Fanfic - Max/Liz
"For Then, For Now, Forever"
Part 13
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of it's characters, however I love borrowing them whenever I come up with some insane ideas to write about! OH, and any songs are copyright of the respective owner.
Summary: While rummaging through one of Grandma Claudia's old boxes Liz finds a beautiful necklace. She finds herself being haunted with memories that are not her own. Could this necklace be the key to Max's past? Or is it the key to his future? Takes place mainly in the happenings of this season, but goes back and forth between events.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I'd love feedback. Positive or otherwise... and let me know what I can do to improve or if you just liked it! Thanks!
The streets were full of all sorts of people. Merchants, traders, children with their families. Liz walked with Serena looking over the kingdom. Serena had changed Liz's hair and dressed her with some of her own clothes. Now Liz was a red head with her hair up in curls and a simple dress that looked like it was out of Sense and Sensibility.

"I feel stupid."

"Just smile and nod." Serena laughed at Liz's uncomfortable situation and walked up to an old woman with flowers.

"Good morning." Serena smiled and paid the woman some change. The woman handed her two flowers. One tiger lily and a white rose. Liz took the white rose and smelled it softly.

"Thank you." Liz smiled at the elderly woman and the woman looked up with old but wise eyes.

"My pleasure... your Majesty." She whispered it, but Liz's ears burned as if she sensed the entire town had heard it.

"What did you say?" Liz whispered to the woman hoping it was simply a mistake. The woman looked up again with a smile in her eyes.

"You are Eliza, queen of the Earth, are you not?" The woman spoke softly and made sure no one else could hear her. Serena had started to move ahead and hadn't realized Liz's distraction.

"How did you know that?" Liz was uneasy about the woman's words and was unsure whether she should worry or not.

"I do not intend to hurt you my child. Your eyes... your smile; they are just as I remember them. But your spirit is stronger than any I've seen in years. Your soul is strong and vivacious. You dare to dream but know that reality is far from your own."

"And you are?" Liz's eyes were full of anxiety but her heart was full of interest.

"Clara. I was Zan's advisor and am known in the kingdom as the wise woman."

"A pleasure." Liz reached out to touch Clara's wrinkled hands and the woman smiled at their touch.

"You've come back for us."

"I'm sorry?"

"The prophecy said you'd be back. Is Zan with you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." The woman's extent of information was frightening and Liz was beginning to feel awkward .

"If he is not with you now, he will come back to save you. Steer clear from the queen, she will recognize you quickly. And good luck!" The woman was still holding on to Liz's hand as Serena walked back to get her.

"Liz! Come on." Serena looked at the woman's eyes and at how hard they stared into Liz's. She knew something important had happened. She grabbed Liz's hand and dragged her along with her.

"What was that all about?" Serena began to walk fast towards the castle. Liz was being pulled along behind her.

"She knew who I was. She told me about a prophecy." Serena suddenly stopped and stood face to face with Liz. She stared into her eyes and tried to think of the right words to say.

"I know this is a lot for you. Yes. There is a prophecy that our King would return with his true love and redeem the kingdom and kill Kivar. But it's only a prophecy. We make our destinies. That's what we're here to do. If this works out, then we can say we fulfilled the prophecy."

"If not?"

"It'll work out." Serena began towards the castle again and Liz walked behind her with her heart beating fast and butterflies in her stomach. They walked in through the large doors and into a huge beautifully decorated hallway. Serena walked along until they reached another set of doors. Two guards stood in front of them and Serena took out her hand. They scanned her hand and a set of numbers appeared.

"This is my cousin from Earth. She is to stay with me for a while. I am going to introduce her to the King now, and then she will be branded." The guards nodded in agreement and let them in. The room was full of people and gifts. At the top of the room sat Kivar in all his glory and Tess with a small child at her side. Kivar's piercing green eyes caught Liz's and she felt her throat knot. He was much more handsome than he had been on Earth. His dark hair fell on his face and Liz understood how Isabel had so quickly fallen for him. She kept her head bowed and saw Tess out of the corner of her eye. She looked different, her face was like that of a painting, her features perfectly molded, her blue eyes piercing, her long blonde hair falling on her back with soft curls and a golden crown. But her essence was exactly the same. She still gave Liz the same sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach and she still had the domineering presence. After several minutes, she and Serena walked up to the front and Liz kept her head bowed.

"Sir, Miss. My cousin Kismet from Earth."

"Kismet? What is it you are destiny of Miss Kismet?"

"My heart sir." Liz whispered the words passionately and Kivar looked on pleased. He liked her. She was beautiful. Her long red hair, her deep hazel eyes and her soothing voice. He smiled to himself thinking of how he'd love to have her for himself, if only for several minutes. He'd pursue her. She'd be his.

The blonde sitting next to him saw the familiar look in his eyes and cursed herself at her envy. Why had Nasedo tormented her with a life of torture and unfeeling? She hated her destiny on Earth. She hated the fact that her own husband didn't love her, didn't give her his heart. She hated the fact that the man whom she was now with saw her as he saw every other woman. Another prize to be won. The only thing to gain from her union with Kivar was the kingdom and the title. The feeling of self-importance. But she wondered if it was worth all that she'd lost. The young boy sitting next to her stared at the beautiful woman kneeling with her head held low. He walked over to her and touched her hair. Liz held in her breath. She saw the small feet on the ground and wanted to look up into the child's eyes. He held her chin and pushed her face up to face him. His deep brown eyes yelled out Max's name. There was no denying this child was his.

"Momma?" The child whispered at the woman in front of him. He felt this strong attraction to her. A strange sense of familiarity.

"Lareth, step back." The blonde woman stood up quickly and the young child stepped back immediately. Liz tried to conceal her shivering on the floor. She felt dizzy and had to get home as soon as possible. Serena bowed, apologized for any inconvenience, and held out Liz's hand to be branded. Liz winced at the heat of the lasers but immediately shrugged off the pain. Serena saw the sweat build on Liz's brow and knew something was wrong. She hurried her home. Serena closed and locked the door behind them.

"Liz what's wrong?" Liz practically fell on the bed in the room and Serena ran after her with a wet rag.

"I feel weak. I can't breath." Liz was now drenched in sweat, her eyes were dilated, and her hands were shaking.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Lareth... I know him...." Liz slowly closed her eyes and fainted. As Serena rushed to get some herbal medicines she saw Liz's necklace begin to light up and she stopped what she was doing.

"He's trying to contact her." Serena's eyes widened and she dropped the bowl and ran to the chemistry lab.

Part 12 | Index | Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.