Fanfic - Max/Liz
"For Then, For Now, Forever"
Part 14
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of it's characters, however I love borrowing them whenever I come up with some insane ideas to write about! OH, and any songs are copyright of the respective owner.
Summary: While rummaging through one of Grandma Claudia's old boxes Liz finds a beautiful necklace. She finds herself being haunted with memories that are not her own. Could this necklace be the key to Max's past? Or is it the key to his future? Takes place mainly in the happenings of this season, but goes back and forth between events.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I'd love feedback. Positive or otherwise... and let me know what I can do to improve or if you just liked it! Thanks!
"Are you ready?" Liz looked into the mirror and saw the beautiful gown that shaped her so well.

"I don't think I should be wearing this. Not after the attention I've been getting from Kivar."

"That's the plan Liz. Get him to notice you and hopefully we can distract him enough to take Lareth with us."

"But if I have to kiss him one more time..."

"Liz, Max understands. If he knew it was because of your efforts to save his son, he'd understand."

"So what have you found out from the research you've done?" Serena had been working day in and day out for almost three days trying to put together the pieces of the puzzle. The strange meeting between Lareth and Liz, Liz's constantly glowing necklace, how late Larek was at returning.

"Liz. There's something I have to tell you..."

"Yea?" Liz turned around with her big brown eyes and beautiful red gown.

"Nothing. You... look beautiful." Serena smiled unsure and prayed that Larek would come tonight as arranged. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT THE CASTLE:

Liz looked around at all of the properly dressed men and women and she had to pinch herself to make sure it was real.

"Liz, you have had one weird life." She smiled at all the guests as she walked in and she made her way to the punch bowl. She stood watching, fixing her elbow gloves and laughed at her reflection in the bowl.

"Maria was right. I am so not a red head." Liz lowered her head sadly and felt a pair of strong arms around her waist. She felt her heart skip a beat. Could it be?

"You look beautiful." She turned to face the frighteningly seductive green eyes.

"Kivar!" He swept Liz up and kissed her, first softly then firmly. She tried to keep all thoughts of Max out of her head in order to maintain her sanity. She felt a pair of eyes watching her. She looked around and as Kivar pulled away she quickly closed her eyes. She opened them again and he smiled flirtatiously. She held her stomach in fear that she'd be sick. She felt nauseous and wanted to just run from there. He dismissed himself and snuck up over to the front where he officially began to party. Liz looked up at Ava who was staring down at her with a look of envy that Liz thought would kill her. But she felt another pair of eyes on her, and she couldn't figure out who it was.

She stood trying to regain her composure. It was just the beginning of the night and she was already feeling ill. Kivar made her nauseous, Ava made her nervous, and the atmosphere made her extremely dizzy. But there was something else. She looked up at a pair of innocent brown eyes that stared at her from the platform. He stared deeply into her eyes as if trying to relay a message and she felt it. She looked down and saw her necklace begin to glow. She looked around hoping no one could see it. She held it tightly and closed her eyes. What? What is it you're trying to say Lareth? Just as quick as she closed her eyes she opened them and felt herself be swept into a dance. A firm hand held her waist, another held her hand. The feeling was familiar. Natural.

"Hi gorgeous. Let's go outside." Liz looked at the handsome stranger. There was something about him she couldn't quite pinpoint but she knew his voice.

"Liz... it's me." He whispered into her ear and she almost went weak at the knees.

"Max?!"

"Shhh. Come on." They danced out into the garden. The three moons were shining bright and Max held Liz's hand firmly through the crowd. All through Ava's eyes followed them outside. Once they were in complete solitude Max grabbed Liz and kissed her with all the want and need he'd ever held.

"What were you thinking?" He kissed her again, touching her face and her hair never wanting to let her go.

"Are you crazy?!" Liz kissed him back just as strongly and full of passion. This was how it should feel to be kissed.

"I'm sorry."

"God, I thought I'd lost you." He held her in his arms and softly kissed her hair.

"I missed you so much." Max looked inside and saw Ava's peering eyes looking for them somewhere behind the bushes.

"Let's go before they catch us." Max dragged Liz away and she stumbled behind him glad that he was finally there with her. They made it to Serena's house and as soon as the door closed Max kissed Liz again except he didn't care who saw.

"Don't you ever do that to me again!" He held her face as he kissed her and she smiled as she felt his shoulders loosen up.

"I'm glad you're here. There's something I need to talk to you about." Liz pulled away as she spoke between breaths and finally Max calmed down. She sat him on the couch and Serena walked in from the chemistry lab.

"What are you doing here? Liz? Max, I thought I told you to leave her alone?" Serena looked like a mother scolding her young child.

"Did you really think I could stay away?" Max stated with a sheepish grin that made Liz want to smother him with kisses.

"I should've known." Serena smiled and Larek called her into the back room. "I'll be back."

"Ok. So what is it you want to tell me." Max took Liz's hand and held it as she spoke.

"I saw him." She looked into Max's eyes trying to read his statement.

"You saw who?"

"Your son." Max felt himself get dizzy. They were here. They were so close and still there was a possibility that they wouldn't make it back.

"He looks just like you." Liz smiled as she said it and felt troubled at how connected she felt to the small child. Max saw the trouble in her eyes and he held her hands tighter.

"No matter what Liz. Remember... I adore you." She smiled shyly and he kissed her forehead.

"There's something about him Max. He doesn't seem to be at all like Tess. He came up to me and called me mommy. There's something weird." Max looked at her confused and thought of an idea.

"I'll go to him tonight. I'll see if I can make a connection."

"Max you just can't go barging into the castle!" Liz looked at him trying to point out how unreasonable he was being.

"I have to try Liz. Larek can come with me and distract the guards. We have to find out what we can do. If I catch him alone I'll take him with me. Then we can finally go home." He smiled at her hopeful and called Larek. They gathered their things and headed off. Liz sat praying it would all work out. Nothing could go wrong. They couldn't afford to get discovered.

"LIZ!" Serena came running into the room with a bewildered statement on her face. Before she could get into the living room and say anything the door flew open.

"Kismet." A guard stood demanding her presence. Liz stood up and stepped forward.

"Yes?"

"The queen has requested your presence. Immediately." Serena's eyes grew wide. She knew. They grabbed Liz and took her with them just as Serena rushed to get her things. They needed to get Liz and Max and get out. They would not be able to rescue Lareth, not according to what she had just learned.

Part 13 | Index | Part 15
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.