FanFic - Other
"Across Time and Space"
Part 2
by Skylar
Disclaimer: I only own Sizran, Dixon, Kavon, and Bran. The original cast was already taken.
Summary: A second message from the now-altered future.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
"Hey," Kavon smiled lighting up the atmosphere. "Don't you think if we had to pick between good aliens and bad ones, we would pick the ones that didn't come out to get us!" He gave one last farewell before disappearing behind the metal doors.

"Mommy," Bran tugged at Maria's sleeve. "Is aunt Tess going to leave too? Why do they leave, Mommy...?"

"I... there's no time to answer questions, sweet. Do you remember the hiding trick Tess taught you?"

"Uh hum"

"Ok. When the Kanners come after you, you have to hide, ok? You mustn't let them get you..." She hugged him tight and kissed him in the cheek.

"You're going to leave me too, aren't you..." Bran lowered his eyes, to his mother's still flat belly. "No, Bran. Your father and I will never leave you. Never. We love you, with all our heart. You are the greatest most wonderful gift that God gave us. Don't forget that, ok. We'll always love you, Bran. Always." Her voice broke as she leaned her head on his little chest.

"Come here Bran." Michael shrunk on his heels as his son approached him. "You know your mom gets very emotional lately, she cries out little things. I want you to take care of her ok. You'll hide and when you have to fight, use that move we practiced."

"I'll protect them, papa. I promise. I'm big and strong now... You're going to save uncle Max, right?"

"Yeah, kid. Our king needs rescuing..." He said softly. "You know I love you, right Bran. You and your mother are the most important people in my life."

"My sister too, papa." He spoke with such certainty it made Michael smile.

"You think it's going to be a girl, don't you."

His son shook his head. "I know papa."

"He must want a sister very badly." Maria placed her hands in her stomach as she started walking towards her husband and son. This child will not be born. And soon, nor will their precious Bran.

Michael stood up, and picked up Bran in one arm. "Prepare everything, Maer. We have to send this before you two get to safety."

Maria gave him a stubborn glare. "I'm not leaving you Michael."

"I already decided, woman. And you'll do as you're told."

"Don't start ordering me, alien."

"But Mommy," Bran interjected. "Papa has to go and save Max. Mama, don't worry, I'll protect you..."

It was hard not to smile. "Bran, I'm your mother, I have to protect you."

"But you don't have any powers."

"Since when has that mattered..." She looked at Michael as he continued typing the codes. "I really hope you didn't teach him that..." she started.

"Listen to him. He's right. You humans are just too stubborn to understand...."

"Excuse me..." her eyes flew to him indignantly.

"I'm also half human, papa..." his son reminded him. "But it wasn't papa who told me. Aunt Tess said that. She said we are stronger because we have powers...and Ava said too!"

"Well, that's not entirely true, Bran. Those two think that their race is superior to any other". Ava... Maria remembered then.

"But I am..." the small child murmured softly.

Maria looked at Michael, and then turned to the screen. "There's something Ava said before she-- she mentioned that Liz was always searching in the granolith for her Max. And I don't think she meant Max, but her Max-- I know it doesn't make sense... but she wanted Liz, young Liz, to know that there was no Serena." She took a deep breath, seeing Michael's confused face. "I know it doesn't make sense! But I just remembered. She was very demanding that they know this." She turned to the screen again. "I believe Liz was going to try to make a connection to the past... I know now that's what she meant..." Maria remembered that night, a week ago.

~~~~~She had walked in as Ava and her where having an argument.

"I have to find him, Ava!" Liz shouted from the keyboards, barely raising her head. "The kinetic energy generated to produce the gap in space... the granolith can do it. It's almost as if it has a life of its own... a computer... May be if I can reverse the connection...I can find him..."

"I'm starting to believe you've really lost it, Liz. He doesn't exist anymore. You're talking about some parallel time plane or something...!" Ava said loudly enough to get a reaction.

"You don't understand! I have to find him!"

"No! He's gone Liz! That Max is gone! You know it, he told you.There's only Zan now--"

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Maria had interrupted, and both had looked at each other so guiltily. She felt a stab of jealousy that Liz had confided in Ava, but not in her.~~~~~~

Loud noises erupted outside the room snapped her out. Michael turned to Maria as he handed her Bran. She ran to grab guns on the other side of the wall.

"Sizran will be here any second. You have to escape out of here. They can't get Bran, Maria!"

She knew she needed to go with Bran, but she couldn't bring herself to leave Michael.

They were breaching the iron doors and Michael was prepared to face them.

Maria turned, for what it seemed like the last time, and she spoke clearly and full of emotion. "I can still remember the day when Liz told me about you Czechs. What she said, that Max had brought her back to life in different ways; it was true for me too Michael. Until her last breath, she never regretted it, and neither do I." I don't know how I'll live without you, Michael; she sent her thoughts to him. "You proved me right when I said you Czechs spoiled us for anyone else. You wrecked my life space boy, but you also gave it meaning."

Michael didn't need that from her right now. Or may be he didn't want to need that because it only ripped him more. "No goodbyes Maria. Anything but that from you." Anything but that. I don't want to feel I'm losing you. "And you wretched my life too, so I guess we are even."

Maria smiled through the tears. So smooth, space boy... so smooth...

For those few seconds out of time, both felt and lived their whole lives. Their fights, their make-ups, their wedding, the birth of their son...

They came back to reality as shouts and shoots exploded against the doors.

"Bran, hide your mother and the granolith! Now!"

The final explosion broke the door, and four guards stood there, guns raised. They opened the way as a fifth one came through.

"Well, well, well. Michael, we meet again."

The enemy had invaded.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.