FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Just the Two of Us, Some Friends, and a Spaceship"
Part 3
by Kim
Disclaimer: Me No Own, I'm just playing with them and I will return them when I am done.
Summary: Maria is pregnant, and Michael and Max have found their ship.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is written in response to all the stories written about Maria or Liz where they are pregnant and on their own. As a young (20) single mother I feel it is sometimes glamorized by people (not necessarily by anyone on the list, cause a lot of us are moms) and single motherhood is anything but glamorous. Okay I am now stepping off of my soapbox. This is my first fanfic so feedback would be great. Please be patient with me. :)
"How did they find the ship, Isabel? I thought it was taken by the government when they cleared the crash site?" Liz asked obviously bewildered.

"I don't know maybe the aliens that survived hid this ship and left clues for us to recover it. But Michael and Max were looking for clues in the cave, you know hopping that we had overlooked something and we had! Michael figured out a couple of the symbols and they ran off to see if they had gotten it right. They didn't even tell me where they were going to look."

"So Michael did the same thing that he did to send that signal to Nasado?" Liz asked becoming excited.

"Just like that. Isn't this amazing. We have been waiting for this all our lives. Maria, are you okay? You've been awfully quiet." Isabel asked. Maria had been standing there getting paler by the minute.

"Uh, yeah. I was uh...just worried about Michael." Maria said quietly. She was beginning to wonder if Liz was right after all. If they had the opportunity to leave Michael was not going to think twice about staying here with her and their baby. Like Isabel had just said they had been waiting for this all their lives. Michael the most of all.

"They'll be fine. You can see for yourself in a few hours. Max said they would come here if they got back before closing time, but if not they want us all to meet them at Michael's apartment. I have to go call Alex. And Kyle and Tess." Isabel said squeezing Maria's hand. She was starting to think that there was something bothering Maria, she sure was acting strange." I guess she is just worried about Michael leaving, I would be too is I was in her position." Isabel thought as she went over to the phone.

Maria and Liz sunk into a nearby empty booth both lost in their own thoughts.

"Hey girls, there are customers waiting. This isn't self serve ya know." Jose said turning around to the grill muttering to himself about young girls and their need to gossip.

Hours later they were all sitting around Michael's apartment waiting for him and Max to return. They had been there for about and hour or so when they came bursting through the door both grinning from ear to ear. When they saw that everyone was there they both shouted " We found it, We found it!" Everyone jumped up and started hugging and talking at once.

"How?"

"Does it still work?"

"What does this mean?"

"Where is it?"

"When can we go see it?"

"Hold on. Wait a sec. One at a time." Max said laughing at everyone's excitement. "Isabel probably told you but Michael figured out a few of the symbols in the cave and they led us to the ship. We aren't sure if the ship is still in working order. We figured it would be better to wait and have everyone there when we tried it. I'm not sure what this means. I guess in the long run that is up to us. It's hidden in the desert, ironically only a few miles from the pod chamber. We can take you all there in the morning if everyone is up for it." Max answered everyone's questions all in one breath.

"Of course we want to go in the morning." They all said simultaneously. They all hung around talking for a couple of hours and then they all began to drift off towards home.

"Maria, would you stay for a while?" Michael asked quietly as she got up to leave right behind Max and Liz.

"Um yeah but I can't stay too late we all are going to have a hard day tomorrow." Maria said nervously not quite sure if she could be alone with him without losing it.

"Okay, I just want to talk to you. So what do you think about all that's happened today?"

"I'm not sure it's a lot to take in at once. You have been waiting for this all your life. You must be real excited about leaving?" Maria said quietly not sure she wanted to hear his reply.

"I know what you mean this is a lot to deal with but we have all been waiting a long time for this. I'm not sure if any of us really wants to leave now. I mean these are the only lives we have ever known and they may not be perfect but they are what we make of them." Michael said taking a deep breath. "Maria, I need to ask you something. You see I have been having these strange dreams and I'm not sure what to make of them. Could you help me figure them out?"

"What kind of dream is it?" Maria asked quietly thinking of the dream that had been waking her up all week.

Michael described to Maria the very same dream that she had been having. "How did you do that, Michael, that is my dream. How can you describe it so clearly?"

"I've been having this dream for a few days now Maria. What do you mean it's your dream?" Michael asked clearly disoriented by this situation. "What can this mean?" he thought.

"I have been having this dream for a week now and it is really creeping me out. More so now that I know you are having the same exact dream I am. What is going on?" Maria said becoming scared again, "Maybe it's because I'm pregnant...who knows what happens during an alien pregnancy. I have to tell him....now." Maria thought anxiously.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.