FanFic - Max/Liz
"Going Back"
Part 2
by Denise
Disclaimer: I am no part of Roswell just a fan. This contains spoilers that are posted in crashdown on the season finale if you don't want to be spoiled if this happens don't read. Music by Sarah Mclachlan.
Summary: Liz after telling Max to fulfill his destiny. She leaves for the summer and now she has been gone the whole summer and comes back.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
(Maria, Alex, and Liz go outside the crashdown *Flash of Max and Liz in front of the Crashdown.)

Liz:" OK. Fine. If you know so much, then tell me, Max...what's my destiny?"

MAX:" I only know the part I'm hoping for." (he takes her hand and they smile at each other *Flash ends)

Maria:" Earth to Liz?......" (She moves her hand in front of Liz's face to get her attention. Liz comes to.)" What were you thinking about?"

Liz: "Nothing.......am just happy to be back with you guys."

Alex: "Are you sure?"

Liz: "Yes of course am fine .....we better go were going to be late for the movie."

Maria: "Okay" (They all walk off.)

(The next night Liz waiting for Eddy to come pick her up she is writing in her Journal on her balcony.)

Liz: "Am Liz Parker and it's getting harder and harder not to think of Max. Now that am back everywhere I go reminds me of him. When I was at the movies last night with Maria and Alex I remember when Max and I pretended to go on a date using the movie theater to full Topolsky from not following us to the reservation to meet Eddy. Also in the movie theater there was a guy that look a lot like Max and when I thought it could be him I got so scared of what to say after our breakup and me not seeing him the whole summer but it wasn't him which I was so relieved. I know I will see him when school starts probably even before then Roswell is not that big of place. Maria and Alex were great last night but I think they could tell I have something on my mind the whole night. I have to learn to let go but even when I was away I thought of him every night. In my dreams I was haunted by his beautiful eyes and the way he smiled at me. I just couldn't shake it. I use to wonder everyday if Max was thinking of me like I thought about him. I can't help but wonder if he is as miserable as I am........"

(Max on his bed listening to the counting crows cd)

So what kind of apology
No apologies
This apology doesn't describe
The way it feels to feel for you
Waiting here for you
Wanting to tell you
How I find myself slowly disappearing, too
Just the way you do
I thought if I told you
You might want to help me to remain with you

(Counting Crows)

(He shuts of his radio and looks out of his window where there's a beautiful full moon tonight. *Flashback Liz taking a step back from Max.)

Liz: (Trying not to cry) "It's for the best for us Max. I mean you need to do what you got to do and so do I. You have to fulfill your destiny.........and..........am not part of that."

Max: "Liz......" (Max very upset. Liz is crying now.)

Liz: "Please ........ let me finish. (Liz looks at Max.) You remember when after you first kiss me you broke up with me saying we don't belong together....... maybe... (Liz doesn't want to believe what she is about to say) you were right."

Max: "Liz don't say that. I admit I did believe it then but mostly because I was so afraid of falling deeper in love with you then I was then. I never wanted to believe what I told you that night. Liz I love you destiny had me fall in love with you for a reason and no matter what even if Tess is my destiny I could never love her when my heart loves you and it has since the first moment I laid eyes on you in the third grade. " (Max goes to Liz and puts his hands on her face holding her face so gently as he always did. Liz kisses him then stops and looks at him.)

Liz: "I love you too Max. I never thought I could love anybody so much like I love you. But I need to step back from you don't see your the leader of your people you have a lot to think about like Nesado, Michael, Isabel, Tess, now the sheriff and Kyle knowing your secret. I think it is best right now for me to....... to.......step away from you. You need to figure out things Max and there will always be something that comes between us now that you know a lot more about yourself. Max if you are the leader it has been decided for you since before you were born to be with Tess."

Max: "I don't care. Remember what you told me you choose who you want to be with and I don't want to be with Tess. Maybe if I had never landed here it would be different but I did and I don't regret that because it led me to you. Do you realize what you mean to me. I don't believe me and Tess belong together yeah maybe Dreams but dreams are not what's in your heart and I know you don't believe it either about me and Tess."

Liz: "Max..... I have to step away from this it's for the best right now. I have to go.

Max: "Liz no...." (Liz crying and Max wanting to cry to. Liz looks at Max.)

Liz: "Good-bye Max" What ravages of spirit

conjured this temptuous rage
created you a monster
broken by the rules of love
and fate has lead you through it
you do what you have to do
and fate has led you through it
you do what you have to do ... (Sarah)

(With that she walks away and Max stares after her then falls to the ground with tears in his eyes. *Flash ends.)

(Isabel comes into Max's room and goes over to Max.)

Isabel: "Max....." (Max comes to and looks at Isabel.)

Max: "Yeah..." (Isabel goes back to the door and closes it and goes back over her brother.)

Isabel: "Max mom's worried about you and so am I it's not healthy listening and wearing out your Counting Crows cd. I know your upset about Liz but Max you have to move on that's the reason why I never get to attach your not thinking clearly. Liz moved on she was the one that decided to take a step back. It was her decision.

Max: "Yeah one I forced her too Isabel. I keep on replaying how much it was breaking her heart to take a step back from me in my head. She is 16 and she should have a normal relationship not one that breaks her heart, can never be, Romeo and Juliet story."

Isabel: "Come on Max, Liz knew what she was getting herself into when she went with you. She knew it wouldn't be normal."

