FanFic - Max/Liz
"Going Back"
Part 3
by Denise
Disclaimer: I am no part of Roswell just a fan. This contains spoilers that are posted in crashdown on the season finale if you don't want to be spoiled if this happens don't read. Music by Sarah Mclachlan.
Summary: Liz after telling Max to fulfill his destiny. She leaves for the summer and now she has been gone the whole summer and comes back.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
(Isabel immediately turns away and turns back to her date.)

Isabel: "Tony am sorry but am not feeling so well can you take me home?

Tony: "Sure. Isabel can I ask you something before I take you home?" (He looks at her but she seems to be paying not much attention. She just wants to go home.)

Isabel: "Sure" (She finally looks at him.)

Tony: "Isabel I couldn't help but notice that all night you haven't been interested in this date. I felt like I was talking to the wall and once you called me Alex."

Isabel:"Am sorry Tony about calling you another guys name."

Tony: "Is this the guy you want?"

Isabel: (Obviously lying) "No...........his my........friend who is sick and am worried about him. That's why I don't feel so well.

Tony: "Am sorry to hear about your friend Isabel. Sure I'll take you home."

Isabel: (In a Rush) "Great let's go." (She grabs him quickly just wanting to get out of there not just because of seeing Liz with another guy but because she was fooling herself thinking that she could go on a normal date and not think about Alex who she would never admit to anyone but she miss him. Isabel and her date said good-bye to a couple of people they knew then they left.)

(Isabel had miss Liz turning away from Eddy soon after Isabel had turned to her date asking him to take her home. Eddy look sad and embarrassed. Eddy looks at Liz who can't look him in the eyes.)

Eddy: "Am sorry Liz. I shouldn't have. I know your not over Max. But I couldn't help my feelings Liz because I have been wanting to do that for some time and I don't regret it but I am sorry that I made you uncomforable."

Liz: (Doesn't want to have this conversation.) "Eddy am not mad....... but it happen it was bound to happen and now that it has we can move on.... As friends."

Eddy: "Liz you know you can't avoid this. It's going to be there even if I go back being just your friend." (Liz changing the subject quickly)

Liz: "Look I see Riverdog. I better go talk to him before he disappears as usual. Are you coming?" (She takes one fast look at him after she has been avoiding his eyes every since he kissed her. Eddy signs and go after Liz who took off. They go to Riverdog.)

Liz: "Hello Riverdog."

Riverdog: "Hello Liz, Eddy What brings you over ? I was just about to leave."

Liz: "Then am glad we caught you. I was meaning to ask you. I found in my Grandmother's notes about a cave not that far from here that she found and wanted to explore but she die before she could. I found it and it looks like no one has been in it for years. I wanted to go in there but Eddy insisted I wait and ask you about it before I venture into something no one knows if it's safe."

Riverdog: "Will you show it to me?"

Liz: "Okay but I can't find it in the dark it has to be in daylight that's when I found it. Do you think I could have found something?"

Riverdog: "Maybe, When can you show it to me ?"

Liz: "What about afterschool on Friday I don't have to work."

Eddy: "Yeah, that's a good idea. I can pick you up. I mean..... If you want?"

Liz: (With hesitation) "Sure"

Riverdog: "Okay then I will see you. Farewell Liz, Eddy." (With that Riverdog leaves. Liz turns to Eddy. Eddy and Liz share an uncomfortable silence when Eddy decides to say something about the kiss again Liz says.)

Liz: "I forgot........ I need to work early tomorrow. I should go home and go to bed. Will you take me home Eddy?" (She really doesn't wait for his answer she just starts walking to the car. Eddy signs again.)

Eddy: "Sure"

Music: Do I ever cross your mind, anytime?
I miss you
Still have your picture in a frame
Hear your footsteps down the fall
I swear I hear your voice driving me insane. (Brian McKnight)

(Max goes into the Crashdown. He doesn't know why. He knows Liz isn't there but lately he felt her closer like near him. It was probably just his imagination. He goes over and sits in a booth. He remembers when he had visited Liz once here and she had said yes to an Alien Blast then corrected herself thinking he hadn't heard her but he had. *Flashback: That scene.)

