Fanfic - Max/Liz
"The End of the World"
Part 3
by Zoey T.
Disclaimer: I don’t own Roswell, it’s characters, yada, yada...
Summary: A new character enters the groups’ lives and things become very complicated very fast...
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Angel Thomas is a character of my own creation, based on two of my best friends, Ziah and Rachelle, and me, so no one’s allowed to use her without permission, unless it’s just a fanfic, otherwise LEAVE HER BE!!! Thanx! I hope you like this fic! Feedback, please. Post EOTW (about 3 wks. later).
Liz sat straight up in bed, sobs escaping her lips and tears rolling down her cheeks. That was the third time this week! She was tired of watching her self-inflicted death.

She knew it was some kind of premonition, but she refused to think about it. It was too big, too complicated, too close to home.

Shaking her head, Liz got out of bed and started toward her bathroom. As she passed her window, she noticed someone on her balcony. Doubling back, she found that it was a thin, curly-brown-haired girl.

The girl was asleep on the lounge chair where Liz usually wrote in her journal. Sleep made her look as serene and innocent as a five-year-old, but in body she looked about sixteen.

As Liz watched, the girl stirred. Her lashes fluttered, and, rolling toward the window where Liz stood, she opened a pair of blue-gray eyes.

Looking up, the girl looked up and seemed startled to see Liz, but she quickly recovered. Rising, the girl walked steadily to the window, her blue duffle bag in tow.

Liz, without thinking twice, pushed open the window. The two girls regarded each other curiously, looking each other over.

Liz noticed the other girl as taller than her, about 5’8”, and that she was wearing only a tattered pair of jeans and a navy blue sweater over a baby-blue baby tee.

Finally, Liz spoke. “Who... who are you?” she asked quietly, dropping her eyes for a moment before once again pinning them on the uncomfortable teen on the other side of the windowsill.

“The name’s Angel. Angel Thomas. I needed someplace to stay and I was pretty sure you wouldn’t notice if I crashed on your balcony for the night, but,” Angel shrugged, “I guess I was wrong.”

Liz stared at Angel for another moment, the spoke again, her words tumbling over each other. “How old are you? Where did you come from? Why aren’t you sleeping in your bed at your own home?” Liz blurted in a single breath.

Angel took her time answering. “I’m sixteen and a half, I’m from St. Louis, Missouri, and I don’t have a home to sleep in.” Angel sighed. “At least, not anymore.”

Liz immediately regretted her blurting when she saw the younger girl’s eyes cloud over with pain. “Hey! I have an idea,” she said, deciding she needed to give normal life a chance, no matter what was going on in her life at the moment. “How about if you stay here with me for a while and work in the Cafe until you have enough money to get your own place?” Liz suggested, a small smile coming to her lips. “It may take some major persuasion, but I’m sure my parents won’t mind too much.”

Angel’s eyes widened slightly, the clouds leaving her eyes. “You’d do that for me, even though you don’t even know me?” Liz nodded. “Alright. That sounds great!” Angel did a tuck jump, then blushed. “Sorry,” she apologized. “Looks like my cheerleader tendencies are coming back.”

“No problem,” Liz replied, once again looking Angel over. Usually she wouldn’t trust strangers of any kind, but Angel seemed different somehow. Liz felt like she’d known her forever....

Liz shook her head, trying to focus her mind on a way to get her parents to let Angel stay instead of on why she was doing this.

“C’mon,” Liz insisted, a grin breaking across her face. “We’ve got some negotiating to do.”

And with that, the girls left the room.

Part 2 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.