FanFic - Michael/Maria
"A Way Out"
Part 7
by Araanaz
Disclaimer: Me no own...
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
"Okay, here's the plan." Max said in a determined tone. "Isabel, you and Liz go to the archives and try to get Maria's file. It's the only way to know what is happening to her. Michael and I will try to infiltrate the restricted zone."

"But Max, I can't bring Liz with me! They will sense her and we could get caught!" Isabel said with worry.

"You'll have to teach her how to keep her energies inside of her. I think she can do it. Liz, are you willing to learn?" He asked softly, not wanting to make her do something she didn't want to.

"I'm willing to do anything if that can help Maria," she answered firmly.

"Okay, lets do it then." Max got up.

"Maxwell, wait!" Michael called. "I'm not sure about this. It is risky. Do you realize what would happen if we get caught? You and Isabel will only get a big lecture from your dad, but I don't know about me and they'll probably kill Liz."

There was a long silence. Sure, everybody knew about this, but to hear it was hard and painful. They all stood there, anxious, for a couple of minutes.

"I'm still willing to do it." Liz said quietly.

"I think you should." Isabel agreed slowly.

"Yeah, we need to know." Max said, turning to Michael.

"Okay, if everybody knows what kind of hell they're getting themselves into, let's just do it." Michael said, running his hand through his hair.

*******

Maria screamed in pain when she felt an electric shock passed through her whole body.

"Shhhtt! Don't scream so loud! You're hurting my ears!" Robert said with a smile. "What's her degree of receptivity?" He asked to the alien who was monitoring her.

"She's in the sixth level, sire." The alien answered calmly, like he was telling the score of a badminton game.

"Oh, interesting. I wouldn't have thought a so little creature was so strong. Increase the intensity." He ordered.

*******

"You've gotta remain calm, whatever happens. We'll pass by a lot of people and they'll sense it if something's wrong. You keep your head cold, clear as many thoughts as possible and look straight ahead of you." Isabel explained to Liz.

The girls had gotten a white blouse for Liz and Isabel did her hair so they looked perfectly neat. Liz looked at her in the mirror and gasped. She looked like... an alien. But that was kind of the purpose. Isabel gave her a little reassuring smile. There was something about that human girl that made her want to put her guards down.

"Look at me... Perfect!" She said, admiring the job she did on the petite girl. "Are you ready?"

"I guess I have to." Liz answered nervously.

*******

"I hope you're not doing this only for her." Michael mumbled as the waited for two guards to pass.

"I want to know the truth, don't you?" Max murmured back.

Michael was getting irritated. He could still hear the voice in his head and now she was screaming. What was going on? He hadn't told the others about this, afraid they'd tell him what he didn't want to hear. He didn't want to believe he had a connection with this girl. It couldn't be real. After all, she was human, so that was impossible. No, it was certainly his imagination.

"Something's wrong Michael?" Max asked with concern.

"No, everything's fine. They're gone, let's go."

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.