FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Higher"
"Parts 1 and 2"
Part 1
by Alexis
Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, although, boy what I would give to have Brendan... anyway, they belong to Jason Katims and whoever else owns Roswell.
Summary: Maria is kidnapped and Michael is sent to rescue her, but in the process, things go horribly wrong.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Later parts will have music to go in the background...On with the story!!!!!
"God, Michael.....I'm so tired. I don't think I can go on," Maria breathed.

Michael looked back at her from their cover of darkness. He saw that her steps were becoming really forced, and she was having a lot of trouble. He stopped.

"Why are you stopping?" Maria asked, confused and breathing heavily.

Without a word, Michael scooped Maria up into his arms and began walking quickly again. She didn't protest. Maria's breathing eventually became even, and Michael realized that she had fallen asleep. He didn't blame her, the last few hours had been difficult for her.....

***

"Michael!" Liz's shrill voice echoed in his ears. He had to pull the phone receiver away from himself a few inches before he could bring himself to put the phone back up to his ears to listen to her again.

"What's wrong, Liz? It's two in the morning...." Michael looked at the clock in his room groggily. He was slightly irritated, he had actually been sleeping well for a change.

"Michael, Maria's been kidnapped!!"

"What?!?" Those words threw Michael upright in his bed. 'No, she can't be kidnapped, she just can't be....' his thoughts were out of control.

"Alright, Liz. I'll meet you at the Crashdown in ten minutes." He quickly hung up the phone and started to throw his clothes on.

Ten minutes later.....

Michael walked hurridly into the Crashdown where all the others where seated in a booth, talking quietly.

"Alright, guys, I'm here. What's up?"

Liz looked up at him with tears in her eyes, and Michael flinched. Max looked up from comforting Liz to explain to Michael what had happened.

"Maria's mother called Liz about an hour ago in a panic. Apparently, around one, a couple of guys in black masks broke into Maria's house to abduct Maria. She must have fought back because Mrs. DeLuca heard loud noises from Maria's room and went to check on her. She walked in on the men dragging Maria out the window. One of the men threatened Mrs. DeLuca with a gun, and told her not to follow. After they left with Maria, Mrs. DeLuca called the police, and then Liz, and you know the rest." Max's eyes had become increasingly downtrodden and sad since his tale began.

Michael sat down at the booth. "Maxwell, it's our fault she's been taken. We have to go after her!"

"I know," said Max, "but Isabel and I can't. The sheriff is watching us too closely. When we went over to see Mrs. DeLuca, the sheriff was looking at us the whole time. He expects all of us to be in school tomorrow, except.....you."

"Me?" Michael was surprised. He hadn't expected Max to entrust him with anything like this. Usually he just got left behind until Max and Isabel checked it out.

"Yes, you. You're the only one that is expected to be anywhere tomorrow...at school, or a job."

Isabel, who had been sitting quietly with Alex, finally spoke up. "Michael, you're the only one who wouldn't arouse suspicions. The police aren't going to find her. You are the only one."

"You can count on me....Liz," she looked up at him, tears still streaming down her face, "I'll find her, I will."

And with that, Michael walked out the door and concentrated on finding Maria DeLuca.

Michael Guerin had no idea where to look for Maria. He had been running for what seemed like hours, but after a while, his feet started to get sore, so he slowed his pace.

*God, where should I look?* Michael had started to let the panic and distress finally sink in. He hadn't let the emotions get to him until after he was well away from the Crashdown and all his friends.

Suddenly, Michael felt something...what was it? A feeling? No, more like a connection that was egging him on along a certain path. Finally, Michael started running again. He let this phantom connection take control, leading with his feelings, heart over mind.

After a while, it occurred to Michael that he was no longer within the city limits. In fact, he was far beyond them...but how much farther? He didn't care to know. He just cared about rescuing Maria....Maria. Her face silently crept into his mind. Why did her beautiful face haunt him so? *Beautiful?* Yes, beautiful.

As he gazed at the picture in his mind's eye, he didn't realize he had slowed down and come to a complete halt in front of an old, run down building. He shook the image away.

*Now this is interesting. I must have run a long way to get to this. I don't remember ever seeing this building before.* A shrill noise drowned out his thoughts and he looked towards the building. *Maria!*

Michael quickly moved towards a door that was standing slightly ajar. *Odd....no security. This is too easy,* Michael thought with a smile. He opened it noiselessly and entered the building. Inside the building sat Maria DeLuca, smack-dab in the middle of the room. The place was pitch black, save for a spotlight that was pointed down directly on her. *So, an interrogation, huh?*

The only other person that he could see, even with his enhanced vision, was a woman, silently walking circles around Maria. Maria was strapped to a steel chair, her hands and feet bound in leather braces. She looked forlorn, but angry. The woman continued her circles around Maria. Michael strained, but still couldn't make out who Maria's captor was. She hadn't turned enough to let him get a valid facial identification. "Well, Maria, since you won't divulge any usefull information, we're just going to have to do it the hard way...."

*That voice is so familiar...*

A man emerged from the shadows, clad in green doctors' scrubs. He carried with him a needle, and squirted a small amount of it to get rid of any stray bubbles.

Maria looked at him wide eyed and started to struggle. "NO! GET AWAY FROM ME! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" The woman and doctor both held her down as the doctor administered the shot. Immediately, there was a change in Maria. She became calmer, more sedate. Michael didn't like what they were doing to Maria, but he couldn't just jump out of the shadows like an enraged guerilla. That wouldn't get him anywhere. So, he just stood, clenching his knuckles and biting his lip.

"So, Miss DeLuca. Now that our veritable 'truth serum' has started to kick in... You have something to tell me about your friends, Max Evans, Isabelle Evans, and Michael Guerin?"

Maria nodded, "Michael Guerin..."

To Be Continued

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.