."

Max could see the hurt in his friend's eyes. It was killing Michael to have Maria gone. "Look, I'm sorry for being such a jerk the last few months. I know I said some awful mean things.but well, its' just not the same without you, man. I miss my best friend."

Michael rubbed the back of his head again. He'd missed Max too, but he wasn 't sure he could forgive him. Jacey crawled over to him and used his leg to pull herself up. Michael's eyes met hers and he saw Max. He smiled down at Jacey and picked her up. She put her arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Give Michael kisses." Max said, smiling. "Jacey, give Michael kissy."

Jacey smiled and planted a big, wet, slobbery kiss on Michael's mouth. Michael began to laugh. Jacey must have thought it was funny because she began laughing too. Max soon joined in.

When Michael's sides began to hurt from the laughter he stopped. "I'm sorry I gave you reason to get pissed off at me."

Max stopped laughing too. "So are we friends again?" He asked.

Michael nodded his head. "Best Friends."

Part 19 | Index | Part 21
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.