FanFic - Max/Liz
"Returning to Normal"
Part 5
by GirlInterrupted
Disclaimer: I, in no way, am associated with the actors, writers, producers, etc. of Roswell. The rights to the show belong to: 20th Century Fox, Jason Katims, the WB, etc.
Summary: Takes place after ‘End of the World.’ *Contains Spoilers* A turning point in Max and Liz’s relationship.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Vote for a Colin Hanks board at FanForum.com
“How would you like to move to Ohio and live with me?”

Okay, I was not expecting that. I thought she was gonna ask another big question: Had I slept with the boy.

“Um, uh. Whoa, I wasn’t expecting that.” I admitted.

“What did you think I was going to ask?” She asked, surprised.

“N-n-nothing. I just, man. I don’t know what to say.” My heart was beating fast.

“You don’t have to answer now. Just think about it, and give me your answer as soon as you can. I don’t want to put any pressure on you.” She said quickly.

“I-I’ll definitely have to think about it. Thank you for giving me this opportunity, whoa. I’ll try to give you an answer as soon as I can.” I stuttered.

“Take as long as you need sweetie. I need to finish enlarging some prints, but as soon as you come to a decision call me. I love you Elizabeth.” Her voice was gentle. “I love you too Aunt Sandra. I’ll call you when I know. Bye.” I said, then hung up the phone.

Move to Ohio. Live with Aunt Sandra. Leave Roswell. My brain was already starting to hurt, trying to decide what to do. I’ve lived in Roswell all my life. This place is home to me. How could I leave everything, everyone behind? I had to be honest. The real question I was asking myself was, could I leave Max behind? Could I leave the love of my life behind?

“Liz honey, did Sandra talk to you about moving to Ohio with her?” My mom asked, as she walked into my room.

“Yeah. Um, I haven’t really made a decision yet.” I said, with my head down.

“Lizzie, daddy and I just want you to know that whatever you decide, we’re behind you 100%. If you ever need anything, don’t be afraid to ask. I love you.” She came over to me and hugged me.

I buried my face in her hair. I never realized how much I loved her till this moment. Her smell, she had this particular smell. It was like yellow roses. That’s her favorite flower. She always said that yellow roses had a distinct smell, that they were different from other roses. I always thought that maybe she was just making that up, but now I understood what she meant.

“Thank you mom. I love you so much. I know sometimes I do things that make it seem differently, but you mean so much to me.” I wrapped my arms around her tighter.

She pulled away after a moment and kissed my forehead. Then stood up, and walked toward the door. She stood there for a few seconds, her back facing me.

“Liz.” She said, turning around.

I looked up at her.

“Whatever it is that you’re looking for. I hope you find it.” She gave me a small smile, then walked out of the room.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.