FanFic - Max/Liz
"Watching the Door"
Part 9
by Brooke
Disclaimer: I don't own anything Roswell, so please don't sue!
Summary: Future Fic about Max and Liz
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Max got out of the car and ran around to the passenger side to open Liz's door. She stepped out and waited to take Max's hand as he shut the door behind her.

Taking her hand, he began to lead her down the alley, up the ladder that led to Liz's balcony.

"Max," she called softly, touching his shoulder gently.

He turned around and looked at her expectantly.

"We don't have to go up the ladder. My parents aren't home..." Liz looked down, embarassed by what they both knew she was implying.

"Okay..." Max whispered, his face turning several shades of red. They turned and Liz led him through the closed Crashdown, up the stairs to the apartment. The house was completely dark, but they didn't bother to turn on a light as they continued down the hall, to Liz's room.

Liz stopped in front of the door and released Max's hand. It was too dark to make out his facial features, but the outline of his body shown faintly in the light of the moon from the windows.

Max searched his mind for something to say. Something that would, in some small way, let her know how he felt at this very moment. But what he was feeling was beyond words. He could talk for hours, using every word he could think of, just to describe how he felt, in this one moment.

Liz took a small step towards him, closing the small distance seperating them. She reached out her hand to touch his face. A sudden thought occured to her.

"Max..." Liz whispered, running her finger up his jaw line and across his cheek.

"Yes?" Max struggled to keep his voice from shaking. Even her touch was making him insane.

Liz moved her hand behind his neck and leaned in to whisper in his ear. "Kiss me..." she whispered breathily.

Max involuntarily shuddered at Liz's forwardness. This would be the first kiss since....the night before Gomez.

Moving slowly, Max brought a hand to touch Liz's hair, and the other to touch her lips. He drew her face in and hesitated a moment before gently placing his lips on hers. Their lips barely touched for several moments until he pulled her in by the waiste with his free hand and deepened the kiss.

As soon as the kiss had deepened, the flashes had begun, and Liz had felt, like never before, Max's feelings of hurt and betrayal. He needer her now, more than ever. And Liz was more than willing to show him in whatever way needed that she was his. Liz wrapped her arms around his shoulders and back, pulling him as close as possible.

Max felt his chest constrict the moment Liz's feelings had flowed through him. She had been so strong. And not just strong when she had lied to him. She had held it together, day in and day out, only for him. And through it all, through all the feelings of despair and hopelessness, she had never once considered finding someone else. She had saved herself, in every way, for him.

Liz suddenly pulled back and released her hold on Max.

"What is it?" Max whispered loudly, breathing heavily. Liz smiled at his obvious eagerness. She turned around and slowly opened her bedroom door.

Liz blindly took hold of his hand and led him into the dimly lit room. Max shut the door softly behind him and waited for Liz to turn around.

When she did, tears filled his eyes.

The dim yellow light that bathed the room reflected over Liz and gave her face a soft glow, and her hair an irresistable invitation to be touched. Her eyes were wandering over his face, and the smile upon her lips was one of contentment and curiosity.

Max looked down, embarassed by his show of emotion.

"Max..." Liz tilted her head to draw his face up. Max looked up and smiled sheepishly. She grinned and pulled him close again, resting her chin contentedly on his shoulder.

"I'm yours..." Liz whispered almost too quiet for him to even hear.

"What?" Max stopped stroking her hair to make sure he had heard her right.

Liz pulled away just enough to look into his eyes. "I'm yours......only yours..." she said more loudly, laughing lightly.

A smile began in Max's eyes and spread to his lips until it lit up his entire face.

"You are?" he whispered softly, trying to fully comprehend the concept.

Liz smiled again and pulled him close.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.