FanFic - Other
"Bippity Boppity Boo"
Part 2
by Cordelia
Disclaimer: I don’t own Roswell, no matter how much I wish I did. The pictures are not mine. They are by a wonderful artist named Jonathan Earl Bowser.
Summary: Maria leaves Roswell after sophomore year. She comes back 6 months later after her 17th birthday. Strange things begin happening to her, and she discovers some strange things about herself and her parents.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: In response to Xandriah’s challenge. ~ ~ mean character thoughts
“Maria, I’ve told you that you about how you have ancestors who were witches right?” Maria could only nod. “Well I lied. ALL your ancestors are witches. You’re a witch Maria.”

“What?!” Maria screamed. “You must be joking. Are you okay mom? Don’t tell me you’re on drugs or something.”

“Maria!!” Amy yelled. She couldn’t believe her 16-year-old daughter was accusing her of taking drugs.

“Sorry, sorry.” Maria said putting her hands up. “Okay, hypothetically lets just say I’m a witch, which I still don’t believe, what does that have to do with my father?”

“Well see, you father he was…different.”

“Different? What do you mean “different.” Are we talking about more then the usual wackiness of stereotypical fathers?” Maria questioned her.

“Yes, um well he was a vampire.” Maria just looked at her mother and began hysterically laughing. After a few minutes she stopped and clutched her chest. “Sorry I thought I just heard you say that my dad was a vampire.”

“Maria. You have to understand. You're seventeen now, and your going to be getting powers…incredible powers that you might not be able to control.” Amy leaned forward and held her daughters hands in hers. “How else can you explain what happened in your room?”

“I mean, it could be a candle, one of my inscents or something….”

“Maria.” It was the first time that Max had said anything. “I think she’s telling the truth.” Maria just looked at him, her mouth gaping.

“Not you too!! I can’t believe this is happening. Aren’t you supposed to be Mr. Reasonable!”

“Maria! I know you don’t believe me but…here.” Amy opened a small wooden box and inside was a gold ring with a large orange citrine crystal. She took it out and held it in her hands. “This was your father’s. He said that this would happen. But well, I didn’t believe him. He told me though, that you probably wouldn’t believe me so he gave me this to give to you. All you have to do is make the connection.”

“Connection?” Maria asked skeptically.

“It’s called psychometry. It’s where you can tell a person’s history by handling a personal object.” Her mother handed her the ring and Maria turned it around in her hand. “Now you just think about your father, and then it should work.” Maria just looked at her mother doubtfully. “Maria, try for me, please.” Maria just shook her head and then gripped the ring in her hand and thought about her father. Like the time he had brought her to the beach or pushed her on the swings, and then it happened. She felt everything her father felt, it was like the flashes but she didn’t see anything, it was just like she was remembering things and she could feel whatever they were feeling. She felt her father’s love for her mother, she felt his fear that she wouldn’t understand when she told him the truth about him being a centuries old vampire, how relieved he felt when she understood, how happy he had been when she was born, how scared he had been for his family’s safety and most of all his sadness when he had to leave them. When it stopped Maria could feel wet tears pouring down her face, and she quickly wiped the tears away from her face.

“How could he be a vampire?”

“Well there are a lot of common misconceptions about vampires. Your father was very, very, strong, centuries old in fact, he was strikingly handsome, as they all are… Umm… sunlight didn’t kill him, but it was more like a bad suntan. He didn’t have to sleep in a coffin, crosses, garlic, or holy water didn’t harm him, but he did have to drink blood. The only way he could be killed was decapitation, fire, or a stake through the heart. He also had many powers. He told me that you would receive all of them, and maybe be stronger then even him. But um, even though you received his attributes, you can die just like any human, but you also have witch powers, and your blood, it has rejuvenating power. Like the Holy Grail, so you don’t have to drink blood to survive. Oh and do you remember the things that your aunt gave you right? Well your father also left you some things when he left, in a large maple trunk in my closet. He also left a book that would explain all the things that are happening to you, and your powers.”

Maria just sat there shocked. Her dad was a vampire? Her mom was a witch? Could things get any weirder? She didn’t think that it was possible. “I need some air.” And that was it, she got up and walked out the door, not noticing the worried look on her Mother’s and Max’s face.

“Max.” Amy looked at the boy who seemed to be taking the news better then his daughter. “You understand that you can’t ever tell anyone about this right?”

“I know. Trust me, I’m good at keeping secrets. And don’t worry, I’ll make sure she’s okay.” Max began to get up but Amy stopped him.

“Why don’t you go to Watcher’s Hill, by the big oak tree. Maria always used to go there when she wanted to think.” Max nodded at her and left the house. He got in his jeep and fifteen minutes later he reached the park. He walked towards the hill and say Maria under the tree playing with a bunch of flowers her back towards him. He started up the hill towards her and when he was about ten feet away she spoke.

“What are you doing here?” She said without turning around.

“I came to make sure that you were okay.”

