FanFic - Max/Liz
"By Your Side"
Part 3
by RoswellBeliever
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing having to do with anything Roswell or the WB. I wish I owned Jason Behr though...that would be nice... :oP Also, I did not write, nor do I own the song "By Your Side" by Sade. I'm just borrowing it! :o)
Summary: This is a story for anyone who is a true Roswell believer and die hard supporter of Max and Liz!!! I don't want to give anything away so that's all I'm going to say!!! However, my story takes place after the episode "Max in the City".
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: If anyone has any comments about this story, PLEASE E-MAIL ME!!! Even if you hate my story and just want to tell me everything that is wrong with it, please do so! I would love to hear any feedback at all!!! I need to know if this story totally sux or if it is good!!! Thanks so much guys!!!
Liz was speed walking down Main Street, trying to calm her nerves which were so on end she could barely think straight. Liz didn't really know where she was walking to, she was just walking to clear her head. 'Calm down, calm down,' she kept telling herself mentally. After walking around the streets of downtown Roswell for nearly an hour, Liz decided that she needed to go home. Her parents were probably worried about her, and no matter how much she walked, the same thoughts of Max that had been on her mind when she had left would still be there when she got home. Looking at the ground, Liz turned around slowly to walk home.

And then she looked up. A slow feeling of dread passed through her body and a shiver ran down her spine all the way to her toes. There they were again. The men in suits.

As soon as the men realized that Liz saw them, they turned around and quickly began walking in the opposite direction. But Liz knew without a doubt, they had been following her. Still frozen in place, Liz watched them walking away. She had no idea what to do or where to go. She decided to make sure they were indeed following her, so she turned away from the direction of home and kept walking. Liz walked for five minutes, not daring to even glance backwards. Slowing her pace, Liz casually looked behind her. They were there again, falling in exact step with Liz. "Oh, God. They are following me..." she whispered to herself. She suddenly stopped walking and turned around abruptly. What Liz was really hoping to do was scare the men away for good, but this time, when she turned around, they didn't stop walking. They didn't even slow down. The men just kept walking, straight for her. Liz felt herself start to panic. The men were getting closer every second she just stood there shaking. 'What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?' Liz was screaming inside. She turned around and began to run. She looked around. 'Where was everyone?' Liz glanced around as she ran, desperately searching for someone to help her, but the town was virtually empty. After all, this was Roswell.

Just by the sound, Liz could tell the men were gaining on her. She picked up her pace and turned down an alley. But they ran faster. 'How are they still getting faster?' Liz thought frantically. She was now sprinting through the dark alley, clueless as to where she was going. At the end of the alley, she turned left and continued to sprint at full force. This time Liz didn't even bother to turn around. There was nothing she could do but run. She ran for nearly five more minutes, not turning back, not even listening for footsteps. Not even paying attention to the cramps she felt in her stomach and the burning feelings in her legs. Just running. And suddenly, Liz recognized the back of the Crashdown up ahead. She ran even faster now. Liz ran and ran until she turned the corner into the alley that led to the side of the diner. She stopped at the ladder that led up to her balcony and climbed up quickly.

When Liz got to the top, she threw her body over the side and peered back down over the edge. No one was there. She looked around the side of the building. But no one was there. The alley was silent except for the sound of Liz's heavy breathing.

Her body was exhausted, and she was drenched in sweat. Liz was alive with fear. What had they wanted? Liz shuttered to even think about what they might have done to her had they caught up with her. 'Maybe they're still out there...waiting for me...' Liz jerked up and searched the alley again for the men; but they were gone. Liz crumpled back down to the ground and tried to calm herself. Her heart was still beating so fast and hard she could hear it in her ears and the pains and cramps in her legs and stomach were now making her body throb so violently she couldn't stand up.

Her thoughts drifted to her parents and how she had left so abruptly. Liz knew they were probably worried. Getting up and walking slowly to her room, Liz looked in the mirror. She looked frightening. There was no chance of her parents seeing her like this and not being worried. Liz washed her face and brushed her hair, and ventured slowly out of her room down the hall.

"Mom? Dad?" Liz called softly down the hallway. She found her parents sitting on the couch, looking worried, as she had suspected. As soon as they saw Liz, they jumped off the couch.

"Liz! Sweetie, are you okay???" her mother breathed out, rushing to hug Liz.

"Mom, I'm fine, I just went for a walk," Liz had known they would worry, but they were acting like she had been gone for days.

"Liz! You left without telling us where exactly you were going, you stayed gone for an hour! We didn't know what had happened to you!" her Father was gesturing wildly with his hands. "And sweetie, you have been acting very strangely lately. We thought maybe you had run away!!!" her Father now looked genuinely scared.

"Oh, Dad," Liz walked over to him and hugged him. "I know I've been acting really weird, but I wouldn't run away. Things are just changing right now, in my life, and I'm just adjusting. But I would never run away. I love you guys and I wouldn't do that to you." She could already tell her parents were relieved. They knew that Liz was responsible, and when she said something, she meant it. Liz was glad to relieve their fears. She loved them and hated being so distant with them, but how do you explain rationally to your parents that it all started when your ex-alien-boyfriend healed you supernaturally from dying? It just wasn't that easy.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.