Max: "I'll just have....an Alien Blast."

Liz: (Whispers) "Me too."

Max: "Excuse me?" (he smiles.)

Liz: "Nothing."

(*Flashback ends. Kyle comes in and goes over to Max when he sees Max sitting in a booth. Everysince Max had saved his life he was very grateful to him for not only saving his life but his father wasn't so crazy about aliens anymore. His father just needed to prove that his father wasn't crazy to himself now that he has his father has become a good protector of the aliens. Kyle reaches the table.)

Kyle: "Max?"

Max: "Hey Kyle."

Kyle: "Mind if I sit here?"

Max: "Go ahead." (Kyle sits down in front of Max.)

Kyle: "So what's up?"

Max: "Nothing."

Kyle: "Oh where's Liz? Since I have been gone the whole summer you guys still strong?"

Max: "Liz was gone the whole summer. I don't even know if she is back yet."

Kyle: "Oh. Aren't you guys dating?"

Max: "I don't want to talk about it."

Kyle: "Look Max am just wondering am not looking to get back to Liz. Why would I want to when she loves you. Besides if I haven't said it enough Thank you for saving my life."

Max: "No problem."

Kyle: "And you don't have to worry my dad is not a bad guy he won't turn you in he just wanted to know so he could believe his father. Now that he knows his father wasn't crazy he will rest about it. He is on your side Max he won't turn against you even though in the beginning it look like it."

Max: "Well that's good to know."

Kyle: "Max have you seen Tess? I have been wondering what happen to her and since she is a you know I thought you might know?"

Max: "She left that's all I know." (The Waitress comes over and they give her there orders. Once she was gone.)

Kyle: "I wonder why Tess left she seem to like it here. When we talk when I first met her."

Max: "It's a long story Kyle but she did."

Kyle: "And why would Liz leave the summer? Unless you and her.......that's why she left right something happen between you two."

Max: "Yeah she did but I don't want to talk about it."

Kyle: "Okay that's cool but I have to say am sure you guys will work it out what ever it is."

Max:"I hope so."

(Isabel sees Max's Jeep at the Crashdown. She turns to her date who was driving.)

Isabel: "Tony can you drop me off here I see my brother's car?"

Tony: "Sure. I hope your friend gets well." (He stops the car. Isabel kisses him on cheek.)

Isabel: "Goodnight Tony."

Tony: "You too Isabel. " (Isabel goes inside the Crashdown and to Max who is eating with Kyle.)

Isabel: "Max."

Max: (Turning to Isabel.) "What's wrong?" Isabel: "I need to talk to you privately."

Max: "About what Kyle knows are secret."

Isabel: "No it has nothing to do with that."

Kyle: "It's okay I'll go to the counter for a minute."

Isabel: "Thanks Kyle." (He leaves and she sits down where he was sitting.)

Max: "So what's wrong? If it's not about us then what? Did your date try something?"

Isabel: "No you know I would handle him if he did that. Do you remember that guy that was the only one that could find Riverdog when you needed him that you told me about?"

Max: "Yeah Eddy why?"

Isabel: "Max am so sorry."

Max: "Isabel just tell me."

Isabel: "Liz was there with him in the Reservation and they were kissing. Am so sorry Max." (Max felt like his heart was just rip out even more then it already was when Liz left him before summer. He lied and said without looking at Isabel.)

Max: "Good... am happy for her. I wanted her to have a normal relationship."

Isabel: "Max you don't need to pretend I know your hurt."

Max: "Look Isabel I got to go. Why don't you take the jeep home?" (He takes out some money and leaves it on the table and gives Isabel the keys to the Jeep.) "Am going to take a walk."

Isabel: "I can walk with you if you want."

Max: "No I'll be fine. I just need to clear my head. I'll see you at home." (With that he turns to Kyle who is at the counter.) "Hey Kyle" (Kyle Looks at him) "Am leaving I'll see you."

