FanFic - Max/Liz
"Dangerous Minds"
Part 6
by Camille
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of Roswell. But I'd like to rent Jason Behr or Brendan Fehr for a little while.
Summary: Before the shooting, dangers lurked and made themselves known.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is a "Before I Knew You" fic. And my first one. Be honest, but not brutal.
"That son of a bitch," Alex all but yelled. He jumped up from his spot in the grass and searched the quad for Tristan. His dramatic behavior attracted many stares from his fellow classmates, including a certain blonde popular alien.

Liz, who was sitting on the grass next to Alex, grabbed his hand. "Alex! Alex, it's okay. I'm okay. Please sit down. If you go after them it'll only make things worse," she pleaded.

Alex looked down at her, his face red and angry. He angrily plopped back down next to Liz and scrubbed his face with his fingers. He kept chanting, "I'm gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill him."

Liz laced her fingers with Alex's and turned his chin so that he was facing her. "Alex, you're not going to kill anybody. It's over."

He turned away from her. "How could this happen?" he moaned. Liz was at a loss for words. When she finally found something to say, Alex turned to her abruptly and started bombarding her with questions. "Are you okay? Can I get you anything? Has this happened before?"

Liz had an answer for each one. "Yes. No. And no," she said simply.

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. "Alex, look, I'm fine. I am fine. We can't change what's happened, so why not make the best of it huh? Just promise me that you won't go after those guys." Alex didn't meet her eyes, he just nodded. Liz gently turned his chin so her was looking in her eyes. "Please promise me Alex," she pleaded.

Alex sighed in defeat. "I promise," he said.

"Thank you," she whispered before leaving to go to her class.

Alex watched Liz and Maria go to their separate class before heading to his. On his way to class he accidently bumped into Max. "Hey, sorry man," Alex said.

"It's okay," Max muttered.

"Listen Max, can you do me a favor?" Alex asked.

Max eyed him warily. There were few people that he would do anything for. Those were Isabel, Michael, his parents, and Liz. "That depends," Max said slowly.

Alex noticed that Max didn't really trust anybody. But he also noticed the way Max felt for Liz, and Max was a nice guy. "Actually, it's more of a favor to Liz."

"What?" Max asked automatically.

"Well we're both late for class now, but can we talk at the Crashdown later?"

"Yeah sure."

"Okay see ya then."

"Okay." Max started to walk away.

"Oh and Max, can you see if you can bring Michael?"

"I'll try," Max said before walking off.

The Crashdown later that day. Liz's parents were still gone and she was left manager of the restaraunt. She was re-filling the sugar cans while once in awhile stealing glances at Max, Michael, and Alex, sitting in a booth in deep conversation. She wondered what they were talking about, but she had a pretty good idea that she was the topic.

"So what do you think we should do Maxwell, be her bodyguards 24/7?" Michael asked sarcastically.

Alex was really getting tired of Michael's attitude, but he helped them out today and his friend Max seemed really concerned and might he say protective of Liz. So he listened to his idea of keeping her safe.

"No that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that we don't let her leave her house alone, because we don't know where or when these guys might show up," Max argued. "We could always talk to the Sheriff," Max whispered only loud enough for Michael to hear.

"One question you guys," Michael ventured. "Does Liz even know that we're going to be her personal body guards?"

"Kind of," Max muttered.

"What does kind of mean?" Alex asked.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.