FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Dying Alone"
Part 7
by Caroline
Disclaimer: Someone else, who I probably won't meet owns them...
Summary: Ok, it's a Maria/pregnant fic...without the sex scenes, only there are some interesting plot twists.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks: To Lesley for giving me the great info and idea's for this fic! She deserves just as much credit as me!!
"No I won't do it again
I don't want to pretend
If it can't be like before
I've got to let it end
I don't want what what I want
I haven't changed a bit
But maybe someday
Maybe someday"

-The Cure, Maybe Someday

Michael never thought waiting could be as painful as it was now, I mean what could be taking them so long. All he wanted to do was make sure Maria was ok, but instead he waiting.

After fidgeting for a long while in his chair he finally saw a doctor emerge from Maria's room and walk towards him. He couldn't quite read the expression that was on his face. "Mr. Guerin?" He asked.

Almost pushing the chair back, Michael stood up and nodded his head. "Yeah, yeah that's me." He said anxiously. "Quit the small talk and just tell me how she is doing?" He didn't want the doctor to talk about mindless things that he probably wouldn't understand anyways, he just wanted to know how Maria was doing.

"Whoa, calm down son, Maria is doing just fine. She's still sleeping in fact, but the procedure went over very nicely. We expect that she will wake up within a few minutes." He knew Michael was about to say something so he cut him off. "Yes, you can go see her now." Michael smiled at the doctor and rushed off to the room where Maria was so fragilely walked in awhile before.

When he entered the door he saw Maria lying there so peacefully. He walked over, pulled up a chair, and grabbed her hand. He wondered how she was going to deal with this now that it has been said and done. He was so deep in thought he didn't even feel her awakening.

"Michael." She mumbled softly under her breath. It wasn't until then that Michael's eyes shot up and came in contact with hers, which were just beginning to open. "Michael." She said again.

He moved his hands a bit to prove to her that he was there. "Yeah, I'm here Maria."

"Is it gone?" She asked, her eyes fully opening now.

Slowly Michael shook his head, "Yeah, Maria, it's over with. Everything went fine though, the doctor said things went great. So your going to be ok Maria." He needed her to know that little bit of info before he asked.

Right there in the clinic bed Maria began to start crying. Michael at first didn't know what to do, he'd never really seen her like this before. She was always do strong on the outside, he knew she wasn't as strong on the inside, but still, he wasn't expecting this. So he did the thing that came natural to him, he hugged her.

Later that day Michael drove her back to his place, where she knew she would feel the most comfortable. "What about your mother?" He asked as they both entered his apartment.

"Out of town, she'll be back on Sunday." Michael felt relieved that they wouldn't have to deal with Mrs. Deluca's questions and observations. "Michael, I think we need to talk." She stated as she sat down on his couch.

"Yeah, ok." He said as he sat down next to her. He noticed she looked a little nervous.

She squirmed a bit in her seat, and fiddled with her fingers. "Michael, I think we need some time apart. Just some time for a reflection, to think about what's happened. I need some time to let what has happened sink in. Because right now, I still feel as if it's some big dream I just had."

This completely caught Michael off guard. He did not expect her to just break up with him, and after all they had been through. He thought it just made them stronger as a couple, not push them farther apart. "Wait, let me get this straight, after all we just went through and what happened, you want us to break up? Maria, I don't understand." He noticed she was starting to cry.

"There's nothing to understand Michael, I need some alone time for myself, and I don't think it's a bad idea for you to have some also. You know I love you, but I can't do this right now. I can't pretend to be the normal teenage girl with her normal boyfriend, who just had a friggin' abortion, Michael it's not how I'm built. I feel so ashamed of what I just did back there today Michael, that I have to learn how to love myself again before I can be with you now and enjoy what we're going through. Don't take this the wrong way, but right now, your just a reminder of what happened to us. I'm sorry." Maria felt so horrible for what she was saying, she couldn't believe she actually was saying that to him. She knew she was hurting him terribly right now.

Michael just sat there, astounded by the words coming out of her mouth. "I can't believe your saying this." He pushed the tears that he knew were starting to surface back down in his eyes, the last thing he needed was to cry right now.

"I'm just going to let myself out, I am sorry Michael." She said one last time before exiting his home.

He waited till he knew she was out of his building before he got up and walked around. "Dammit!" He said as he slammed his fist down on his counter. 'How could she do this to me? I was the one who was there for her the entire time, I was there for her.' He still couldn't believe she had just left him like that.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.