Kyle: "Yeah see ya." (With that Max walks out of the Crashdown. Kyle walks over to Isabel.) "Are you all right Isabel?"

Isabel: "Yeah thanks." (But she continues to look in the direction Max left with worry.)

(Eddy is driving Liz home. They haven't said a word for the last five minutes. It felt like an eternity to Liz. She just wanted to to get home and not think about Eddy's feelings for her which scared her.)

Eddy: "Liz, look...... I'll take back the kiss if that's what you want. I just can't bear you being nervous and uncomfortable around me."

Liz: "Am sorry Eddy. I just don't know what to say that's why I have been avoiding it. I mean now things are going to change between us and am not ready for that."

Eddy: "I know."

Liz: "And I don't know when or if I will. I need to think for a alittle while."

Eddy: "Okay."

Liz: (Sees there almost to the crashdown.) "Eddy stop the car." (He stops it.) "Am going to walk the rest of the way."

Eddy: "Please Liz don't run from me."

Liz: "Am not. I just think a good walk will clear my head. I'll see you Friday all right?"

Eddy: "I'll pick you up from school."

Liz: (Not really wanting him too what if Max sees him. But she doesn't want him to think she is avoiding him.) "Okay I'll see you then." (With that said she gets out the car and starts walking home. Eddy looks at her and decides to give her the time and turns around back to the reservation. Five minutes later it starts to rain. Liz looks up. It's pouring fast.)

Liz: "Great." (She starts walking really fast and an image gets in her head of Max and her dancing on there first date.)

I feel it...
It's coming...

Rain
Feel it on my finger tips, hear it on my window pane
Your love's coming down like
Rain
Wash away my sorrow, take away my pain
Your love's coming down like
Rain

(Max walking fast in the rain as well. He is thinking about when Liz and His first kiss.)

When your lips are burning mine
And you take the time to tell me how you feel
When you listen to my words
And I know you've heard, I know it's real
Rain is what this thunder brings
For the first time I can hear my heart sing
Call me a fool but I know I'm not
I'm gonna stand out here on the mountain top
Till I feel your

Rain
Feel it on my finger tips, hear it on my window pane
Your love's coming down like
Rain
Wash away my sorrow, take away my pain
Your love's coming down like
Rain

(Then Max starts thinking about her step back from him.)

When you looked into my eyes, and you said good-bye
Could you see my tears
When I turned the other way
Did you hear me say
I'd wait for all the dark clouds bursting in a perfect sky
You promised me when you said good-bye
That you'd return when the storm was done
And now I'll wait for the light, I'll wait for the sun
Till I feel your

Rain
Feel it on my finger tips, hear it on my window pane
Your love's coming down like
Rain
Wash away my sorrow, take away my pain
Your love's coming down like
Rain

(Liz thinking about Max's eyes and how his arms would feel around her in the rain.) Here comes the sun... here comes the sun
And I say... never go away

Waiting is the hardest thing
[ It's strange I feel like I've known you before
I tell myself that if I believe in you
And I want to understand you
In the dream of you
[ More and more ]
With all my heart and all my soul
[ When I'm with you ]
That by sheer force of will
[ I feel like a magical child ]
I will raise you from the ground
[ Everything's strange ]
And without a sound you'll appear
[ Everything's wild ]
And surrender to me
To love

(Max walking across the park and thinking of Liz's smile.)

Rain is what the thunder brings
For the first time I can hear my heart sing
Call me a fool but I know I'm not
I'm gonna stand out here on the mountain top
Till I feel your

Rain
I feel it...
It's coming...
Your love's coming down like
Rain...

(Max is now walking across the street at the same time someone else is too. He bumps into her.)

Max: "Hey sorry." (The girl he looks at but can't see really well.)

The girl: "It's all right am sorry too." (Max now knows who that girl is by her voice he could never mistake.)

Max: "Liz?"

Liz: "Max......."

I'll stand out on the mountain top
Until I hear you call
My name

Rain... (Madonna)

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max - Liz
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.