FanFic - Max/Liz
"By Your Side"
Part 18
by RoswellBeliever
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing having to do with anything Roswell or the WB. I wish I owned Jason Behr though...that would be nice... :oP Also, I did not write, nor do I own the song "By Your Side" by Sade. I'm just borrowing it! :o)
Summary: This is a story for anyone who is a true Roswell believer and die hard supporter of Max and Liz!!! I don't want to give anything away so that's all I'm going to say!!! However, my story takes place after the episode "Max in the City".
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: If anyone has any comments about this story, PLEASE E-MAIL ME!!! Even if you hate my story and just want to tell me everything that is wrong with it, please do so! I would love to hear any feedback at all!!! I need to know if this story totally sux or if it is good!!! Thanks so much guys!!!
Max opened the door to his bedroom and let out a tired sigh. His entire body ached with exaustion; even his brain felt tired from thinking so much.

He flopped onto his bed and looked at the ceiling. It was only six o'clock but if felt like two in the morning. It had probably been the single longest day of his life.

After Liz had left, Max gone back into the compound through the back door and joined Michael, Isabel, Tess, and the Sherrif. They had walked the halls and searched the rooms until they finally found Agent Smith, talking in a frantic voice on a cell phone. They had caught him completely off guard. And killing him had been easy, as much as Max hated to even say that. Maybe it had been easy killing him physically, but mentally, it had been hard for all of them.

At least it was over now. The only question left unanswered was who Smith had been talking to on the phone. The power that had killed the Agent had demolished and completely fried the cell phone in the process. So they were left wondering. Wondering who else was out there, and what they knew. But Max wasn't worried about it. The only thing he had thought about since the second the Agents were taken care of was Liz.

"Max," a familiar voice interupted his thoughts.

"Yeah, come in," Max answered back. Shutting the door behind her, Isabel came in the room and sat on the bed beside Max.

"Um, look, Max, I don't know what happened between you and Liz, or what you and Kyle were talking about, but ya know, if you want to talk about it...I'm here," Isabel said softly to Max, who now had his eyes closed.

"I know, Isabel, and I promise that once I know exactly what's going on, I'll tell you. I just need to talk to Liz first," saying that, Max sat up and reached for the phone on his nightstand.

"Max," Isabel reached out her hand to stop him. "I know you're really anxious to talk to Liz, but you need to rest, and so does she. It's been a really long day for all of us."

"Yeah," Max mumbled as he put his arm down. "I'll call her tomorrow," he decided.

"So what about Mom and Dad? Do they suspect anything?" Max asked, changing the subject.

"No. Relax. They bought the story the first time we told them this morning," Isabel said, a small smile creeping onto her lips. Max's worried expression didn't change.

"Max, stop worrying about everything! It's over!!!" Isabel said, trying to comfort him.

"Yeah, for now," Max trailed off, worry creeping once again into his mind.

"That's right: for now. Max, we both know that things are never going to be completely over for us. As long as we're on earth, there's always going to be a new enemy. We wouldn't be here if there weren't. And Max, the only thing that we can do is take them as they come," Isabel paused as Max continued thinking about her words. "We did our best today, Max. You can't keep beating yourself up: especially over battles that haven't even been fought yet."

Max looked up at Isabel and smiled. "You have this whole thing figured out, don't you?" he said, laughing slightly.

"Yeah, I guess so..." Isabel looked down, embarassed.

"Thanks, Isabel," Max looked at her as he spoke. Isabel didn't speak but smiled again and nodded her head.

"You were great. Everyone was great today. God, especially Michael!" Max was so deep in conversation with Isabel, he hadn't even noticed Michael walking into the room.

"Yeah, I did kick some major ass, huh?"

Max jerked his head up to see Michael standing in the doorway with a smirk on his face. He walked into the room and took a seat at the foot of the bed next to Isabel.

"Seriously though, I don't think I could have gotten out of there without your help. You were more of a leader than I've ever been in my life," Max suddenly turned serious.

"I know you couldn't have, Max," Michael actually laughed this time and so did Max.

Part 17 | Index | Part 19
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.