FanFic - Other
"Destiny's Circle"
Part 10
by kath7
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Roswell nor from the Robin Hood legend. I am just borrowing them. Some original ideas by ddawn and Angel_Parker. The character of Parkyla was created by Sunnie D.
Summary: This story is based on an idea that came out of a RPG that is currently ongoing on the Fanforum Roswell Board called Detention Adventures (Detentioned Boswellians.) In it, two of our talented authors (Hi Angel_Parker and ddawn!) have created the idea that everything that happens in Roswell-land is on a continuous loop - meaning that Max, Isabel, Tess and Michael have been on Earth many times before, have returned to their planet and have been killed each time. Their "essences" have been re-cloned and they have been re-sent to Earth to try and get it right. Time on Earth continues to move forward with each loop, thus everytime our pod squad returns, they return to a different time period. My story has added to this idea - basically I believe that two mistakes in the current, contemporary loop of the TV show have affected the destiny of the four: These two events are 1)Nasedo being captured after the Crash and consequentially losing Max, Isabel and Michael 2) Max's healing of Liz. I love the idea of reincarnation and soulmates, thus I have decided to create the story of Max and Liz through the centuries as they just miss changing Max' s destiny each time. I already know that the story is going to end in our time, with the healing of Liz at the Crashdown....where it is going to go to get there, I do not know...LOL...so, hopefully this will work! This first part of the story is set in Medieval England and is based on the Robin Hood legend.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is dedicated to my pals on the Detentioned Boswellians RPG. They are, in no particular order: pbwin, ddawn, Sunnie D, hookt, Maria, sjton, Ivy_English, Angel_Parker, cheetah, Phaedra and Shortiegirl. If I forgot someone, please just kill me. LOL
Alexander caught Elizabeth's arm as she flew past him, her veil fluttering behind her, revealing her long dark braids. He had never seen his friend in such a state of disorder before. She frantically wrenched her arm out of his grip until he spoke. "Lizzie! What the devil is the matter with you?"

Elizabeth stopped abruptly and threw her arms around Alexander. "Oh thank goodness. Alexander, you must help me! Where is the Queen?" Her eyes were darting from one direction to the other, clearly searching the crowd for someone.

"She retired to the Castle after you kissed Maxwell of Huntington. The excitement was too much for her." Elizabeth seemed to calm down slightly.

"Then she did not see what I did! Alexander, I jumped on the Bishop!" She looked momentarily non-plussed, but then quickly gathered her wits again. "Thank goodness...I still have some time.If you see Sir Kyle tell him I went in the opposite direction!" Elizabeth turned as though to run off. Alexander grabbed her arm again, halting her in her tracks.

"Lizzie! Tell me what's wrong..." He had never seen her so scattered. Elizabeth did not pull away this time.

"Alex! Maxwell of Huntington and his brother are being chased by the Sheriff's men. I must find their sisters to help them. They must be beside themselves with worry."

Alexander's eyes narrowed. "Why is the Sheriff chasing them?" he demanded suspiciously "And what pray tell does that have to do with you?" Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

"Really Alexander! Where have you been??? Michael has been accused of murder and witchcraft by Father Desmond." Alexander's grip tightened on Elizabeth's arm.

"Pardon me?"

"It is, of course, blatantly false." Elizabeth told him defiantly. "I just know that Max could not have been involved in anything like that." Alex raised an eyebrow at her.

"Max is it? And what do you know of Maxwell of Huntington Lizzie? You kissed him as the prize in a competition. He is a complete stranger to you." Elizabeth shook her head emphatically.

"No Alex! I know. I cannot explain it, I just do. Now if you are not going to help me, then let me go!" She wrenched her arm away from him again.

"Lizzie!" He called after her. She ignored him, pushing her way through the crowd at a dead run. Alexander had never seen his friend like this before. He followed behind, more concerned for her than he had ever been.

He nearly lost sight of her, when her blue veil was suddenly visible near the city gates. She was talking to two girls who were clutching hands. One of the girls, a tall blonde dressed in red, was listening to Elizabeth intently, while the other was trying to pull her companion away.

"....Isabel. Let me help you." Alexander heard Elizabeth say as he caught up. As she spoke, the tall blonde turned slightly, scanning the crowd. Her profile came into Alex's line of vision and he stopped abruptly, feeling as though he had just been kicked in the stomach.

She was the most beautiful creature he had ever laid eyes on. Blonde braids framed a visage of exquisite proportion, full lips, perfect nose, dark full-lashed eyes. And the expression of pure terror on that ideal face brought the iron to Alexander of Whitfield's soul.

Alexander was a knight in need of a cause. And he had found it in the face of an angel.

