FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Higher"
Part 5
by Alexis
Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, although, boy what I would give to have Brendan... anyway, they belong to Jason Katims and whoever else owns Roswell.
Summary: Maria is kidnapped and Michael is sent to rescue her, but in the process, things go horribly wrong.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Max, Liz, Alex, and Isabelle sat in the Evans' living room. No one was talking, they were all too worried to voice their thoughts. So, they just sat there. Max was glad neither of his parents were home. They would be committing the four teenagers if they saw them like that -- Liz and Max huddled together at one end of the couch, and Alex and Isabelle holding each others' hands, not sure what else to do.

A sudden ring from the phone made them all jump. Max stood up out of Liz's embrace to answer it. "Hello?...No, Mrs. DeLuca, no word yet....We're looking for her...Don't worry...Thank you, Mrs. DeLuca." Max set the phone down, and he walked back over to the others. "It's okay, you guys. Michael will find her..." Max looked over to Isabelle and he had a sudden thought. "Izzy, I just had an idea. Tonight, try to get into Maria's dreams, then maybe...."

Isabelle cut Max off with a wave of her hand. "Max, I'll do it. I'll do whatever it takes to get Michael and Maria back safe to us."

Max nodded to his sister,"Good", before walking back over to Liz and gathering her in his arms.

**********

Maria watched Michael with increasing worry. Sweat was beading on his forehead and his face was deathly pale. She had been sitting next to him on the floor since Topolsky and her goons threw both of them into this blank, white cell. She looked around at her surroundings. There was nothing in the room that could help Michael. Nothing that could ease his pain.

After Michael had saved her from Topolsky in the warehouse, Maria had thought she was safe. They just had to make it back to Roswell, and everything would be okay. But instead, Topolsky had followed them. But Michael wouldn't allow himself or Maria to be caught, so he tried to fight, but one of her masked henchmen had stabbed Michael.

Now, Michael was lying here on the cold floor, bleeding to death. All she could think of to do was to rip her scrub shirt into pieces and try to clean up his wound. She had no idea if his "alien abilities" could help him heal himself, but she could hope. As the minutes became hours, his wound stopped bleeding, he seemed calmer, and color had started to return to his cheeks.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Michael opened his eyes. "Hey," he rasped to her.

"Hey, yourself," Maria smiled at him. She helped him sit up slowly, "You know, you really scared me there for a minute."

"Yeah, well..." Michael hissed as Maria brought him all the way to a full sitting position.

"Well, well, well," a familiar voice brought them out of their reverie. They both turned around. "It's nice to see that you're feeling better, Mr. Guerin. Hate to have you die on us," Topolsky spat out sarcastically. She had appeared out of hidden door that closed right behind her, leaving the room doorless and windowless again.

"Oh, yeah, I'm sure you'd just be crushed," Michael spat right back. "She'd probably throw a party," Maria said under her breath. Michael laughed quietly at that. "Shhh, you'll hurt yourself," Maria chastised.

"Oh, no, Mrs. DeLuca, he doesn't need to hurt himself. We are gladly going to do that for him."

Part 4 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.