FanFic - Max/Liz
"By Your Side"
Part 2
by RoswellBeliever
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing having to do with anything Roswell or the WB. I wish I owned Jason Behr though...that would be nice... :oP Also, I did not write, nor do I own the song "By Your Side" by Sade. I'm just borrowing it! :o)
Summary: This is a story for anyone who is a true Roswell believer and die hard supporter of Max and Liz!!! I don't want to give anything away so that's all I'm going to say!!! However, my story takes place after the episode "Max in the City".
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: If anyone has any comments about this story, PLEASE E-MAIL ME!!! Even if you hate my story and just want to tell me everything that is wrong with it, please do so! I would love to hear any feedback at all!!! I need to know if this story totally sux or if it is good!!! Thanks so much guys!!!
When Liz arrived home, she was still weirded out by the men in suits and sunglasses. Maria and Alex hadn't noticed, so Liz decided not to say anything. The men had continued walking away, and Liz had gotten in the car and left.

But it still bothered her. They looked so much like...feds. Liz hating even thinking that. 'But they couldn't be from the FBI!' Liz thought to herself. "That would be impossible...the special unit was dissolved..." Liz mumbled to herself as she slowly opened the door to the Crashdown. She glanced quickly around the restaurant. Two new waitresses were sitting, looking bored, at the bar, and the rest of the diner was empty with the exception of an old couple, and surprisingly, Isabel. Liz walked slowly to where Isabel sat at a corner booth.

"Isabel?" Liz ventured slowly. A worried look graced her soft face as she stared at the wall with wide eyes.

"Um, are you okay...Isabel?" Liz said again, sitting down slowly across from Isabel.

Isabel closed her eyes and looked down quickly. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"I just asked if you were okay," Liz said, still worried about Isabel.

"Oh. Um...yeah, I'm fine, thanks," Isabel half-whispered, looking all around the room, but never directly at Liz.

"Are you sure?" Liz continued, still trying to figure out Isabel's strange behavior.

"Um, actually, Liz, no, I'm not okay. I came here to talk to you," Isabel finally dragged her eyes up to meet Liz's. Liz didn't move.

"Um..." Isabel started, "you know the dreams that Max told everyone I was having?" Liz nodded slowly. "Well, I didn't tell Max, or anyone for that matter, but, Liz, you are in them." Liz didn't move. Why would she be in them? What did this mean?

"I don't really know what they mean," Isabel said, seeming to read Liz's mind. "But...." she hesitated, "things are happening...." she swallowed. "Not good things, Liz."

Now Liz was starting to get scared. What was Isabel talking about? Would this have anything to do with the men at the park???

And then, Isabel spoke, again, almost reading Liz's mind. "Liz, there are these men in the dreams, they look like Peirce. Like Feds. From the special unit."

Liz's heart almost stopped. "Oh, God," she whispered.

Isabel continued, "Liz, I don't want to scare you or anything, but these men, in the dreams, they're looking for you."

Liz's mouth dropped open. "Why???" she questioned Isabel.

"I don't know, Liz, but...if you see anything at all, any men, any.."Isabel looked around cautiously, "any feds, stay away from them Liz!"

"And then do what, Isabel? What do I do after that? Just keep running away?? If they're really feds, then they'll find me anyway, right? What do I do? What do I do, Isabel?" Liz said frantically, raising her voice.

"Liz, calm down! I told you, I don't know! Just be careful okay? We don't even really know yet, if this is real. Maybe it's just a weird dream I'm having," but even Isabel sounded doubtful of that one.

"So will you just be careful, Liz?" Isabel said while sighing.

Liz kept thinking. She had no idea what to make of what Isabel had just told her. 'Should I tell her about the men in the park?' Liz thought. She didn't really know why, but Liz decided against telling Isabel. "Okay, I'll be careful," Liz whispered in a hoarse voice.

Isabel seemed to relax as soon as Liz agreed to be careful. "Okay," she breathed out heavily. "Oh, and Liz, don't tell Max, okay?" Isabel said while standing up to leave. Liz looked at her questioningly. "He's just really stressed out right now," she paused, "about a lot of things," she trailed off. Liz guessed that one of the things stressing him out was her betrayl. 'I'll take that as Isabel knowing what I did,' she thought to herself. Isabel mumbled goodbye and breezed out of the diner. Liz didn't move. She felt like such a traitor. 'But why would Isabel tell me to be careful if she thought I had betrayed Max?' Liz couldn't think of a single reason why. She shrugged off the thought and proceeded to go upstairs. It was almost six o'clock now.

As she opened the door to the apartment, her parents greeted her from the kitchen.

"Hi sweetie! Did you and Maria and Alex have a good time?" her mother asked while chopping an onion.

"Yeah, we did," Liz said, smiling at the thought of the fun they had had.

"Well good, are you hungry, Liz?" her Dad asked.

"Um, not at the moment, I'm just going to go to my room for now, if that's okay..." Liz trailed off, walking slowly backwards toward the hall. Parent encounters were really not things Liz was up for these days. Playing happy was too hard for her but explaining the situation wasn't even an option.

Immediately both parents began to worry. "Sweetie, are you feeling okay?" her mother put down the onion, eyebrows starting to furough in worry. Her Dad looked the same way.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" Liz exclaimed, a little too excitidly. 'God, Liz! Get a grip! Even your happy act is suspicious!' she scolded herself.

"Well, okay, if you're sure..." her mother said, still looking worried. Liz smiled again and dissapeared down the hallway. 'Geeze! What is wrong with me? I was about two seconds from cracking in there!' she thought, relieved to finally be away from the pressure of talking to her parents.

Liz flopped down on the bed and looked at the ceiling. She lay there for several minutes lost in thought. 'What am I going to do now?' she thought over and over again. But Liz wasn't thinking of things to do out of boredom. Her goal was thinking of things to do to keep her mind off of Max. She closed her eyes. 'How am I going to do this?' Liz thought as tears began to gather. 'I can't even stop thinking about him for a day, how am I supposed to get through the rest of my life???' Liz was now starting to feel frantic. 'And then there's those guys in the park, and Isabel's dream, what am I suppose to do about all of this?' Tears began rolling down Liz's cheeks and onto the bed. Deep down, she knew why she was freaking out so much. In the past, when things had happened that might scare Liz, she had never been scared, because she knew that Max there, and they could go through it together. But now, she had practically forced him out of her life for supposively a "good" reason, and she was scared. She had no idea how to deal with what Isabel had told her. She didn't even know how to deal with her life now that Max wasn't in it.

Liz jumped up off the bed quickly. She couldn't think about this now. Grabbing her coat, she told her parents she was going on a walk and breezed out of the apartment before they could object. She didn't slow down, or even look to see who was in the diner as she pushed open the door and started down the street. Because if she had looked at who was in the diner, she would have noticed the two men from the park, waiting for her, sitting in the same corner booth that Liz and Isabel had sat in just minutes ago.

Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.