"Thank you Lady Elizabeth," the angel was saying. "But you cannot help us...we must find Max and Michael ourselves. They are fugitives...they need us." The shorter blonde girl standing next to the angel broke in,

"Having you involved would just mean more trouble...Have you not caused enough already?" The expression of dismay that crossed Lizzie's face annoyed Alexander. Who was this girl to speak to his kind and loving Elizabeth in such a manner.

"I'll thank you milady to keep a civil tongue in your head!" This came from Mary, who had suddenly appeared at Elizabeth's elbow. "How dare you speak to Elizabeth that way when she is only trying to help." Alexander came to stand quietly behind his sister and his friend. He did not speak up, simply stared at the small blonde. Mary had always been capable of defending them all with her wicked tongue.

The angel spoke up. "I apologize for my sister." Alex saw her nudge the other girl with her elbow. She turned sad brown eyes on Alexander. They were pools of mystery, serious and wary....with an underlying hint of vulnerability that spoke to Alexander's heart. He felt it thump unsteadily in his chest.

Elizabeth replied, "I understand that you are upset Lady Tess, but at least let me send my friend Alexander to accompany you...he can protect you in the confines of the Forest until you find your brothers." Alex knew that Lizzie was aware that she did not even need to ask him to do so. His chivalrous nature would have guaranteed that he would have escorted the ladies unbidden.

Lizzie drew him forward, "This is my dearest friend, nearly brother, Alexander of Whitfield. You can trust him. I do, with my life." Elizabeth indicated the angel and her sister, "Alex this is Isabel of Huntington and Tess of Huntington...they are Michael and Max's sisters."

Mary was still next to Elizabeth, her arms crossed over her chest, her eyes still sparking with annoyance at Tess of Huntington. Alex noted that she had changed from her boyish attire to a gown, but that it was typically plain. "I will go too..." she announced, tossing her newly cropped curly head.

"This is not a pleasure ride into the woods," Tess snapped, but Isabel nodded.

"I suppose we do need help." She reached forward and took Elizabeth's hand, "Why are you doing this?" Elizabeth just smiled.

"I do not know myself. I just know that we are meant to help you."

Isabel turned to Alexander and Mary. "I do not understand why you would be so kind to complete strangers, but I thank you." Tess snorted. Alexander noticed that Isabel gave her a perplexed look, but appeared to decide to ignore her sister.

"I hope you do not think you are coming with us. The least you can do," Tess directed her comment to Elizabeth, "Is to keep that imbecile Sir Kyle away from us." Elizabeth raised her chin, narrowing her eyes slightly. What is going on between these two? Alex wondered to himself.

"I was not planning on accompanying you." Elizabeth replied stiffly. "I will come to you tomorrow after I have gathered whatever knowledge I can about Michael's case."

Elizabeth pulled Alex and Mary slightly away from the two Huntington sisters. "Please care for them. I know that it is what Max would want." Alex and Mary exchanged glances.

"What is this Maxwell of Huntington to you Lizzie?" Alexander repeated his question from earlier. "All of this is most peculiar..." He felt himself turning back to stare at Isabel of Huntington. She was watching them all, her dark eyes assessing. She briefly met Alex's gaze, blinked and looked away, a faint blush appearing on her cheeks. Alex felt his own skin heat up but he shook his head, forcing himself to listen to Elizabeth.

His friend was staring off into the distance, her face serene and certain. "I only know that it is important to help Max and his family. I cannot say why, but it must be." She turned her dark eyes on her closest friends in the world. "It is MEANT to be...for all of us."

Mary nodded. "I feel it too. I met Michael of Huntington..." Her eyes narrowed slightly, "And while he is an arrogant pig, he is no murderer. This just feels right." Mary smiled suddenly. "Besides, it has been ages since we truly had an adventure!"

They rejoined Isabel and Tess. "It will be safer if you all hide in the forest until I find out exactly what the Church and Sheriff intend to do...I will also appeal to the Queen." Elizabeth told them. "Is there anyone I should contact for you?" She directed this question at Isabel and Tess. They glanced briefly at each other, seemed to come to an agreement.

"No, not just yet." Isabel replied. Elizabeth suddenly started.

"Oh for pity's sake!There is Sir Kyle...I will go waylay him while you make good your escape...I will meet you tomorrow at St. Mary's Convent in the forest....Lay low until then." With that, she disapeared into the crowd.

Alexander watched her go, wondering when his friend had become such a forceful woman. He turned back to the other three girls, who had all begun to eye each other suspiciously again.

"Let us go...The fewer horses we take the better. We will be unable to properly care for them in the Forest." he stated. He helped Isabel climb onto her horse, Tess mounting behind. That left he and Mary to share the other one. They glared at each other momentarily. Alexander knew exactly what his sister was thinking. "Fine, you may hold the reins to begin with..." he finally relented sighing.

Isabel and Tess laughed despite themselves.

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.