FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Homework and Dance Lessons "
Part 11
by hitchhiker
Disclaimer: The usual. The characters and Roswell don’t belong to me, but to WB, etc. I’m only borrowing them for a while!
Summary: After the brief truce they come to in Sexual Healing, our favorite couple reach a level of semi-comfort in their relationship. (Sigh, if M&M ever become completely comfortable with their lives and themselves, they wouldn’t be M&M!)
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Now that Crazy is out, I thought I'd better hurry up and send the final parts of this story in! Thanks to everyone who sent feedback on the early parts of this fic - you gave me great encouragement. One acknowledgement needs to be made here: some of the interaction between M&M here is owed to the characterisation in the fanfic series, Roswell Elementary (check it out, it's great! http://www.crosswinds.net/~raddish/index.html). While my story is not at all dependent on the stories there, they've definitely influenced the characters as I see them now.
It was 2 p.m. by the time Maria walked through the doors of the Crashdown and spied her friends at their usual booth in the back. Isabel, sitting across the table from Max, looked as grim as she had earlier that morning. Liz, sitting next to Max (who was staring at her as usual) was talking animatedly across to -- Alex. Maria made a mental note to check with Liz who’d been the one to invite him. Her, or Isabel? She slid into the booth beside Liz and was immediately pounced on by the latter.

“Where’s Michael?” she snapped, her eyes suspicious. What was her problem? Maria wondered. But maybe it was just her imagination, Alex didn’t seem to notice anything out of the ordinary.

“Parking the car.” Maria replied, wondering how much the Evanses had already told the other two. She didn’t mind being talked about - they’d know sooner or later anyway - she just wanted to share last night with Michael privately for a while longer.

“Here he is.” Liz announced as Michael came through the door. Maria wondered why she never noticed how the light made a halo around his hair when he burst in countless times before. He’d changed into one of those gaudy retro shirts he seemed to have a closetful of, which was open at the neck to reveal a white tee stretched across the torso she knew so well. As far as Maria was concerned, Max could keep his boring blue.

“Hey,” Michael said as he slid into the booth next to Alex, across from Maria, and scowled at them. “Better eat fast or we’ll miss the movie.” Maria failed to hide her grin. Isabel rolled her eyes. Liz helpfully went to rush his order. Welcome to Michael-land. The four of them had finished eating and been waiting for them for nearly an hour. Maria knew she shouldn’t have allowed him to come home with her, they had gotten -um - sidetracked.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 12
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.