FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda"
"A PAST REVISITED"
Part 5
by Jennie
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Maria was just nodding off on the floor between the two babies when she heard cheesy mambo music.

Quickly, she leapt at her purse before the rugrats woke up. Maria glanced at the caller ID before answering.

“Delia?” she asked. There was no answer. “Delia, Babe! What’s wrong?”

“I… I need help Ria. I need out of here,” her friend finally said.

“I’m booking you a flight here, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.” She heard Delia sigh in relief. “It’ll be like old times! I miss sharing a room with you.”

“Thank you.” Maria smiled. Delia had said those words a mere five times in their friendship. She also know better than to ask what Delia’s trouble was. She had a hard time showing weakness.

“You should’ve just come with me in the first place, silly.”

“Yeah… so where are you living?” Delia’s voice started to take on it’s usual spunky tone.

“I am the proud owner of my very own apartment.” Maria figured the Michael part could wait. That would take way too long to explain on the phone.

“I’m so proud of you girl…” Delia cleared her throat uncomfortably. “Look, there’s something you should know.”

“What?”

“Chad has been asking around about you.”

“That bastard!” Maria growled quietly, not wanting to disturb the sleeping kids.

“It’s serious this time… he’s gone crazy over it.”

“I don’t know what he wants!” Maria sobbed.

“Neither do I,” Delia said gently, knowing how hard this had been on her friend.

“Why can’t he just leave me alone?” she whined.

“Honey, Clay IS his son,” Delia reminded.

Maria grew defensive. “He doesn’t give a shit about Clay and you know that.”

“I know, kiddo.”

They sat in contemplative silence for a few cleansing moments.

“I’ll buy you a ticket and call you with the details, okay?” Maria was determined to leave her past behind her.

“Sure.”

“Oh and Delia, you need to get a REAL job here.”

Her friend gasped, feigning shock. “Why?”

“Because my New Years Resolution was to never live with a prostitute again and I’m sticking to it!”

“Since when have you ever stuck to a New Years Resolution? Remember last year when you vowed never to eat meat again?”

“Hey! That was NOT my fault! Seriously though, I could get you a job as a waitress.”

“Food service? I don’t think so chica.”

“Well, whatever. You just need to get yourself a legitimate job.”

“I still don’t understand the benefits in taking a ‘legitimate’ job… I mean between the background checks, required schedules, taxes—“

“Delia, you’re not talking your way out of this one,” Maria warned.

“Okay, okay. I just… don’t know what I would be good at.”

“Well, your forte DOES seem to be ‘serving’ people,” Maria joked.

“Ria.”

“Okay, I’ll stop.” Maria turned as Annalee started to whimper. “Gotta go. The monster awakens.”

“Is it that bad?”

“No, not really. It’s just difficult on my own.”

“Never fear! Delia’s on her way to the rescue!”

Maria laughed as she picked her sister up. “Whatever you say. I’ll call your house when I get the plane info.”

“No!… I mean call my cell… I’m gonna be out and about.”

“Sure,” Maria agreed, knowing that something was up with her friend but not wanting to push. “Love you. Bye.”

“Love you too. And thanks, Ria.”

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.