Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Night City"
Part 7
by Jill Finegold
Disclaimer: I wish I owned them. Then maybe we'd have some M/L good plots.
Summary: Max's 21st birthday. They're in their senior year of college, and that's all I'm sayin'.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Feedback is a must. Whatever you think; I'm all ears. Also, anything like *word* or **word** is an italic thingee. The latter is a memory.
EPILOGUE: TWO YEARS LATER

"Max, you are so annoying!" Liz screeched, writhing beneath Max's fingers as he proceeded to tickle her to death. He tickled all her sensitive areas, and alternately kissed her neck and bit it. The end result was to have Liz's screams go up a few notches. Sometimes she would go so high, the dogs that were being walked would hear her and respond. This was one of Max's favorite past-times.

"Ah, but I'm *your* annoyance, and don't you forget it!" Liz's face had started to turn red from laughing too hard. She reached her hands blindly out and smacked him repeatedly. Max grinned, hardly feeling the blows on his arm. She finally wriggled into a sitting position and dove into Max's arms. There she attacked his neck and collarbone with wet, hot, open kisses. Max immediately stopped tickling, and growled low in his throat, enjoying Liz's own version of torture. He then gathered her tightly to his chest and held her there, savoring the feel of her against him.

He caught a glint of light out of the corner of his eye, and saw Liz's engagement ring and wedding band refract the afternoon sunlight. He grinned like a maniac, remembering that day. Liz had looked gorgeous in a flowing ivory gown. Her hair was in soft waves. He had been smiling like a moron through the entire ceremony, and Michael had nudged him once or twice. Maria had looked fabulous in her emerald gown, but Max hardly noticed. He had concentrated only on Liz through the entire ceremony. She was his personal angel. No wait, make that his personal goddess.

Liz caught his little reflective moment, and knew almost immediately what he was thinking about. He always got that deliriously happy look when he was remembering their wedding day. She smiled, remembering herself how Max had looked in his crisp, classic tux. Michael wore one as well, being the best man and all, but Max just somehow added an extra, well…*zing* to it. She couldn't explain it, nor did she care to try. Her heart still did a triple axel just thinking about it. She sighed happily into his neck.

"I will never get tired of this," she whispered softly against him. Max smiled, stroking her back.

"Me neither. Just imagine, we have the rest of our lives to do this." The thought made him feel like jumping for joy, but he settled for caressing Liz a bit more. A thought flitted across his mind, making him laugh.

"What?" Liz asked, grinning. Max chuckled again before answering her.

"Gosh, just think about what Michael and Maria could do if they tied the knot. Then maybe the neighbors wouldn't have to hear Michael being thrown out back to his own apartment whenever they have a tiff. If only they'd get it over with."

Liz laughed as well. Michael had obviously not told Max what he had told her, making Liz feel oddly pleasured. Michael had revealed to her last night that he planned to pop the question on Friday, only two days from now, and also Maria's birthday. Liz smiled, and looked up at Max.

"If only," she smiled, and then kissed him. Max laid her back on the bed, worshipping her again. Life was definitely looking great.

THE END

Part 6 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.