FanFic - Other
"An Affair to Remember"
Part 6
by Andaluchia
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Michael slowly walked towards the train station still stunned from what happened. He wanted to kiss her, so he did. And then she told him they didn't belong together. But, they did. He knew that from there first conversation in high school, But, what about Isabel?

I shouldn't do this to her, he thought to himself. He knew that even if Maria and him didn't end up together that he still shouldn't be with Isabel, because, it wasn't fair to her.

Michael stepped into the train station and went up to the clerk and handed him his ticket.

"You're going to Oakland?" The clerk asked. Michael nodded. "Well, sir there is a problem with that train right now. We've been ordered to direct you back to your original train and take you back to New York."

"Why?" Michael asked.

"Like I said, there is something wrong with the train. It's going to take a few days to fix. But, when you get back to New York they'll be happy to refund your ticket. I'm very sorry about the inconvenience," The clerk said.

"It's all right," Michael said as he picked up his bags and headed back to the old train.

He stepped into the room expected to see Maria, but she wasn't there. He needed to find her, to talk to her. He left the room in search for her.

"Michael!"

Michael turned around and saw William and Claire. He cursed them in his mind. They were very nice people, but right now he wanted to talk to Maria, alone. "Is everything all right, Michael?" Claire asked.

"Have you, by chance, seen Maria?" He asked.

"Yeah, she went into the lounge," Claire answered.

"Thank you so much!" He said and left towards the lounge.

"See, I told you they loved each other," Claire said.

"I didn't say anything," William said.

Michael bolted towards the lounge. When he opened the door he stopped. Maria sat there alone, but looking like an angel. Michael slowly walked towards her. She didn't acknowledge his presence and he wasn't sure if she had noticed him yet.

"Maria?" He whispered. She slowly turned her head to look at him. "Maria,I-"

"Stop," she said and he did. She stood up and faced him.

"Maria, I'm sorry," he said. She shook her head.

"It's not your fault. I wanted you to kiss me also," she said.

"You did?" He asked. She nodded.

"I had mastered the game of forgetting all about you until this morning when we saw each other again," she said. "Now, I know that I never did forget you."

"Maria, I never forgot you either. When I thought you were dead I thought I'd never get a second chance," he told her. "I love you."

"I love you, too." She said and they kissed. "Michael, do you want to be with me?"

"Yes," he breathed. He pulled away and grew serious. "Maria, I've never been...faithful to a woman before, not even Isabel. And I don't want to get into this without having the right foundation," he said.

"Michael, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you should make me wait. You should wait," he said.

"For how long?" She asked. He thought about it for a second.

"Three months. Give me a chance to get everything in my life in order, so that I can be ready for this. So, that I can end things with Isabel and be in the right state of mind. So, you can do the same," he said.

"We'll know for sure if this is real," she added. He nodded.

"What are you doing in three months...say May 15th at 5:30 p.m.?" He asked.

"Well, I don't know. Why?"

"Meet me at the top of the Empire State Building, then we'll know that it was real when we meet again," he said. "We'll be together."

"OK, and what if one of us doesn't come?"' She asked.

"Then we'll know that only something very important kept us away," hesaid.

"And we'll never bother each other again?" She asked. He nodded. "OK," she whispered.

"You know, we have to go back to New York in a few hours. I wanted to spend more time with you," he said to her.

She grabbed his hand and pulled him close to her. "We still have a few hours," she whispered and kissed him.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.