FanFic - Max/Liz
"By Your Side"
Part 17
by RoswellBeliever
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing having to do with anything Roswell or the WB. I wish I owned Jason Behr though...that would be nice... :oP Also, I did not write, nor do I own the song "By Your Side" by Sade. I'm just borrowing it! :o)
Summary: This is a story for anyone who is a true Roswell believer and die hard supporter of Max and Liz!!! I don't want to give anything away so that's all I'm going to say!!! However, my story takes place after the episode "Max in the City".
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: If anyone has any comments about this story, PLEASE E-MAIL ME!!! Even if you hate my story and just want to tell me everything that is wrong with it, please do so! I would love to hear any feedback at all!!! I need to know if this story totally sux or if it is good!!! Thanks so much guys!!!
Michael was leading the way to the room where they had locked Liz, Maria, and the Sherrif when they passed the body of Agent Phillipps.

"Hm, he must have said something about Liz, too," Kyle said sarcastically as they stepped over the body.

Before Max could even react, Michael spoke, "Don't start, Kyle."

They reached the door of the room and Michael dug in his pocket for they key ring he had taken from the Agent. He found them and unlocked the door.

Michael opened the door to see Maria pacing back and forth, and Sherrif Valenti sitting on the floor speaking slowly to Liz, who seemed to be out of it.

"Liz," Max went immediately to her.

"Oh my God, Michael! What happened?" Maria rushed to throw her arms around him. Michael began explaining everything that had happened with the agent as the Sherrif walked over to Kyle.

"Son, why are you here? And what happened to you???" he asked Kyle, who's nose was still bleeding.

Max looked over to see what Kyle was about to say. "Um, nothing, I, uh, ran into a wall, it's not serious..." Kyle stammered, saying the first thing that came to his mind.

"Ran into a wall?" the Sherrif looked confused but didn't question Kyle anymore. He shook his head and looked down.

"Liz are you okay?" Max was kneeling beside Liz and holding her face.

"Yeah, I'm, um, I'm fine, my head just hurts..." Liz mumbled groggily.

"You think your head hurts..." Kyle mumbled to himself across the room.

"What?" the Sherrif turned to Kyle.

"Nothing!" Kyle said quickly.

"What happened to her?" Max turned to the Sherrif. Before he could speak, Michael interjected.

"Agent Phillips knocked her out earlier with his gun. I knew she would be fine so I didn't tell you. Max, it would have only worried you more," Michael tryed convincing Max.

"You still should have told me," Max said firmly, turning his attention back to Liz.

"Are you sure you're okay, Liz?" Max looked into Liz's eyes. Liz noticed something there, and for a moment she didn't answer him.

"Yeah, Max, I'm okay." Max's concern truly baffled Liz. It had been months since he had shown this much emotion to her.

"We have to get them out of here," Max stood up and looked at Michael.

"Right. Kyle, Alex, you guys go out the back take Maria and Liz and get out of here," Michael began giving out orders. "We'll take care of Smith and meet you back in Roswell."

At Michael's command, everyone bagan making their way towards the door. Max and the Sherrif helped Liz up slowly.

"Can you walk?" Max asked softly.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Max, really," Liz hated being treated like a crippled child. Liz began walking slowly to the door, Max still holding gently onto her arm.

"I'm just so....dizzy..." she mumbled as the room began to spin.

"I'm taking her to the car," Max looked at Michael as he spoke.

"No, Max, I'm fine, really," Liz tried talking Max out of it.

"Max, we need to take care of Smith, Liz'll be fine, let Kyle take her," Max glared at Michael. "Or Alex. Whoever, we need to take care of this, Max," Michael's voice was urgent.

"I'm taking her, Michael," Max said firmly. Michael knew that there was no use arguing with him. His mind was made up.

Max turned to Liz who still seemed to be in a daze, and knelt down to pick her up.

Max holding Liz, Maria, Kyle, and Alex made their way down the hallway and out the back door to Maria's car.

Liz was in a daze, and not just from being knocked out. Why was Max going through all this trouble? He hadn't acted like this since....before she had lied. For a brief moment the thought that Max had discovered her secret ran through Liz's mind; but she pushed it away quickly. It was impossible. There was no way that Max could have known.

'This is just how Max is. He takes responsibility for anything going wrong, even if it's not his fault. Don't make this more than it is, Liz, you'll just end up being let down...' Liz tried to rationalize Max's concern for her.

But even if it was just Max being nice; it was wonderful. His touch was so firm and caring, yet gentle and loving at the same time. Liz relished the feel of Max's hold on her around her back and legs. He smelled so good, and he was so warm. In anyone else's arms Liz might be afraid of falling, but not with Max. Even after all that had happened, there was not a doubt in Liz's mind: Max wouldn't let her fall.

Max sat Liz gently in the front seat of Maria's car and looked at her again.

"So are you sure you're going to be okay?" he asked in a caring voice. Liz didn't day a word, but nodded her head slowly.

Alex had volunteered to ride home with Maria, and Kyle was already pulling out of the make-shift desert parking lot of the compound. Max waited until Maria and Alex looked away to speak to Liz again.

"Liz," he spoke softly and quietly.

"Yeah Max?"

"When we get back to Roswell, we need to talk," Max waited for Liz to speak.

"Um, okay..." Liz said slowly, wondering what there was to talk about. She silently prayed that Max wouldn't ask her again about Kyle. After the the way Max had acted upon seeing her injured, Liz knew it would be physically impossible for her to lie and hurt him again. "Bye, Liz..." Max looked as if he was going to speak again, but he didn't. He stood up and shut the door gently and watched as Maria pulled out of the parking lot.

Max stood there and watched as the Jetta drove farther and farther away. There was so much to talk about...

But first, there was the Agent.

Max turned around and began walking back into the compound, ready to do whatever it took to get rid of the Special Unit once and for all.

Part 16 | Index | Part 18
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.