FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Homework and Dance Lessons "
Part 12
by hitchhiker
Disclaimer: The usual. The characters and Roswell don’t belong to me, but to WB, etc. I’m only borrowing them for a while!
Summary: After the brief truce they come to in Sexual Healing, our favorite couple reach a level of semi-comfort in their relationship. (Sigh, if M&M ever become completely comfortable with their lives and themselves, they wouldn’t be M&M!)
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Now that Crazy is out, I thought I'd better hurry up and send the final parts of this story in! Thanks to everyone who sent feedback on the early parts of this fic - you gave me great encouragement. One acknowledgement needs to be made here: some of the interaction between M&M here is owed to the characterisation in the fanfic series, Roswell Elementary (check it out, it's great! http://www.crosswinds.net/~raddish/index.html). While my story is not at all dependent on the stories there, they've definitely influenced the characters as I see them now.
Anyone spying the group of six emerging from the darkened theater that evening wouldn’t have been able to tell that just a few months ago, they were in fact two groups of three. They went everywhere together these days. And since Roswell wasn’t a big place, they didn’t go unnoticed. Typically, the tall, spiky-haired boy looked like he was ready to bolt from the small, pixie blonde firmly attached to his arm. She was talking excitedly to a dark-haired girl with gentle eyes. Something about the swoon-factor of the hero in the movie they’d just seen. Following slightly behind the dark-haired girl was a dark-haired boy who was staring wistfully at her, wondering for the umpteenth time if he should take hold of her hand. Still further behind was a blonde princess, striding out, her nose in the air wrinkling at the four in front of her, trying purposefully to ignore the gangling boy whose eyes were boring into her back.

Isabel couldn’t decide which was worse. Maria and Michael taking their relationship to another level or Max and Liz waiting forever to do so. Sigh, why couldn’t her boys just stay that way -- her boys. And Alex -- she wished he’d stop crowding her. When she’d asked Liz to invite him this afternoon, she’d told herself she didn’t want him to feel left out, considering his long history with Liz and that De Luca girl. Max had been in love with Liz Parker for as long as she could remember but what did Michael see in that kook Maria? She used too much lip gloss, had the weirdest sense of style and blathered far too much. Isabel was sure that was why he was now tugging his arm away from her to fall into step with Max.

But deep down she knew better. Michael had never been the long-suffering type like Max was; no baby steps for him. Michael fell into this like he fell into everything -- hard and fast. But he’d always depended on Max to bail him out of rough situations. Well, Max couldn’t help him now. Michael was in this Maria-thing on his own.

When Isabel found out he’d stayed over at Maria’s house the night he walked away from Hank, she couldn’t help but feel a little hurt. The three of them were supposed to stick together. But she also knew that that line grew less and less convincing with every day that passed, beginning with the moment her brother saved lived Liz Parker from that stray bullet at the Crashdown. The aftermath of that one act had hurtled the six of them from one wild encounter to the next, each one drawing them closer and closer into a tightly-knit circle. She would never admit it, but she was glad. She had girlfriends she could really talk to now, not just those airheads she usually surrounded herself with. Well, with Liz at least. She hadn’t been able to get Maria to slow down long enough to actually talk to her.

Isabel watched half in envy and half in curiosity as Maria said a tender goodbye to Michael outside the Pizza Palace. At least Michael could admit to being a stonewall, Isabel realized. She couldn’t - wouldn’t? - even admit it to herself.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 13
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.