FanFic - Max/Liz
"Dangerous Minds"
Part 4
by Camille
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of Roswell. But I'd like to rent Jason Behr or Brendan Fehr for a little while.
Summary: Before the shooting, dangers lurked and made themselves known.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is a "Before I Knew You" fic. And my first one. Be honest, but not brutal.
On the way home. "Does it hurt a lot Liz?" Max asked, concerned. He couldn't get over the fact that he was there, and it still happened to her. In his mind, whenever Liz was in trouble, and he was there, he would get her out of trouble... unharmed. The reality of the situation slapped him in the back of the head.

Liz was touched by Max's concern. At school, he seemed business only, and even at the Crashdown, he just ordered, and sat there staring at her all day. "Not really. The bandages are wrapped so tight, it feels the same everywhere." She could tell that this whole thing was eating him up on the inside. She laid her hand on his. "Max, it's not your fault. Really, I don't blame you. There was nothing you could do. If anything, you stopped them from doing worse." She could tell there her last sentence did nothing to calm his nerves. "Max look at me." He turned slightly so her could see her. "Thank you. For being there when it happened. And for being here with me now."

They pulled up to the Crashdown. Liz got out of the car and went around to Max's side. "I really do appreciate you, ya know." She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. "I'll see you at school tomorrow," she whispered. Max just nodded.

Max waited for her to go inside and lock the door before he took off again. He didn't notice the figure in the shadows, not watching him, but watching Liz.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.