FanFic - Max/Liz
"When Dreams Become Reality"
Part 14
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ROSWELL OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. I ONLY USE THIS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
ROSWELL:

Maria sat back in the booth at the Crashdown and breathed in deep. Liz locked the front doors.

"Man, I've had a long week, if you know what I mean. Mom is like drooling all over me. Sheriff shouldn't have told her I was missing and that he found me, she's practically chained herself to me!"

"I know what you mean. You want my parents to take you home?"

"No, I'll be ok."

"No Maria, I'm not having you walk home alone."

Suddenly, the door chime sounded as it opened to Michael standing in front.

"Sorry. I was never good at knocking." Maria smiled and grabbed her things.

"Liz, I think I found my ride." Michael smiled and waved good bye. He and Maria got into a small silver car.

"Who's is this?!"

"Isabel's. She's letting me borrow it for a time. Just until things cool down."

"Oh. So what are you doing here? I mean, what made you come down to the Crashdown?"

"Well, I don't want what happened to happen again. I mean, I can't afford to miss more school by going to NY." Michael looked over at Maria, who was making a disappointed look. "I'm joking! Geez, I was kidding. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you again. What's so wrong about that?"

"Nothing, I mean I'm just shocked that you went through all that trouble to get me. How did you even know where I was?"

"I just knew. I kept having these dreams where you came and told me that you loved me. I thought you were going to die, so I made sure we did all we could. I mean, I'm not about to be alone." Maria looked at Michael surprised at his honesty.

"Well, in case I don't get the chance to tell you, thank you. I guess you're not bad for a badly groomed, poorly mannered alien." She smiled and began getting out of the car.

"Maria!"

"What?"

"I don't want you to be seen with me anymore. It's nothing personal, I just... I know you'll get hurt. I don't want that happening. I'm not going to let that happen to you."

"Thanks for caring Michael, but I don't listen to you anyway. It took me way too much time to get you back, and I'm not going to let one minor set back scare me off."

"Minor set back? Maria, you were kidnapped, beat, and mentally assaulted. That's minor?"

"Compared to the way you make me feel... sure."

"I try to be tough, try to stay hard. But you... oh God. I hate the way you make me feel."

"It's human buddy. Deal with it."

"Maria, I'm not going to let this happen."

"You can't stop me."

"Why are you being this way?"

"Because I love you too much." The statement made both of them look at each other. The same exact statement that had broken them apart, seemed like just the right sentence to get them together. They looked into each others eyes, Maria standing, but leaning into the car and Michael sitting in the driver's seat. Eventually they were kissing. Michael kissed hard and in his mind he saw a strong image. He felt a strange jolt as he saw Maria and him kissing just as they were doing now. Exactly how it had happened. He slightly smiled as he realized he had made his dream come true. Literally.

Part 13 | Index | Part 15
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.