FanFic - Max/Liz
"Trading Places"
"Behind Broken Walls"
Part 3
by Rachel
Disclaimer: Sadly, I do not own them. But I do want to. So if anybody is an over generous millionaire, it'd be a great birthday present!
Summary: Like 5 seconds after Part 2. Max is still trying to make sense of what Isabelle told him. He's decided to ask Liz about it, but he's not sure she's the best one to ask.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is sorta an alternate universe, only not. Max is just about the only constant. Also I spelled Isabel as Isabelle on purpose. You'll find out later.
Max walked out into the alley the way Liz had gone. He wondered where she was going. She kinda seemed to be in a rush. When he turned the corner he saw something that made his blood run cold. Liz was leaning against the wall talking to Kyle. That in it's self generally wouldn't make him more than just a bit jealous. But they were really close and Kyle had his arm around her. And they both had their head leaned forward touching.

Their pose was just a little bit more than he could handle. Max wanted to run up to them and beat Kyle within an inch of his life. But something kept him standing there staring at them. He didn't know what, but he just stood there and listened to their conversation.

"Liz, I know that you said that Max has and always be the only one for you. But think on this, we were meant to be together. Meant for each other. Are you seeing the repeating theme here? Meant. You and me. Meant. For each other.

"Just a year ago you were ridiculously determined to get home. I don't see why you of all people would go against your destiny because of a normal human." Max didn't like what he was hearing from Kyle. It was becoming clear to him that everybody remembered this years events completely different from him. He wasn't ready to admit that yet, but it might clear some things up. Maybe everybody was brainwashed by my people's enemies, Max wondered. Max pushed that thought out of his head. He'd think about that later, right now he wanted to hear the rest of this.

"Kyle, no. I'm not going to let you guilt trip me into breaking up with Max. Yes we were married. 'Were' being the key phrase here. Were, were, were! As in not anymore!" Liz's voice was rising with every word. Max was sure she'd start shrieking soon.

"Kyle, we died! I died! Therefore whatever form of marriage we had died too. So I don't have an obligation to you anymore! You can't expect that I'll start getting dreams of us together, that weren't even from my mind, and all of the sudden drop my relationship with Max and come running to you!"

Max thought he saw un-shed tears building up in Liz's eyes. He wanted so badly to go comfort her. But that same force kept him rooted in his spot.

"Liz, I know everything seems really confusing right now. But could you just go back to being rational for one minute." Liz rolled her head to look at Kyle. Max stayed in his hiding spot in case she looked back. "Liz please think about something. If you help our people, what are you going to do about Max? I mean really. You'll just break his heart. And it'll hurt the more the longer you wait.

"I mean, were you thinking about taking Max with you? Yes, we're human. But we're more advanced than him or Isabelle or Michael or Tess. None of them have powers. We do. You, me, Maria, and Alex. Which means we can fight who ever it is that's taken our planet, but they can't. They'd just be something to worry about. You don't know how long we'll be there. When we leave, we might never come back. Do you really think Max will wait for you? I don't think he would."

Liz closed her eyes tight, refusing to look at Kyle. Max thought she might have been trying to hold back tears, but he wasn't sure. "Kyle?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you just go? I really don't want to talk to you right now. So just go, okay?"

"Yeah, okay Liz. Just do me a favor and think about what I said. I don't want you to get hurt anymore than you have to." Kyle turned around and left out toward the street. Liz rolled back and rested her head against the wall.

"Max, you want to come out now?"

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.