Max: "I know but I think the Tess thing pushed her over the edge. I mean I know in my heart she took a step back because she thought it was the best thing for me. But she was wrong all I do is dream about her, her beautiful face, she smile, it haunts my dreams and that's the only time I have been happy the whole summer Isabel in my dreams because when I wake up am alone."

Isabel: "No your not you have Me and Michael too."

Max: "Michael hates me right now we haven't talk the whole summer."

Isabel: "That's why you have to go over there Michael has no one Max we need to be there for him like we always were we only have each other and am not playing referee between you too because I love you both. We need to stick together like we use to this whole summer I felt that all my family is slipping away from me. Please Max you could make this right talk to Michael please...." (Isabel close to tears he hugs her and looks at her.)

Max: "Okay I go over there now......." (He looks at Isabel and notices that she is dress nice.) "Where are you going by any chance?"

Isabel: "Oh... I have a date with this guy with a group of people to this full moon thing at the reservation."

Max: "Is, ... why do you keep on going on these dates that I know you don't enjoy because you miss Alex. You can deny it Is but am your brother I know better."

Isabel: "I had to move on Max and I do miss him but I was right along we can only depend on each other. So please Max go talk to Michael."...

Max: "Okay I will".............. (He walks out of his room)

(Liz and Eddy looking out at the moon a bunch of people are around them talking and laughing.)

Eddy: "Isn't it beautiful"

Liz: "Yeah it is"...

Eddy: "Are you sure your okay every since you went back you seem more lost then usual."

Liz: "Am sorry. I love this place and I care about you but every since I came back home I can't help but think about Max even more."

Eddy: "Have you seen him since you came back?"

Liz: "No but I know I will eventually. Which am dreading and happy at the same time about that. But no more thinking about Max am here with you and I am having a great time. I hardly think about Max when am with you it's the truth Eddy. But he is on my mind sometimes I can't change that Eddy I still love him but tonight I promise that I will try not to think of him."

Eddy: "You promise?"

Liz: "I promise."

Eddy: "Good." (He takes her hand and kisses it and still holds it afterward.) "Although I have to say one more thing on Max. He is one lucky guy to have you love him so much."

Liz: "I am pretty lucky too to have you care about me even though any other guy would have walk away from a girl that still in love with another guy you didn't thank you for being my friend." (She looks at him and hugs him. They hear some music. Eddy lets go and looks at Liz.)

Eddy: "I do care about you Liz a lot. Come on the dance is starting." (He takes her hand and leds her over there.)

(Max knocks on Michael's door. Michael opens it and then moves back into the room. Max comes in and closes the door. They look at each other.)

Michael: "What do you want Maxwell?"

Max: "I want to talk?"

Michael: "About what?"

Max: "Michael you know what about what happen before the summer with Tess and Nesado. Isabel is right we only have eachother so we have to work this out."

Michael: "Thanks to you we only have eachother. Nesado left then Tess who could have been my sister they both left because of you."

Max: "Michael I didn't force them to leave Nesado disappeared as usual again and Tess choose to leave."

Michael: "Yeah, Tess left because you hurt her. I know you did. Do you know she could be the only relative I could have finally gotten. But no you prevented Max the leader of our people."

Max: "Am sorry Michael about Nesado but you know he was bad and about Tess......"

Michael: "Max just tell me one thing. What really happen between you and Tess to make her leave?" (Max looks at Michael *Flashback Tess convincing Max that they belong together.)

Tess: "We belong together. It says so in our dreams of eachother, it says so in the book about us. We belong together Max no matter what you say. You have feelings for me I know you do. You kiss me and you had dreams about me."

Max: "I admit I did have those dreams and I did kiss you. I admit there were feelings there but I think they showed up because of Nesado for some reason now that he is not here I don't feel them. I didn't enjoy them Tess even though it look like I did in my dreams I was mostly disturbed by them not because I love it. It will never be there Tess because my Heart loves Liz."

Tess: "So where is Liz now obviously she believes you belong with me or she wouldn't have left."

Max: "She left because she thought it was best for me to help me figure out things. Besides how do I know your or Nesado aren't controlling me. I don't trust Nesado he tried to kidnapped Liz before. How do I know your not working together?"

Tess: "Max am not besides Nesado wasn't going to hurt Liz he told you that."

Max: "Yeah use her as bait that's better impersonating me. Even if your not working together it doesn't matter cause even if it is destiny I choose my own not from a book but from my heart and it can never be with you Tess. You don't even know me you just know from a book we belong together but you really don't know me nor love me and I will never love you Tess. Am sorry it's over. I made my choice and I choose to make my own destiny. Good-bye Tess........" (With That he walks away.)

Tess: (Mad and Upset.) "Max......." (*Flash ends.)

Max: "That's the story Michael."

Michael: (Looking at Max) "Now I know she did leave because of you."

Max: "Am sorry Michael. But I had to be honest with myself. Am sorry that Tess left and you missed out on a family but you have me and Isabel we love you like family too no matter. Think about that." (With that he walks out of Michael's apartment.)

(Isabel looks at the full moon with her date. She doesn't know why she is here she misses Alex and remembers when him and her look at the stars together. Isabel really wants to leave she looks around and sees Liz with a guy she doesn't know is Eddy. Isabel can't believe it Liz is laughing at what the guy is saying. The guy smiles at Liz and with hesitation he bends down and kisses Liz on the lips Liz is in shock at this and Isabel still can't believe it.)

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.