FanFic - Max/Liz
"June in November"
Part 7
by Crazysmilee
Disclaimer: I do not own any of them!! *sniff* so sad…
Summary: A new girl (June) comes to town. She’s got some alien heritage and she’s not alone…
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first fic, so pleeeeease write back! This takes place before Meet the Dupes. Everything before that is true in my story. I made a royal mess of this story – it just got outta hand, and before I knew it, I had this… hope ya enjoy anyways!!
Maria runs up to Liz and starts shaking her. "Liz! Ohmigosh ohmigosh…Liz wake up! Guys! She’s burning up!" Isabel and Tess were checking up on June, and she also has a fever. "What do we do?!"

"Get some cool towels to put on their foreheads. Tess, call Max and tell him what’s going on." Isabel instantly takes charge. Maria frantically gets some towels and Tess goes to make the call.

"He’s coming. He’s bringing Michael." Tess returns from calling Max. "What do we do now?"

"I guess we just wait for him to come." Says Isabel. Maria is busily sniffing her oils.

A few minutes later, June and Liz both wake up. The room suddenly grows dark. "Oh my…" says June. Liz doesn’t say anything but scrambles to empty her stomach in the bathroom.

"You guys are up! Are you okay?" asks a worried Maria. Tess turns on the light.

"It was a dream. I had another dream."

"Oh my god…" Maria’s eyes get very large. Isabel and Tess share a knowing look.

"What happened? What did you see?"

"It was Michael and Tess….you guys were in Albuquerque."

"In Albuquerque? Doing what?"

"You were in the Albuquerque medical facility…trying to save someone. I saw Max too. You guys got caught…and Max was shot."

"No." Isabel is shocked. She hoped that it couldn’t be true.

"Did you see who we were trying to save?" asks Tess.

"No I didn’t." She pauses for a minute. "But I think it may have been Isabel." They sit in stunned silence for a little while longer. Max suddenly bursts in.

"Max!" cries Isabel in surprise.

"Isabel, are they alright?" Michael groggily enters behind a very eager Max, followed by Ray and Chris.

"Ya they’re okay now. Liz is in the bathroom. How’d you know to bring Ray and Chris?"

"I didn’t. I saw this purple light coming from their window." A serious look comes over his face. "Is Liz alright?"

"Yea I’m alright." Says Liz weakly. Nobody even noticed that she had returned. "Did you guys have a dream too?" She turns to Ray and Chris.

"Yeah." Says Chris. "Set in Albuquerque."

"Yea, me too."

"What?! You had the dream too? How is that possible? When did you start having these dreams Liz? Why didn’t you tell us?" Michael is suddenly very awake and very mad.

"I never had them before okay?! I never asked to know your stupid future!!" Liz storms back to the bathroom. Maria, suspecting more behind her little outburst follows Liz.

"You know, I think it’s good that she had this dream." Says Ray softly.

"What do you mean?" Counters Michael.

"If Laurel isn’t here to have the dreams, someone should."

"You know I love to hear you guys battle it out, but I think we need to discuss the dream." Cuts in Tess. "We need to stop it from happening. Did you guys tell Max and Michael about it?"

"Yea we did." Replies Ray.

"Okay, June thinks it’s Isabel."

"No no no no no no. It can’t be me. Why would anyone want to take me to Albuquerque?" Asks Isabel in denial.

"I think she’s right Isabel." Says Max after a moment of thought. "Why would they take Maria, or Alex, or Kyle? Ray and Chris will be in LA. June and..Liz don’t even use their powers."

"No, no, no! This is just some big mistake. You have got the wrong person."

"Don’t worry Isabel. We’ll make sure nothing happens to you. That way we’ll never have to go to Albuquerque. Deal?" says Tess, putting her arm around Isabel’s shoulders.

~* In the Bathroom *~

"Maria you have to help me"

"Liz, don’t worry about it. It’s just a dream. You’ll be okay."

"No I’m not going to be okay! I just saw Max get shot! He was bleeding!"

"Listen. We’ll all make sure that Max doesn’t get hurt okay?"

