FanFic - Michael/Maria
"A Way Out"
Part 9
by Araanaz
Disclaimer: Me no own...
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
"What do you mean: she's having a connection? That's impossible! She's human!" Robert yelled, almost hysterically. He didn't like this at all. "Humans can have connections with our people, but it must come from one of us." "Are you saying there's a traitor among us who's trying to reach her?" Robert grabbed the monitoring guy by the collar. "Tell me who! Who is it?" "I don't know sire, but his energy is getting stronger on her. He's coming." ******* "I can't find anything. Lets go. Maybe Max and Michael had more luck than us." Isabel said. "Wait!" Liz exclaimed. "You found something?" Isabel almost ran to where the human girl stood, a file in her hands. "Oh my god! Alex..." Liz gasped, looking with horror at the pictures of her best friend. "Come on. Lets get out of here." Isabel grabbed Liz's arm and dragged her out. "Is she okay?" The woman at the registration office asked, giving them a weird look. "She's fine. We're late." Isabel answered coldly. ******* Max looked at his watch. The others were probably already back. He sighed. He took a last glanced around him before making his way back to Isabel's room. He truly hoped his friends would have found something useful. ******* "Sire, we caught someone here without authorization." A guard came in and said to Robert. "Let me see.. Maybe we have found our man!" he answered, getting ready to meet the traitor and give him a punishment he would not forget soon.

The guard led him to the security room. Robert followed him quickly, already making his speech up in his mind. He entered the room and looked at the boy sitting on a chair, between two guards. "Michael! What are you doing here?" Robert exclaimed. "I... huh... wanted to talk to you about something." He tried to sound sincere. "Look, I don't have time for this now. Something is going on here. There's a traitor among us and we need to catch him. You really should go back to your room. We'll talk later, okay son?" Robert said, patting Michael on the shoulder and leading him out of the room. "Huh... Okay, if you want so." Michael replied before running away. Robert sighed and got back to Maria's room. "Anything new about that son of a bitch?" He asked. "He's gone sire." The monitoring guy answered, not quite believing it. "What?" "The connection stopped while you were gone."

"Michael!" ******* Michael ran, the faster he could. He wanted to go away from this all. He almost got caught. He was so scared. So he ran away... But suddenly, he was hit by a strong power and fell to the ground. He looked around him but nothing was there to be seen. The moaning started again in his head, louder than ever. "Please, don't go away!" She pleaded him. "You don't know what they're doing to me. Please, don't leave me here." "Tell me." ******* Isabel was tapping furiously her fingers on her desk, but nobody else in the room noticed. They were all too deep in thoughts. She glanced at her brother. He was sitting on the bed, right next to Liz, and his eyes were glued to the door. Liz, on the other hand, was looking at the ground, reviewing the pictures of Alex again and again in her mind. "Max! What if he had been caught?" Isabel stood up, not bearing the silence anymore. Right then, the door opened behind her and a familiar figure appeared in the doorway. "Michael!" Isabel cried out, throwing her arms around him. "Oh my god! I thought they had you!" "What happened Michael?" Max asked, noticing the look on his friend's face. Isabel backed off and looked at him. He really looked like hell had just swallowed him. His hair were even more messy than normal, his eyes were unfocused and his breathing was heavy. Isabel led him to her bed and made him sat there. "Come here," he said in a shaky voice, looking straight at Liz. The petite girl slowly closed the distance between them. Michael grabbed her by the arms and pulled her a few inches away from his face. "Listen to me, you need to go away from here, far away." "Michael, what is going on?" Max asked, trying to pull away the scared girl, but Michael wouldn't let go. "If you stay here, if you let them get you, you'll be in hell, I promise. What they're doing there is no joke, it is pure torture." "Did you see her?" Liz asked quietly. "No, but I know everything. I know because she told me." He let go Liz's arms and turned to look at his friends. "I don't know how, but I'm linked to her, we have a connection. She told me everything. God! They're hurting her! Your father is hurting her!" Michael took his head in his hands. He seemed devastated. "Oh my god! Max!" Isabel cried out. "What are we gonna do? He's our father... but we cannot let this happen." "I don't know about you, but I'm going to get her." Michael got up, suddenly strong. "Are you with me, or against me? It doesn't matter, I just want to know who is my friend and who is not." TBC...

Part 8 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.