FanFic - Max/Liz
"Stolen Hearts"
Part 1
by Laura
Disclaimer: I, in no way, own the Roswell, it's characters, or anything do to with the WB. THey are the property of The WB and whoever else owns the show. THis is just for fun. No money is being made.
Summary: : After their break up, Liz and Max are friends once again, but they still care for each other. Someone new comes to town. Will he steal Liz's Heart?
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
It was a slow day at the Crashdown Cafe. Liz Parker and Maria Deluca were filling sugars and chatting. "So how are things with Max?" asked Maria.

"What things?" answered Liz. "Nothing has happened. He's keeping his distance, like he did before. It's really frustrating, Maria. I don't know what to do. I mean, I care so much for him, but lately, I just think that maybe he doesn't feel the same way about me."

"What are you talking about?" said Maria, surprised. "Max Evans is like, completely, head-over-heels in love with you. You can tell just by the way he looks at you."

"I know, Maria, but lately all he wants from me is friendship. I mean, I keep waiting for him to make a move, but he hasn't. Maybe he doesn't want to be with me. Maybe he just wants to be my friend."

"Liz, maybe he's just scared. That's what I think happened with Michael and me. They don't want to open up to us, Liz, because they're scared of what they might feel or that they would have to leave someday," said Maria.

"Maybe you're right. But I just can't keep waiting around, hoping that Max will overcome his fear, can I? I mean I'm a sixteen year old girl and all I do is work and school. I'm waiting around for an alien to deal with alien-human issues, while the best years in my life are passing me by. I should get out and meet new people, dont' you think?" said Liz.

Just at that moment, the bell on the door rang and someone entered the cafe. He was 5'10" blonde hair and sea-blue eyes. He went to a table and sat down and looked at a menu.

"Well there's someone new and someone very cute, Liz. Just what you wanted," said Maria, eyeing the stranger.

"Maria..... that's not what I meant," said Liz.

"Yea, but it's what you need. Go take his order. If you don't want him, I'll take him. You're not the only one who has an alien ex to get over."

"NO. I'll do it." Liz smoothed her ponytail and walked over to the cute stranger's table. "Welcome to the Crashdown. Can I take your order?" said Liz with a big smile on her face.

"Hi there..." said the stranger, looking at Liz's nametage. "...Liz. How are you today?"

"I'm fine and you?"

"Well I'm famished. How about a...." he looks at his menu. "AVenus special with a Milky Way Milkshake." He smiles up at her.

"Great choice. Coming right up." Liz smiles back at the stranger and goes to put in the order. When his order is ready, Liz brings him his food. "There you go."

"Well thank you, Liz. Would you like to join me?"

"Ummm, well I really should get back to work..." stammered Liz.

The stranger eyes the empty restaurant. "Well I wouldn't want to take you away from all your customers." He smiles again at Liz.

Liz laughs, and says, "Okay, only for a few minute though. My customers might get angry." She sits down across from the stranger.

"So do you have a last name, Liz or are you like Cher and all those people with no last name?" the guy asks, munching on his food.

"It's Parker, Liz Parker." Liz responds. "What about you? Do you have a name?"

"Why of course I do. I'm no Prince. My name is Josh Lambert." He stretches his hand over the table. "Nice to meet you Liz Parker."

She shakes his hand. "Nice to meet you Josh Lambert." She laughs.

"So do you go to school, Liz Parker?"

"Ah... yea. I'm a sophomore at West Roswell High. Do you go to school, Josh Lambert?" "Why yes I do. Or more accurately I will, on Monday. I just moved out here to live with my mom. She and my father are divorced. He lives in New York, where I'm from."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that," says Liz.

"It's okay. They've been divorced since I was six. I've been living with my dad ever since. But he's married a young tramp who I can't stand, so that's why I'm out here," Josh says.

They both look at each other and laugh nervously. "Wow. I can't believe I just told you all of that. I'm usually not this forward," Josh says, glancing down at the table.

"You mean you don't always tell strangers your life story?" Lizsays.

"No. Maybe it's just the person who I'm telling it to. So tell me about this exciting town of Roswell, New Mexico. A lot of aliens live here?" asks Josh, jokingly.

Liz almost chokes on a french fry. "Umm... nope. Just us humans." She laughs nervously.

"What do you do for fun around here?" Asks Josh

"Umm. go to parties, hang out at the movies. Those kind of things."

"Well maybe you could show me around sometime. You know show me what Roswell has to offer a city boy like me. I bet a pretty girl like you knows all the great hang out spots. What do you say?" Josh eyes Liz.

"Ummm. sure." Liz turns beet red. "I .. um ... should get back to work." Liz stands up. "Oh right... all those customers waiting for you. Well I haveto get going to. I'll see you at school, Liz Parker."

Josh goes to the counter to pay for his lunch.

"Thanks a lot. And remember, we got a date. I'll talk to you at school. Bye, Liz Parker." He smiles at her.

"I'll remember. Bye, Josh Lambert." She smiles at him as he leaves.

Maria comes rushing out from the back where she has been watching the whole time. "So what's he like?"

"He's great. I Think we have a date," says Liz, still smiling. "Wow, you work fast, Liz. He's sooooooo cute. When is your date?" says Maria.

"I don't know. He said he'll see me at school."

"He must be a Junior or a Senior or something. I've never seen him before."

"He's new in town. Probably doesn't know anyone. He wants me to show him around."

"Well I'll guess you'll just have to help him out. I mean, it's the only thing to do, as a good citizen and all," Maria laughs.

"Oh yes, it's the charitable thing to do," Liz laughs. She smiles to herself as she wipes the counter.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.