Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Heir to the Granolith"
Part 1
by Adian
Disclaimer: Creation of Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, and now on the UPN!!!!!
Summary: Only through End of the World in season two happened. Selected events from the rest of the season will happen at some point. Alex went to Sweden but never came back. He decided to finish his education in Europe. Max getting Tess pregnant did happen and she had the baby. Please don't throw anything at me yet!!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Hidden in the depths of the Sahara Desert Max is concealed in an underground bunker. His jail for the past 18 years. Khivar arrives ordering Max to be brought to the interrogation room. A gaunt looking man is brought forward. He looks upon his visitors with unconcealed hatred.

"Maxwell you have been very naughty. We have discovered you had a child by someone else before Tess."

Max's face betrays his shock and confusion. "I've never had sex with anyone but Tess. You've mind raped me enough to know the truth of that." Max smirking at Tess says, "The only woman I ever wanted to make love to has been dead for almost twenty years." He knows even after all these years the thought of Liz still makes Tess's blood boil.

"Well Max we seem to have a bit of a mystery here. Zannor should've been confirmed as Heir today by the Granolith for some reason he wasn't. The priests could only give two explanations. One Zannor is not your son but through DNA testing we know he is. Not to mention that boy looks exactly like you except for his mother's blue eyes. The second explanation is that Zannor is not your eldest son. So Maxwell it appears you have been keeping a secret from us."

“Have you ever thought the Granolith recognized the evil within and refused Zannor’s claim?”

“Max how can you say such a thing about your son?”

“Easily with parents like you he is a product of his environment-Evil.”

“Insulting your jailors isn’t a smart thing to do Maxwell.”

In a sarcastic tone Max replies, “The truth hurts doesn’t it? I have nothing left to lose. The only person you haven’t killed is Zannor and he is more your son than mine.”

“Accusing me of murder too? Tsk, tsk where are your manners?”

“The agreement was me and the Granolith in exchange for everyone else’s lives. Amazing how the entire group has met with such horrifying accidental deaths over the years.”

“Pity isn’t it? I need to take a look into that scintillating mind of yours. So are we going to do this the hard way or the easy way?”

Walking towards the chair Max tells Khivar to go for it. Khivar places his hand on Max’s forehead rummaging through his mind but no new information comes to light. Perplexed he moves away from Max and begins to pace. Impatient Tess demands to know what he found out. With a saccharine sweet smile he simply says, “nothing.”

Khivar walks out the door leaving Tess behind. She stares at Max vengefully. “I don’t know how you accomplished this but by the gods you are going to pay for it.” Tess turns and stalks out of the room.

Max is clueless but grateful his prayers had been heard. Khivar would not be able to access the Granolith through Zannor.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.