FanFic - Other
"After"
"Girls"
Part 2
by Diana
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters. No infringement intended.
Summary: "Girls" Another Destiny Tag… Kyle’s Point of view
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my interpretation of what the characters were going through a few days/ weeks after ‘Destiny’… Feedback is always appreciated... Thanks to everyone who's sent me feedback on my other stories :-D
My name is Kyle Valenti and a week ago I died. Bullshit. I didn’t die. My life got completely screwed up. That’s all. I don’t know what the hell is going on. All I know is that I got shot, I got healed, and I got completely confused. I know who saved me and I know what that means. I still have his damn handprint on my chest. Just like the one Liz had. I’m guessing that he did the same thing to me that he did to her when she got shot. Except he probably let me bleed a little longer than she did. I bet he wanted to wait until it was too late to save me. Make me suffer. I can’t blame him. I would have done the same thing if we had switched places and he was the one with a bullet in him. He saved me though. My father probably begged him for my life. I bet I wasn’t even dying. I probably would have been fine if they had just called an ambulance for me. I would have been okay with that. But no. Saint Maxwell Evans healed me. Now I owe him my life. Great. Just great. Everything was silver. When I got shot I mean. I think I must have blacked out when it hit me. I opened my eyes and the room looked gray. Anything bright or shiny was silver. My mouth tasted like metal. I probably blacked out again because the next thing I saw was my father standing over me. He was crying. His tears were silver. And then Evans put his hands on me and I saw all these pictures of Liz and the others, and bright flashes of silver light between each picture. Now I’ve got his mark on me. And that’s silver too. My father practically worships him now. All he needs is a picture of Evans and a few candles to make a shrine and he’d be set. It’s disgusting. I mean, I don’t hate Max or anything. I don’t like him, but I don’t hate him. He’s a lot of fun when he’s drunk and, hell he saved my life. So I don’t hate him. But the way my father fawns all over him now is just revolting. A few moths ago, my father hated him, or at least suspected him. I liked it better that way. I could keep my distance. I can’t do that now. I wish he’d left well enough alone. I really do. That little circle of theirs has too many problems for me. Only problems I’m used to having is figuring out whether to have beer or Jack Daniels or the blonde or the brunette. I always score with the blondes but I usually go for the brunettes. Go figure. Evans treats her like shit. Liz, I mean. Then again, he treats everyone else around him the same way. Liz has really fallen hard for that guy. You can tell. But every time they get together, a week later they’ve split up. Every time I’ve seen her this week she’s been crying. I think, if I’d had the chance, I could have made her happy. Why would she want someone who makes her cry? I will never understand women. Especially not the ones around Evans. The other three are almost as bad. Isabel Evans is beautiful. She knows it too. So she’s evil and demanding and controlling to everyone but the people in her little cliques. Half the kids in school are afraid of her. She’s got Alex following her like a damn puppy dog. You’ve got to admire her. She’s got this hold over everyone. She’s tall, pretty, and smart, and you can’t tell her a damn thing. But when she’s around her brother or any of the others, she’s different. I don’t know how to explain it. Isabel “look but don’t touch” Evans gets all quiet and scared around them. I know their secret now, so I know why she would be so worried. But she’s got all this power and it’s like she’s letting her brother control her. It’s a real shame to see her that way. I don’t mind Maria. The only reason I paid any attention to her was because she’s Liz’s best friend. But the girl has some problems. No one’s supposed to be that damn kooky all the time. It’s unnatural. I think her mother took too many hits of something while she was pregnant. I don’t really care about Maria either way. Plus, if I ever tired to mess with her that trailer-trash boyfriend of hers would probably kick my ass. I don’t like Guerin at all. I guess the only one I tolerate is Tess. She seems okay. Pretty girl. Great personality. She seems like she and Isabel might have the same blonde bitch thing going on, but it’s all right. Too bad he’s already gotten to her. I don’t know what’s up with her and Evans. Looks like she’s fallen for him hard and fast, just like Liz did. Another waste. I guess it’s good to have girls like Vicky. Great girl, really sweet. She’s been a gymnast since she was three. All that flexibility comes in handy. And there’s not a brain in her head. It’s great. A nice change of pace after Liz. But she’s not what I really want. Everyone thinks I’m stupid. I mean, look at my dad. Brains don’t exactly run in the family. But that doesn’t mean I want a dumb girl. I want Liz. No. I want someone smart like Liz. With Isabel’s body, Tess’s personality, and Maria’s… well… there’s got to be something good about Maria. Maybe her mouth. She’s got a good voice. And I could think of all kinds of things to do with those lips of hers. But that’s not the point. I want a girl like Evans’ girls. I want what Evans has. Great. I started talking about that bullet but I ended up talking about those girls. Maybe even though I got shot in the chest, that bullet messed with my brain. Or maybe I just have a one-track mind. But I guess the two things are related. If I hadn’t gotten shot, I could have gotten away from all of them. I guess I can’t do that now that Saint Maxwell Evans has laid his healing hands on me. I should have never messed with Liz. I should have never tried to kiss Isabel in the sixth grade. I should have never watched Maria eat that ice cream at lunch the other day. She’d nibble at the cone and then she’d lick the top of the ice cream and then she’d… man, I gotta find Vicky. I need to leave the girls alone. I need to stop letting my mind wander. I need to stop thinking about how Liz’s hair gets when it rains; all heavy and thick and dark… I’ll never learn.
Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.