FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Balance Regained"
Part 3
by Christina
Disclaimer: The characters aren’t mine. No infringement intended. Melinda Metz, you rock!
Summary: Post Blind Date.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Post Blind Date episode. I also used lyrics form Natalie Imbruglia’s song One More Addiction.
From hand to hand
You bought and sold
Blood is the shield against the weather
Became a stone for fear of being melted
Troubled from the day we came together

Flames of love immerse you
Cradle and coerce you
Shadows overrun the place you play
Made a love we mind along the way
Seem shallowed by the way we came together
My heart carries on
But my head knows better
Troubled by the way we came together

As you breathe
As you breathe into life
You will lead
You will lead
As you stray
As you stray far from home
I will believe
I will believe

Cause you are here today and gone tomorrow
Basking in the fields of never never
You wanted today, but I wanted forever
Troubled by the way we came together

Michael stood outside Maria’s apartment wishing he could say the right thing to make her forgive him. She was the first person to break through his stone wall. Maria got to him on so many levels.

Maria, on the other hand, was keeping herself busy doing as many things as possible around the house to keep from thinking of Michael. She hefted an overflowing garbage bag outside to the curb where Michael was standing. She dropped the bag spilling trash everywhere.

“What are you doing here?” she asked stooping down to pick up the spilled garbage.

“I wanted to talk.” he replied.

She sighed. “What about?”

“Us,” he said decisively.

“What us?” she snapped, “There is no us.”

“I’m sorry” he said softly.

“It’s not that easy Michael Guerin.” Maria said, “You can’t just apologize and expect everything to be okay. A relationship doesn’t work like that, and like it or not we were in a relationship.”

“I like it,” Michael said quietly.

“What?”

“I like being in a relationship with you,” he said, “And not just because of. . . well, you know, but you’re a good person and you call me on my bullshit, and I like to be around you.”

Maria was too shocked to speak for a moment. Had he really said all that? She rose to her feet and faced Michael. “Thank you,” she said wrapping her arms around him, “Thank you so much.”

Michael returned the hug and kissed Maria’s forehead.

______________________________________________________________________________

“Why are you two so happy?” Alex asked the next day at lunch.

“Us, happy?” Maria said innocently.

“You’re oozing with sunshine. What’s up?” Alex demanded.

“Nothing,” both Liz and Maria said.

“Sure,” Alex said.

Liz and Maria looked at each other trying to figure out what the other was talking about.

“I can see that I need to make myself scarce.” Alex decided.

“That’s probably a good idea” Maria said,

“The estrogen level is about to rise.” Alex made his way over to his band members.

“So spill,” Maria said.

“Max and I are back together,” Liz said happily.

“That’s so great!”

“So what about you?” Liz asked.

“Michael and I are together.” Maria said.

“Wow.”

“I know. He spilled his guts to me. He told me I was a good person and that he liked being around me. It was so sweet. You should have seen it.”

“That’s really great. I’m happy for you, Maria,” Liz said.

“Thank you.” Maria said.

______________________________________________________________________________

The bell for sixth period rang and Maria headed down the crowded halls toward her next class. Michael’s arm hooked around her waist and pulled her into the eraser room.

“Hey,” he said nuzzling her neck.

She giggled. “Hey yourself,” she said back and she turned around to face him. She planted a kiss on him and hugged him.

“We can’t do this now,” Maria said.

“Why not?” Michael asked narrowing his eyes.

“I have a test,” Maria said pulling away,

“I’ll meet you after school at the café. Okay?”

“Yeah.” Michael said letting her go.

“Bye,” Maria said.

______________________________________________________________________________

“The teacher’s out today,” Max told Liz.

“You’re not suggesting another ride in the jeep, are you?”

“I’m not suggesting we leave school at all.” Max said.

“Well let’s go then,” Liz said taking Max’s hand.

Once inside the eraser room, they proceeded to kiss.

“Max,” Liz breathed, “What are you doing?”

She giggled as Max searched around Liz’s abdomen for that special spot.

“Oh God,” she sighed when he finally found it.

Liz kissed Max’s neck in hope of finding his spot. She gripped the desk as Max increased pressure on her abdomen.

“Don’t stop,” Liz sighed, “Max, please.”

______________________________________________________________________________

After Maria finished her test. She took a pass to the bathroom. As she walked down the hallway, she passed the eraser room where she heard Liz practically moaning Max’s name. An administrator was heading toward the eraser room. Thinking quickly, Maria backed herself against the door and started a coughing fit. The administrator passed her by without so much as a glance.

______________________________________________________________________________

“I think,” Liz said breathlessly, “ I think someone’s outside.”

“Maybe we should stop.” Max said.

They slowly pulled away from each other. Liz buttoned her top two buttons on her shirt and brushed out her hair. Max ran his fingers through his hair and straightened his clothes. Liz opened the door and poked her head outside. No one was coming so she grabbed Max by the hand and pulled him out into the hallway.

“Freeze!”

Liz whipped around.

“Maria!” she exclaimed.

Maria busted into a fit of giggles.

“I thought you had a test.” Liz said.

“I finished it and then wasted my bathroom pass keeping an administrator from charging into the eraser room,” Maria said dryly, “I have to get back to class.”

“Thanks Maria.” Liz said.

______________________________________________________________________________

“What did you really think of me when you first saw me?”

“I thought you had the weirdest hair I’d ever seen and you’d eventually grow into your teeth.” Maria replied, “What about you?”

“I thought you were an air head.” Michael said.

“An air head?” Maria repeated.

“You were spinning around in circles claiming you could fly to the moon and back.” Michael informed her.

“You’re serious?” she asked.

“Totally.”

“Okay. What do you think about me now?” Maria challenged.

“Beautiful, funny, and slightly ditzy, but perfect.” he answered.

______________________________________________________________________________

“What do you think those two are talking about?” Liz asked Max as they looked inside the café where Michael and Maria were sitting together.

“I don’t know, but they appear to be getting along,” Max replied.

“They look good together,” Liz commented.

“They balance each other,” Max added.

“Kind of like you and me,” Liz said.

“Yeah. Like you and me.” Max said.

THE END

Part 2 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.