FanFic - Max/Liz
"When Dreams Become Reality"
Part 3
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ROSWELL OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. I ONLY USE THIS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
"So you're saying that we were in some green bubble type thing?"

"Yes Isabel."

"I thought it was black and white?" Max sat staring off in the distance at Liz, who had taken the day off and sat calculating figures for her father. "Max? Hello? I thought it was black and white."

"Huh? Oh, no it was like the only color there. The bright green. Really strange."

"So you had this dream?" Again, Max ignored his sister. "Why don't you just go over there and get it over with?" He looked at Isabel as if the idea hadn't crossed his mind, but was the brilliant answer to some difficult question.

"I'll be back." He got up and walked over to the counter. Great, like a puppy in heat. "He really needs to get himself together."

"Talking to yourself Isabel?" She looked up at Alex and his silly smile.

"Yeah, I do that occasionally." She motioned for him to sit down across from her, knowing that Max wouldn't be paying much attention anyway.

"So how have things been? We haven't talked for a while. I mean, you're not out breaking into government buildings without me are you?" Alex looked her in the eyes. He wanted to hold her hand, to tell her he'd be there for her. But he knew that wasn't what she wanted.

"I'm doing OK. Regardless of everything. How about you?"

"Bored out of my mind. I mean, there's not much to do without planting secret government cameras, and running from the law, and messing with the FBI, and kissing the most beautiful foreigner around." He watched her face slightly blush and her eyes grow slightly sad.

"Alex... it's been strictly forbidden that we see each other in public, much less speak that way."

"By who? I know that Max didn't make that rule. Max is after Liz like he's attached to her. So don't come with that!"

"Alex, I'm not Max! OK? I have other priorities and a boyfriend is NOT one of them!"

"So it's going back to this huh? You know, I try Isabel, it's not like I don't try. But I don't know how else to tell you that I really want to be with you. That I'm willing to accept everything that comes along with this."

"No Alex. No. I'm not going to put you in danger simply because I want a boyfriend. I can't do that." She looked out the window and saw the familiar archeologist. Her eyes began to shine.

"Look Alex, I gotta go. We'll talk some other time." With that she got up and walked outside. He let out his sigh and got up. Maria watched him walk out. She lowered her eyes in recognition of his pain. God help us, we're not going to make it if things keep up this way. She looked at Liz and saw that Max had gone to speak to her.

"So... how's everything?"

"OK, thanks. How are things with you and Tess?" She saw the small hint of pain in his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Liz, let's say, none of this had happened. No Tess, no saving my planet. None of it. Would you be with me?" He looked her straight in the eyes. He wasn't quite sure how to bring up the subject he really wanted to discuss, but this was also a matter of importance to him.

"I can't pretend it didn't happen Max. It did. And a lot of things were done and said that shouldn't have been. But it's something I'm learning to deal with. You should too." She held his gaze for an instant and then she looked back down on her paper. But as she calculated the math in her head, she could feel Max still staring. She had no choice but to look back up at him.

"What?"

"Do you think being with me puts you in danger?"

"What?! Max, why are you asking me these things?"

"Do you? Do you think I'm some horrible alien monster the people fear, who might end up being the death and pain of your friends and yourself?"

"Max that's ridiculous." She got up and began to walk to the back room. Max walked closely behind. Once in back he turned her around to face him.

"You're telling me you've never thought about that?" He cupped her face in his hands. Suddenly, they felt a rush of energy simultaneously.

³FLASH³

³ Liz sat crying on her bed. She sat, hugging her knees to her chest, her head tucked on her legs. Max shows up and enters her room through the roof balcony. He goes to hug her and asks her what's wrong. She looks up and cries even harder. Then, in a huge bolt, they were running in the desert. A group of strange looking creatures were running after them. Liz begins to drift away as their hands separate. They yell out each other's names, but to no avail. Then the black and white room scene replays. ³

Suddenly, a song began to play on the radio of the Crashdown. They could hear it in the back room as the flash broke up.

"Oh my God Liz." He pulled her in for a tight hug.

Don't speak,
I know just what you're saying,
so please stop explaining,
don't tell me 'cause it hurts.

"It won't stop. Max, I'm scared. I think she has something to do with the skins. She must, I'm getting this strange vibe from her. You have got to stay away. Really this time! It's getting risky."

"Liz, I don't care. I love..."

Don't speak
I know just what you're thinking
And I don't need no reasons
I know you good, I know you good, I know you real good

"Shh! Don't say it. It's through Max. It's been over for a while. Please. I'm just telling you so you can all be safe. That's all I had to say." Liz grabbed her belongings and walked out through the back door.

You and me
We used to be together
Everyday together
Always

Max lowered his head in disappointment. He'd have to get her alone to tell her what it is he really wanted to say. To convince her, it couldn't be much harder to be together then it was at first to be apart.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.