FanFic - Max/Liz
"Dangerous Minds"
Part 7
by Camille
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of Roswell. But I'd like to rent Jason Behr or Brendan Fehr for a little while.
Summary: Before the shooting, dangers lurked and made themselves known.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is a "Before I Knew You" fic. And my first one. Be honest, but not brutal.
Max pulled Michael aside and told him about what he talked to Liz about before Biology class.

"Are you crazy Max? Talk about drawing attention to ourselves." Michael was fuming.

"How about this Michael, if the police come into this matter, we bail. Okay?"

Michael wasn't convinced. "And why aren't the police already involved Maxwell?" Michael asked cooly.

"I persuaded Liz not to tell the police yet, because I could get in trouble, because I hit back. Remember Eric's nose?"

Michael pondered this for a minute. It was obvious that Liz was in danger, he couldn't deny that, and he would never forgive himself if his best friend's reason for living got hurt (well anymore than she already is), and the police isn't involved, and Max promises to be careful...

Max watched Michael think about their situation. He really needed to be near Liz. And he really really needed to keep Tristan and their goons away from her.

The opening of the door brought them out of their thoughts.

Liz looked up as the door opened, her stomach dropping to her feet. She immediately tensed. She looked at the door, and exhaled a large breath. It wasn't Tristan or any of his friends. It was some guy that she'd never seen before. He looked about 30 or so, his hair was black and slicked back (way too much gel) and he was dressed in a black suit.

Max and Michael turned towards each other again. "In all of my nightmares about the FBI, they all looked exactly like that," Max exclaimed.

"I know," Michael breathed. "You don't think....?" "Nah, we didn't do anything, therefore they have no proof," Max reasoned. "Yeah," Michael agreed, "he's probably just a business man passing by or something."

Liz went over to take his order. "Hi my name is Liz, and I'll be your waitress for this evening. Are you ready to order or do you need a couple of minutes?" she recited her professional line perfectly.

The man gave her a once over and immediately liked what he saw. He now knew why the subject was so infatuated with her. He stood up, and when he did, he was towering over her by about a foot.

"Actually Miss Parker, my name is Agent Stevens and I need to ask you a couple of questions."

Liz regarded him suspiciously. "May I see your badge?" she asked matter-of-factly.

"Yes ma'am," Agent Stevens replied quickly. He was caught off guard. This one was different from the others. He could already tell. He took his badge out of his jacket and showed it to her.

"And what exactly do you need to question me about?" Liz asked still suspicious.

"Regarding Max Evans," the Agent said smoothly.

Liz was dumbfounded. What does the FBI want to do with Max Evans? She knew he was secretive, but she never imagined that he was doing things that were illegal. No, Max would never do anything wrong, he wouldn't hurt a fly.

Max saw the whole exchange. The guy was FBI, and he was questioning Liz about him. But Liz didn't know anything, so she couldn't say anything. Right?

"What about Max Evans?" she asked still suspicious.

"Well I can't discuss that now, but if you'll come with me please..." he grabbed her arm and attempted to pull her out the door.

She ripped her arm out of his grasp. "No way." she said rather loud.

She would have attracted customers, but they all left to go to the UFO muesum for some tour. Max and Michael only stayed behind because that place was irritating and it was their "turn" to watch Liz. Alex had to go help his dad in the garage. Even the cook took a break to see the new display at the museum.

"And why not," Agent Stevens demanded, quickly loosing his patience. She was supposed to just leave quietly.

"Because you're supposed to have parental consent before you question a minor, I don't leave with strangers, no matter who they work for, I'm in charge of the restaraunt because my parents are out of town, and because you freak me out," she said all in one breath.

Agent Steven smirked at her. If her parents weren't home, that would make it all the easier. He lunged at her, spinning her around so her back was facing him, and he looped his arm around her throat. She screamed as loud as she could, "Max!"

Max whipped his head around to see Liz struggling with the FBI Agent.

He jumped over the counter and stood a few feet away from them. "Liz are you okay?" he asked.

"Max, I can't breathe," she croaked out.

He could see her face turning blue. "Stop it, she can't breathe," he begged the agent.

Agent Stevens smiled evilly. "Max Evans?" he questioned.

"That's me now let her go," Max demanded.

"I have a message from Agent Pierce," he said as he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a syringe. "Meet us at the old soap factory tonight, if you ever want to see her alive again." He injected Liz with the needle and put it back in his pocket.

Liz watched as the floor started to spin, and fade away. "Max," she whispered, before darkness engulfed her.

The agent lifted her over one of his shoulders. "Be careful, she has some cracked ribs," Max said.

The agent smirked at him. This boy was so whipped, he would do anything for Liz. "We won't hurt her too bad, as long as you're there when you're supposed to be," the agent warned. He watched as a black van pulled up and then he left the cafe.

Max watched the van leave, wondering how something so terrible could happen to someone so innocent. Liz never did anything wrong, and now she was being held captive by the FBI, against her will.

He crumpled to the floor and hugged his knees to his chest. He would get Liz back tonight, even if it killed him.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.