FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Higher"
Part 3
by Alexis
Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, although, boy what I would give to have Brendan... anyway, they belong to Jason Katims and whoever else owns Roswell.
Summary: Maria is kidnapped and Michael is sent to rescue her, but in the process, things go horribly wrong.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Later parts will have music to go in the background...On with the story!!!!!
"Michael Guerin...," Maria repeated. "Yes," Topolsky said, her voice brimming with impatience.

"Michael is special..." Maria said, a haze settling over her eyes. She was now under the full affects of the drug. Topolsky was grinning. *Now we're getting somewhere...* "How special, Maria?" "He is...everything. He is an amazingly beautiful person....he is the reason I'm alive...." Topolsky's grin faded. Michael froze. *I had no idea she thought of me that way.* Michael was moved. He felt wetness on his cheek, and wiped it away, embarrassed. *Crying is not going to help Maria get out of here.*

"Michael is who I love..." Maria's sappy smile was getting to Topolsky. She broke. Topolsky grabbed Maria by the shoulders and shook her. "Where is Michael from?!?! Tell me, you little shit!" Topolsky's shrill voice pierced the air. *This is not helping...* Topolsky thought.

Maria wasn't fazed. She sat in thought for a minute, pondering her answer. "It doesn't matter where he's from," Maria answered, a shy smile on her face,"because he lives in my heart." Michael watched Topolsky circle Maria. She was getting angrier. He looked around the warehouse for something to attack Topolsky with. *I need to get Maria out of here before the ice queen does anything to hurt my Maria...my Maria?* As Michael pondered why he had suddenly thought that, he saw something glint out of the corner of his eye. He picked it up and smiled. *Excellent. This will do nicely.* He crept out of the darkness and lept out and grabbed Topolsky. He held the shard of glass against her throat.

"Let her go, Topolsky." Michael growled. Her original shock and she became afraid. Her masked helpers moved in. "Tell the to stop," Michael whispered harshly in her ear. He edged the blade closer to her neck. A trickle of blood appeared.

She was scared now. "Don't move," she ordered. The masked men stopped in their tracks.

"Now," Michael said, trying to keep his voice calm. He took a step back from the men, taking Topolsky with him. "I want your goons to untie Maria and carry her over here, or I'm gonna leave a nasty mark on your neck that would severly impair your ability to hurt us anymore."

"Do it," Topolsky choked out. The masked men did so, untying Maria's hands and arms, and bringing her over to Michael. He quickly bent down, Topolsky in hand, and lifted Maria up. They then backed up out the door of the warehouse. When Michael thought it was safe, he pushed Topolsky back inside and grabbed Maria and started to run into the desert. Topolsky landed in a heap on the floor, clutching her bleeding neck.

The men stooped to help her, but she slapped them away, yelling, "Get them, you idiots!" at the top of her lungs. The men rushed outside to catch the teenager, but it was too late. They were gone. Topolsky hefted herself up and strode to the door defiantly. "Get the equipment...we're going after them."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.