FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Dying Alone"
Part 8
by Caroline
Disclaimer: Someone else, who I probably won't meet owns them...
Summary: Ok, it's a Maria/pregnant fic...without the sex scenes, only there are some interesting plot twists.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks: To Lesley for giving me the great info and idea's for this fic! She deserves just as much credit as me!!
"I'm not the sort of person
in and quickly out of love
but to you I gave my affection
right from the start
I have a lover
who loves me
how could I break such a heart
and still you gave my attention
why do you come here
when you know of the troubles"
-Joan Armatrading, Weakness in me

Michael sat at his couch still, he hadn't moved from his position in hours...maybe even longer. He hadn't moved since Maria had moved out of his life. How ironic, he had always thought that he would be the one to leave Maria, and here they were, he was wanting her back, and she didn't.

At her window, Maria sat with her knees pulled up to her chin. She hadn't heard her mother calling her from downstairs, she must have just gotten home, but Maria hadn't noticed.

Amy must have spent minutes on end knocking and knocking on her daughter's door. She had locked it, which she never did, so something big must be up. She could hear muffled sobs occasionally coming from her room. 'Probably that Michael boy.' She thought to herself. Amy shook her head and left to call Liz, to have her check on Maria.

She picked up the phone and dialed the Parker number. Thankfully Liz answered. "Liz, hi, it's Amy. Do me a favor and come over, Maria is going through something and I think you should her her through it, it seems pretty bad." Liz quickly agreed. Amy left then left the house so the girls could talk in private. She had been 16 once too and knew how hard it was at thatage.

Liz quickly left her house, thinking that Michael had did something to upset her. When she got to Maria's house she was relieved to see that Amy had left, now they wouldn't have to whisper.

"Maria, Maria it's Liz, open the door." She said while she knocked on the door. And with a simple 'click' she knew the door had been unlocked. She walked in to see Maria fall on her bed, she knew this was bad. "Ok, what happened?" She just wanted to put the question right out there.

"Liz, I think I made a mistake." The first thing that came to Liz's mind was the baby.

She walked over and sat next to Maria on the bed. "You mean the baby?"

"No, Liz I started loving that baby the second I knew about it, but I know it would have been wrong for me, and for it to have been born. I wouldn't have been ready and it would only have ended up hurting it. What I'm talking about is...Michael." Maria had to pause and push more tears back in her face when she said his name. The image of his face when she told him she wanted some space just kept creeping back up in her memory.

Liz sighed and nodded her head. "I knew it, what did he do to you?" She knew only one person could hurt Maria, she was usually strong and bold, but only Michael could make her weep like a baby.

Shaking her head 'no' Maria said "Michael didn't do anything this time, it's me. I broke it off this time, I...I don't know why either. I mean for the first few times in his life, he was there for me 100% and he was ready to take care of me and everything, and I pushed him away."

Liz was shocked "Maria, you must have had a reason for pushing him away, I mean what did you say to him, why did you do it in the first place?" Liz was so confused, she was ready for 'Michael pushed me away again' talk, but it seemed the tables had turned.

"Oh, I don't even remember. Something about him being a constant reminder to the baby we lost, and me needing space. Liz you should have seen the look on his face. He looked as if I had ripped his heart out, but the part I don't get it, I don't even know why I did it. He was being so nice, and caring, and concerned, and I threw it in the trash!" Now the tears started up again.

Liz felt so bad for her, she was in such a confused state right now, that she didn't know what she was doing. "Do you think you made the right decision?" She asked as she handed Maria a tissue.

Maria happily grabbed it and whined "No" while blowing her nose.

Michael had been walking around his apartment in a trance. Hoping that any minute Maria would come knocking on his door to see him. No such luck yet though. When he finally heard the door knocking he leaped to his, hurdled over a few objects and swung open the door, only to have his hopes crashed by seeing Max standing in the doorway. "Sorry to disappoint you." He said, half jokingly when he saw the look of disappointment on Michael's face. "What's wrong?" He asked knowing Michael was not usually this, melancholy. Sure he usually brooded a little, but he was a mixture of sad and depressed.

"Everything, anything." Was Michael's only answer.

Max knew right away what it must be. "Maria, right?"

"Well move over Einstein." Michael said it in a harsher tone than he meant it. "Sorry, I'm just--" He didn't know what was wrong with him actually.

He shrugged, "It's ok, now what's wrong?"

Michael dropped his eyes and sat on the couch. "Maria just ended it, our whole relationship, she just said she needed space and she wanted to be alone and she left, and now I don't know what to do." He ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

Max laughed a little bit. He couldn't help it, it was just so ironic it was funny. First Michael pushes Maria away for space and to be a loner, and now Maria does it to him.

Michael gave Max a glare "And the part of that story that is funny is...?" Michael didn't think this was any laughing matter.

Max tried to contain himself. "I'm sorry Michael, but think about it for a moment. First you push Maria away because you wanted to be the loner with no strings attached, and now the tables have been turned and Maria is pushing you away because she wants her space and to be alone, it's just funny--" He looked at Michael's serious expression "--to me anyways." Max knew Michael didn't find any of this funny.

Michael did however know how Maria must have felt when he pushed her away all those times, and he kicked himself mentally for even doing that to her, because now he knew how much frustration and pain it can cause. "I don't know what to do, I don't know whether to go talk to her, or see her, or leave her alone, I don't know, I'm confused."

"What do you feel you should do, that would be the right thing?" Good ole' Max, always thinking rationally. Michael thanked it for once.

He thought for a moment, "I want to see her and clear some things up. But I don't know what her reaction would be. But I guess any reaction, besides yelling at me and kicking me out, is a good reaction. Thanks Max." He said before getting up and going out the door to see Maria.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Michael - Maria
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.