FanFic - Max/Liz
"Watching the Door"
Part 8
by Brooke
Disclaimer: I don't own anything Roswell, so please don't sue!
Summary: Future Fic about Max and Liz
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
The drive back to Liz's house was endless. They had still not said a word since getting in the car. Max had opted to drive, which was fine with Liz, because she could barely think straight with everything that had happened.

"Max," Liz spoke softly.

Max glanced at Liz and for a moment, lost control of the car.

"Sorry..." he mumbled embarassed as he turned the wheel and moved the car back into his lane.

"That's okay..." Liz laughed softly. She waited a moment before returning to the question she had been waiting to ask him.

"What did you tell your parents?"

"The truth..." he answered quietly.

Liz looked at him sympathetically and reached out to touch his shoulder. Max had always been afraid of telling his parents the truth about him and Isabel for fear that they would be discusted and abandon them.

"How did they take it?" Liz ventured.

"Actually...they took it really well..." he smiled as he spoke and glanced quickly at her, being sure to watch the road and maintain control of the car.

"Max, that's great," Liz breathed out, relieved.

"Yeah..." he trailed off. "They were a little shocked at first. Well, they were really shocked. But they accepted us..." Max's smile brightened at each word.

Liz didn't know what else to do but smile. Still holding onto his shoulder, she trailed her fingers down his bare arm, barely touching his skin. Reaching his hand, she began tracing circles lightly with her forefinger on his palm.

"Liz..." Max breathed out nervously. She knew exactly what she was doing, and she wasn't about to stop.

"Hmm?" she replied, paying close attention the the goosebumps now covering his arm.

"Could we just...um...wait? Ya know, at least until I'm off the road..." he shifted uncomfortably in his seat while forcing his eyes to stare at the road.

Liz laughed softly in surrender and attempted to stop. Before she could sit all the way back in her seat, Max took hold of her hand and brought it up to his lips where he kissed it gently.

Liz felt tears forming in her eyes for the millionth time that day. "I've missed you so much..." she whispered as Max laced her fingers with his own and brought her hand down to rest on his knee.

Max again fought the urge to look at her. Was it just him or was the ride home getting longer by the minute?

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.