FanFic - Max/Liz
"Dangerous Minds"
Part 3
by Camille
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of Roswell. But I'd like to rent Jason Behr or Brendan Fehr for a little while.
Summary: Before the shooting, dangers lurked and made themselves known.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is a "Before I Knew You" fic. And my first one. Be honest, but not brutal.
At the hospital Max and Liz waited in a room for the doctor to tell them the results of her X-rays. Max leaned on the bed next to Liz and wondered how they had gotten so close in just a few hours. He turned as was about to say something to her when the doctor walked in. "Hello Liz, my name is Dr. Sadler. Well the X-rays showed that you do have two cracked ribs. Now we really can't do anything about it, but we're going to have to just wrap your abdomen in an ace bandage, and hope that it heals. How again did this happen?"

Liz looked hesitantly at Max and said, "We got in a fight with some guys from school."

The doctor looked shocked. "Well this is very serious. I suggest that you file a police report."

"Um, yes ma'am we'll do that. Thank you very much."

"I'll be right back with the ace bandages," the nurse said.

Once she left, Max turned to Liz. "Liz I am so sorry about this."

Liz put a finger to his lips to silence him. "Max, it wasn't your fault. Besides, it's not like I'm dying or anything," she joked.

That only made Max tense up more. Liz noticed that Max was standing so stiff, and she put a hand on his arm to comfort him. "Hey," she whispered, "it's okay. I'm okay." Only when he looked at her did she notice that his eyes were filled with unshed tears.

When he finally spoke, his voice was hoarse. "I'd uh, hug you but I don't wanna crack anymore of them," he spoke jokingly.

But Liz knew that he was also speaking honestly. Liz was surprised at his openness. She never thought that she would be the one to get Max to open up. "Well I guess this will have to do." She stood on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek. When she pulled back, Max had an expression of a mixture of happiness, fear, relief, and desire. It was the weirdest mix that she'd ever seen. He was about to say something when some more nurses burst in with a tray of ace bandages and adhesives.

"Okay Miss Parker, let's get you wrapped up. We're going to have to ask the young man to leave, unless you want him to stay in here."

Max was out the door before she could even finish talking. The nurse gave Liz a questioning look. "He's really shy," was all she said.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.