“Okay? Okay! How could I possibly be OKAY!?” She shouted and finally turned around to look at him, her legs still crossed. “I mean, sure, I always thought I was a little different, but this! This is ridiculous!” Maria suddenly ripped all the pedals of the flowers and threw then into the air, and then pointed her finger up and twirled it around and the petals floated and spiraled in the air above Maria’s head. Then she put her finger down and then leaning forwards she blew on the pedals and they changed from white to red. Finally she glared at Max who could only stare in surprise, satisfied that she had proved her point, she waved her hand dismissingly and the flower petals fell to the floor. Max finally snapping out of it walked over to her and sat down.

“Okay, I admit this is all a little…strange, but hey weirder things have happened.” Max leaned back against the tree. “I am an….” Max leaned closer, “alien, you know….” Maria stifled a laugh.

“Fair enough.” Then they just sat their silently looking at the sunset. Finally as it began to get darker Maria spoke. “Max.” He turned to look at her. “I don’t want anyone to know. Not Liz, Alex, Michael, Isabel, no one.”

“Maria, I think that we should…” Maria cut him off.

“I haven’t told anyone your secret, and I’m going to trust you to not tell anyone mine.” She stared at him and he knew she was perfectly serious. “And just so you know this isn’t some type of blackmail, you know, a you tell then I tell deal. I’m trusting you as a..friend not to tell anyone.” Max slightly grimaced when she paused on the word friend. It was true that they weren’t known to be the best of friends. Finally he nodded, it was her choice, and he would stand by it.

“Alright, I won’t tell anyone.” Maria turned to him, and managed a small smile. Then she got up and began brushing herself off. “Where are you going?” He asked, getting up His bones were stiff and his muscles soar from sitting for so long.

“I don’t know about you, but I’m starving. I am going to the Crashdown and I’m getting something to eat before I’m skinnier then Ally McBeal. And of course I am still taking you up on that offer you made earlier today.” Maria said arching her eyebrows.

“Alright let's go.”

* * * * * *

When Michael looked up from his booth to see Max and Maria walk in together laughing he almost choked on his Tabasco drenched cheeseburger. He had the same type of reaction on Maria. The instant their eyes locked the smile on her face disappeared and was replaced with a small scowl. He watched as she leaned towards Max and nudged him with her elbow. He looked at her and they seemed to be communicating though they weren’t talking. Finally Maria threw her arms up in the air huffing and slid in across the booth from Michael and Max following her lead.

“So uh, Michael, how you been?” Max said trying to alleviate the tension.

“Been better Maxwell.”

“Oh, so what you doing here?”

“Eating.”

“Umm, where’s Isabel.”

“Girly stuff.” Max just nodded, he figured that was about as verbal as Michael would get. That was about as verbal as Michael ever got.

Michael watched the two sitting across from him. They seemed to be in perfect tune with each other. When had that happened? When had Maria gotten back? He had gotten that tingly feeling on the back of his neck he always got when she was around, but she had been gone so long, he just figured that he had been imagining it.

“I got back on Friday, so you can stop staring at me like I’m going to float away.” Maria said leaning back in the seat and crossing her arms over her chest. Michael resisted the urge to get up and run out of the café. For some reason he decided sitting here inches away from her was less torture then imagining what she and Max were talking about once if left.

“I wasn’t staring.” He said turning away. Maria just made a pfft noise and blew a piece of hair out of her eyes. He watched her from the corner of his eye. She had defiantly changed. Her outward beauty was even more stunning and it just drew you towards her, it was almost overwhelming, though he knew the girl inside was just as beautiful if not more. As he thought this Maria turned to look at him, staring at him thoughtfully, but then quickly turned away when Liz came up to the table to take their orders.

“Hey…what can I get you guys?” Liz said awkwardly. Maria watched as Liz tried her hardest not to look at Max.

“I’ll have some Saturn rings and cherry cola.”

“Will Smith burger and a coke.” Liz nodded, scribbling the order down on her notepad.

“Coming right up.” And then she quickly turned on her heal to place the order. The rest of the meal was eaten silently. Though he had noticed Max and Maria seemed to smile and have small outburst of laugher. ~Were they high or something?~ Finally Maria they finished eating.

“Uh, well boys, it’s been a pleasure. But I have certain things that I must attend to. I’ll be seeing you.” Maria gave them a little salute and after Max got up slid out of the booth. She then gave them one of her trademark 2000-watt smiles and exited the restaurant. As soon as Max sat down, Michael looked pointedly at him.

“So?”

“What?!” Max said trying to shrug it off.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about! You and her ambushing me in here, and then that whole weird thing you guys were doing.”

“First of all, we didn’t ambush you, and second, what weird thing?!”

“Yes you did, and that whole smiling thing.”

“We were smiling, big deal What’s with you anyways Michael? It’s not like we were doing anything wrong. Just because you broke up with her doesn’t mean you can’t still be friends.

“Yeah, well maybe it does.” Michael dropped some money on the table and bolted. He had to leave, he had had to bite down on his lip to keep from saying anymore. Because if he had he would have said that they it didn’t mean they couldn’t be friends, they never would be, because she was so much more, and every time he was around her he would lose all thoughts of home and his Destiny, and the potential fact that he was dangerous, and that was just too many things to deal with.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.