"Maria, you have to promise that you’ll keep Max away from Albuquerque!"

"Wha –? But wh—?"

"No buts Maria. You have to promise me. If I’m not there to stop him, you have to do it. I can’t stand to see him get hurt like that."

"Liz are you sure you’re alright? Maybe that fever caused some damage…" Maria feels Liz’s forehead.

Liz pushes Maria’s hand away. "No! I’m fine! Just promise me Maria."

"Fine."

~* Back in the Living Room *~

"Right, we’ll stay with you twenty four seven." Says Michael. "Now can we go back to sleep?" Liz and Maria return from the bathroom.

"Right Michael. You stay here. I’m dropping Ray and Chris back at June’s and then I’m coming back." Max, Ray and Chris leave.

"So what did we miss?"

"Nothing much. But for now, we’re sleeping over." Says Michael getting ready for bed. He grabs a pillow and heads for the couch. "We’re staying here with Iz."

"Great. And when did I say you could stay at my place, spaceboy? I don’t want you sleeping on my couch."

"Chill Maria." Michael responds coolly.

"Maria. Let it go okay? He’s just here for Isabel." Liz is trying to calm her down.

"Fine. But I find one thing broken and you are dead meat."

"Oh and Michael?"

"Yes Isabel?" Grumbles Michael.

"You’re coming with me to the mall tomorrow okay?"

"Why?"

"We’re going Christmas shopping."

"MMMmmrrrrggh."

"Glad you approve."

"Yes Christmas Nazi." He mumbles into the pillow

"What?"

"Good night."

~* Outside of Maria’s House *~

"There was this light. Blue and yellow." The same person is talking on the cell phone again.

"Did you see what it was?"

"No, I didn’t recognize it. It came from something on the floor."

The other man chuckles. "We have got you now. One more wrong move and we’ve got you."

~* Tuesday at the Crashdown *~

"Hey Maria. Your orders up!"

"Thanks Jose!" Maria and Liz are working after school. Liz goes to ring up something on the cashier. Maria passes June and Alex on their way in. Alex sneaks up behind Liz and grabs her from behind.

"Don’t move and nobody gets hurt ya hear me?!" Liz screams and then reaches up to send a jolt of electricity through Alex’s arm.

"AAAwww crap!"

"Alex?! Ohmygosh Alex! I’m so sorry! I didn’t know it was you!"

"Where did you learn to do that?!" Alex waves his arm around, hoping to ease he pain.

"Sorry. I had Isabel and Tess teach me some stuff. I’m getting better at it."

"I see. Next time you feel like phoning home, try not to use me would ya?" The bell dings again and Liz goes to deliver someone else’s food. Maria returns to see Alex in pain.

"Alex! What happened?"

"I snuck up on Liz and did the ‘no one move no one gets hurt’ gag. Stupid idea."

"Liz did that? No way!"

"You better believe it. She begged Tess and Iz to show her some new stuff yesterday." Says June.

"Really? She’s been uptight all week. I think that dream rea—" Maria is cut off by the sound of glass breaking. Liz is standing over a pile of plates. A guy is standing beside her with a guilty look on his face.

"Oh! Umm…I’m really sorry that. Uh..Let me get that. I’ll be right back." Stammers Liz before she takes off to the back room.

"I swear! I just wanted some more coffee!" Says the guy that was standing beside her. The three of them share a look.

~* Thursday at School *~

"God! Would you stop following me already!" Screams Isabel. She is walking down the hallway with Michael.

"What? Max’s orders." Replies Michael.

"It’s been a week and nothing’s happened!"

"So?"

"Fine! Then you’re coming with me to the mall again. And then we’re going to the nursing home."

"What? You’ve already been to the mall every other day this week! Couldn’t you have gone yesterday with Max?"

"I did. But I remembered a few things I need to get. Besides, I couldn’t get Max’s present if he was following me around now could I? So are you coming or am I going alone?"

"Fine, fine." Under his breath he mutters "Christmas Nazi."

"What was that?"

"I said Christmas shopping." Isabel smiles knowingly and turns away.

Part 6 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.