FanFic - Max/Liz
"You're One of God's Better People"
Part 3
by Sarah
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
You're One of God's Better People
And you don't know
That's why you're special
And I cry so I can talk like this
From my downbeat existence
And I know that you can make my wish
If my wish is pure
You're One of God's Better People

*****

Lately, Max has been feeling strange, almost as if he has no control over what is going on.

This night has been the worst so far. He was lying in a puddle of sweat, shivering.

Max, Liz, Maria, and Alex were in Biology. Max and Liz were deep in conversation, Alex and Maria were giggling and having a good time.

Tess walked in the room. "Is this Biology?" she asked sweetly looking at Max. She directed her attention to the teacher. The room went silent.

"You must be Tess!" he said, "Welcome, please sit down." he motioned her to the empty table. Just then Max made the flame that was heating the beaker of chemicals rose. "Mr. Evans, since you are so eager in this class why don't you move to be Tess's new lab partner."

Tess grinned at the teacher and smiled cruelly to Liz.

Max stood up and walked to Tess's table. Tess, still standing faced him. Max couldn't control what he was doing. H walked straight to Tess, and off of something controlling him, he grabbed Tess. He started to kiss her.

Max hated the way he was acting. He cringed.

She wrapped her legs around him when he picked her up and laid her down on the table.

Maria and Alex were shocked, but Liz couldn't believe her eyes, she was heartbroken.

Max woke up then still.l the same dream same effect when he woke up. That happened twice tonight so far.

He didn't want to go to sleep again in fear he would have the dream again.

*****

The next day at school, Max didn't seem himself. Avoiding Liz; the rest of the gang he didn't speak to also. And Tess was the last person he wanted to see today.

He skipped Bio hoping not to see Tess. But sure enough she found him.

"I know what you are trying to do."

"Oh, and what's that, Max?" Tess said with a smile.

"Don't play games with me, Tess. I don't like you, I'm with Liz."

"Well, she doesn't have to know." she said grinning.

"There is nothing for her to know because there is nothing going on."

"Am I the only person who can see it?"

"You are seeing wrong." Max said sternly.

"I know you dream about me, I dream about you too." she said smiling, she's almost got him.

"I love Liz, there can't be anything between us, I don't want you, I want Liz." Max said trailing off, almost as if he was dazed by Tess's eyes.

Tess walked up to Max. "You don't want this?"

Suddenly Max lost total control over his body, almost as if someone was directing him to do this.

Tess started kissing Max right in the hall way of school. Max was uncontrollably kissing her, just like in his dream.

He brought up all the power he had to free himself from whatever Tess had him under. He finally broke free.

"What are you? I didn't have any control."

"You can do it too Max."

"What?"

"I know what you are Max."

"You don't know anything about me."

At that, Max walked away angry. How did she know? How could she do that? What is she?

All kinds of questions were running through his mind, he didn't know what to do. Should he tell the others? Liz? How would Liz take it?

He couldn't take school today. But he wanted to see Liz, so he went to his next class.

He knew he had to talk to everyone, she could be the one they are looking for, or possibly she is another. he can't just sit around, Michael would probably kill him for not saying anything.

He needed to find out more - and fast.

Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.