Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Destined to be Forever"
Part 7
by Phoebe James
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or any of the characters...if I did, boy would I be lucky!!
Summary: A few days after EOTW Liz is feeling horrible about the things she did to Max. Maria feels her friend's pain and tells Max the truth!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Max walked into the private office where he had seen Liz go earlier.

"Hey, can we talk?" he asked her. He noticed the tears on her face.

*I wonder why she was crying. * He thought.

"I'm not in the mood to talk right now Max. Sorry." Liz told him, wiping the tears from her face. She got up from the corner of the sofa and began walking towards the door. "I've really gotta get back to work."

"Okay, later then." Max called after her. She ignored him.

*Why do human relationships have to be so complicated? *

(A/N: Katswana just shape shifted into Max, when she took on his body, she gained his knowledge and the ability to hear his thoughts. What you have just read was not the real Max Evans, but rather, it was Katswana who shape shifted into him. Max had left the Crashdown a while ago with the others.)

*Why did I do that? Max wanted to talk to me. We need to talk. I want to work this out. Max...Oh God, what am I gonna do? * Liz thought sadly. An hour later Liz's shift was up. Max was still sitting in the corner booth. Liz decided to take Alex's advice and hear what he had to say.

"Hi Max."

"Hey Liz."

"I've been thinking about what you said. I think you're right. We do need to talk."

"I'm glad you feel that way too. We can work through this Liz."

"I know."

"Do you wanna go somewhere more...private?"

"I.I guess, I mean, sure. Lemme finish cleaning up and I'll go get my jacket and we can go."

"Alright." *What am I gonna do about a car? * Katswana picked up an apple from a table she passed on the way out. Once she got outside, she stopped time and ran to the end of the street where she was sure no one would notice a car coming out of nowhere. She placed the apple on the ground, closed her eyes, and concentrated on the Max's jeep. When she opened her eyes there it was there in front of her. She climbed into the front seat and set time again. She drove into the Crashdown parking lot and waited for Liz. After a few minutes of waiting, Liz walked out of the Crashdown. She had changed back into her regular clothes. Her hair was pulled back and her make up had been re applied.

"Let's go!" she smiled at Max. Max turned the car around and headed towards the Double T Diner. Except this time it would be a small deserted house near a barn.

"Where are we going? I know I recognize these roads."

"Oh, just someplace deserted, someplace where we can be alone."

"Sounds nice. The stars are so beautiful tonight, and the sunrise against the mountains must be gorgeous!"

"Yeah, it is."

"Mmmmmmm."

"Here we are."

"What is this place Max?"

"I've been coming here a lot lately. It helps me clear my mind. The view from the back window is beautiful. I hope you like it."

"I'm sure I will, but the most important thing to do here is talk, right?"

"Of course." Katswana led Liz into the house. The house however was really a holding chamber for Liz. Liz, of course, saw a beautiful old Victorian house, through Katswana's mind warp. Once Katswana had led Liz to the back room of the house and successfully got Liz inside she lifted the mind warp and transformed back into her old self.

"So nice to finally meet the Kings new love. I hear you are the reason the King and Queen quarrel? Is this true?" Katswana asked.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

"I don't want anything from you dear girl! No, no. You are simply the bait."

"What?"

"I suppose there is no harm in telling you...you'll be gone soon enough anyway. My name is Katswana. I work for Nicholas. Together we are going to find the granilith. If the King loves you as much as the Queen said he does, then I'm sure we'll have it in no time. Then I can put you out of your misery."

"That will never happen! I mean, Max won't tell you where the granilith is."

"Not even at your expense?"

"I, I...I don't know." Liz said, sadly.

"Poor girl, don't worry, your misery will be over soon enough!" Katswana cried. Liz backed up into the corner of her 'cell'. She slowly lowered herself to the ground.

*Max, you have to help me.please.* Liz thought desperately.

*No one can help you now Liz. You're destined to die in agony! Hahahahaha! *

*Please...* Liz sobbed. It was at that moment that Liz realized that she'd never see any of her friends or family ever again. Alex's lame jokes, Maria's great advice, Isabel's fashion tips, Michael's sweet face, Kyle's handsome good looks, Max.hell she'd even miss Tess! And her family. How would her death be explained to them? Would she be a famous kidnapping case? Liz couldn't take thinking about it anymore.

She closed her eyes in a desperate attempt to clear her head. Soon she was drifting off to sleep.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.