FanFic - Max/Liz
"When Dreams Become Reality"
Part 5
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ROSWELL OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. I ONLY USE THIS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
It's been weeks, and things are just so strange. Michael's visions of Maria have calmed down. Seems that was just one of those alien things. Courtney is dead. We learned about some skins, one really bad one called Nickolas. And then there was the Max of the future... and that's how my life changed. I made Max believe that I slept with Kyle. I did it to save him, to save his country or his planet or whatever. But regardless, as much as I tell myself that, I can't stop thinking of how stupid I was. I need him. I love him. He's my everything. Then there was the revelation of me having powers! Who would have thought? Since Max saved me, I've changed, but I didn't know that was how. Who would have expected that Tess' look alike, Ava, would be the one to tell me. So many things have changed. I'm really scared. Max still wants to be friends. But, I don't think I can be just friends with the person I love most in the world. I just wish things would go back to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Maria. How about a galaxy sub, hold the mayo and extra pepper jack."

"Brody! Hey! So, how are you feeling? After all of this and all."

"Well, when you put it in your perspective, it's not that bad. I mean, maybe I am special." Maria's smile lit up the room.

"Yes sir you are. So, how about I take a break and we sit to some galaxy subs." Brody looked intensely at Maria and smiled.

"Sounds great." They just stood looking at each other for a second and laughed. At that time, Michael was walking into the Crashdown. He sat and looked around for Maria. He spotted her with Brody at the counter. A strange feeling ran through him. A feeling he wasn't used to. Max walked in and sat with him.

"Hey, what are you looking at?"

"What does she see in him? He's a major geek. Come on honestly, he must be loaded because for her to go for that? That's pretty pathetic." Max had a small smile.

"A little jealous?"

"What?! No way. Whatever Max. I'll be back I'm going to order something." He walked over to the counter to speak to Maria who was still conversing with Brody.

"The service is kinda slow today, so I decided to come and actually order my food up front." Maria looked at Michael and for an instance remembered how much she loved him. But it quickly faded as Brody's voice came in through her thoughts.

"Actually, she's planning on taking a break right now, so you can ask another one of the waitresses."

"Well, I wanted to ask her, you got a problem with that?"

"Michael! I'm on a break. Ask Liz."

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?"

"That I'm on a break Michael. I can't right now. What else would it mean?"

"Can I speak to you please?"

"No, not right now." Maria grabbed the subs she had ordered in the back and grabbed Brody's hand. "Come on."

Michael slammed on the counter and cursed himself. This is my fault. How was I so stupid! She can't possibly like this guy. Liz's voice broke into Michael's thoughts.

"Michael. Are you OK?"

"What! No. Just whatever, I was hungry but I'm not ordering anything."

"OK, well, it's nice to see you again."

"Yeah, whatever." Michael walked away in deep thought. He walked right past Max without saying good bye. Max knew something was definitely bothering him. Liz walked over to the booth.

"Hi."

"Hey. Ummm... can I have an alien blast?"

"Sure."

"Liz, we're supposed to be friends now remember? Why are you acting so weird?"

"Weird? No, I'm not acting weird. I mean at least I don't mean to. So if I am I'm sorry."

"Liz, are you OK? Is this about the whole new powers thing? Are you OK?"

Just then Kyle walked into the Crashdown. He looked over at Liz and smiled. He looked over at Max and just held his glare. Max looked down at the table and tried to control his tears. His voice quivered audibly.

"Liz, can we talk?" Her eyes also watered as she lowered her head and walked to the back room. When they were together, he simply stood quiet for a second and looked at her. He simply couldn't understand what had happened between them since last summer. Liz stood looking at him and almost reading his thoughts, stood trying to be strong, but could only think of everything that had happened. Just then, without warning, Max grabbed her and kissed her. He kissed her so intensely, and she finally began to cry, not only tears, but her mind went through all of the events of the past.

³ Liz was walking into her room. There was a bright flash and Max showed up. But it wasn't the same Max. It was a man with long hair and a goatee. Max heard his words and felt Liz's agony. He replayed the scene of the Romeo and Juliet speech she had given him, and he felt her throat choke up just as his had. He then saw Kyle in bed with her. And his heart broke once again. But he saw Liz in the balcony later crying. He felt her pain every time he walked by. Then she saw him and Tess. How he felt. ³

Liz's tears were flowing freely and her eyes were wide with disbelief.

"You like her? You like her, don't you? I mean, she's your wife. And now your planet can be saved and everything will go perfect."

"Liz, Liz I thought that you and Kyle. I mean, why did you lie to me? What was that? I need to know."

"We can't talk about this! We can't talk! Just good bye Max."

"LIZ! You walked away from me once, I'll be damned if I let you do it again."

"I couldn't explain it even if I wanted to." She walked out of the room without another word.

That night, as Max slept he had a dream. He was with Tess, and they were married and happy. But something was missing. He felt lonely, empty, like he could cry at any instance. Then, he felt Liz, and replayed the scene of the Crashdown that September afternoon. He loved her all over again. Then he dreamt of Liz's vision when they kissed. He kept thinking about her words. " The Granolith can be powerful if it fell into the wrong hands." Then Tess was gone, and he was with Liz once more. The first time they said they loved each other, after what happened in the white room. But she was like one of them. She had powers and traveled back to help save the planet. That's when he woke up. Everyday he had a dream with Liz, and each one was a little more detailed. Almost as if it were real. Almost as if in an instance they could come true.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.