FanFic - Max/Liz
"Returning to Normal"
Part 4
by GirlInterrupted
Disclaimer: I, in no way, am associated with the actors, writers, producers, etc. of Roswell. The rights to the show belong to: 20th Century Fox, Jason Katims, the WB, etc.
Summary: Takes place after ‘End of the World.’ *Contains Spoilers* A turning point in Max and Liz’s relationship.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Vote for a Colin Hanks board at FanForum.com
“Liz, phone!” Mrs. Parker yelled from the kitchen. “It’s your Aunt Sandra!”

I set down the book I was reading, and grabbed the phone next to my bed.

“Got it Mom!” I called back.

I pushed my hair out of my face, and put the phone up to my ear.

“Hi Aunt Sandra, how are you?” I said, with false cheer.

“I’m doing good Elizabeth. And you?” Her warm, soothing voice filled my soul.

“I’m great Aunt Sandra. What’s up? Where are you calling from?” I said, with genuine curiosity.

“I’m in Southern Ohio right now. Bruce sent me here to take some photographs of the area.” She replied, her voice holding it’s usual brightness.

“Cool. How long are you staying?”

Aunt Sandra’s job sent her all over the country, and she never stayed in the same place for more than a few weeks.

“Well, Bruce sent me here for 6 weeks. After that I get my 2 month vacation. It’s really nice here, so I’m thinking of just staying here for the whole 2 months. I also got an interesting call yesterday.” She teased.

“Really? Who called?”

“A local magazine editor. He said that their photographer retired, and they’re looking for a new one. He heard that I was in town, and was really impressed with my work,” Excitement flowed out of her. “This could be my chance to finally get settled in somewhere. I could hold down a steady job, steady income, and finally get my own house.”

“That’s so great Aunt Sandra. I can’t believe that, I’m so happy for you.” I bounced on the bed.

“Well, that’s not the only reason I called.” Her voice changed suddenly, it took a serious edge.

“Is something wrong?” I asked, my voice filled with concern.

“I heard that you haven’t been doing too well lately.” Now her voice was full of concern.

“Let me guess, mom called you?”

“Yeah. I know sometimes you don’t like her prying, but she’s really worried about you. And your dad too.” She said softly.

My eyes started watering. I thought that I’d cried all my tears last night with Maria, but I guess I was wrong. Aunt Sandra and I were close, I used to travel with her every summer before I started high school. Then I was “too cool” to do that. She came down every Christmas to visit. She always gave me the best presents.

“It’s nothing really. I’m fine.” I tried to sound convincing.

“No, that’s not going to work with me and you know it. You should have learned that the time you lost your new Raggedy Anne doll and didn’t want to let your parents know. I knew something was up then, and I know something’s up know.”

Of course I knew she wouldn’t fall for it. She always knew when I was hiding something. Kind of like Max always knew I was hiding something. No, stop thinking about him. It’s over.

“It’s just a lot of different stuff. School, my friends, just life in general.” It wouldn’t hurt anyone if I didn’t mention Max.

“So we’re talking about a boy here.” It wasn’t a question, it was a statement.

“I can’t keep anything from you. Yes, it’s about a boy.” I sighed.

I really didn’t want to talk about this, even with Aunt Sandra. That conversation with Maria had completely drained me emotionally and physically.

“I’m going to ask a question. And I want an honest answer. Don’t sugar coat it, or say something that’s the opposite of what you’re thinking of.” Her voice took the serious tone again.

“What is it Aunt Sandra?” I had a feeling I knew what the question was going to be, and I really didn’t want to answer it.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.