Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 73
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“You changed his all of his royal suits to the colour of pink, including his underwear?” Hansha laughed out loud at the absurdity of her Leandra and her Zan.

“He was so mad,” Leandra giggled in a low voice. “He was not even dressed before I was running out of the room and through the palace. Of course he had to put on some clothing and change at least one of the suits back! It gave me a running start!” Leandra giggled again.

“Oh dear, what did Zan do this time?” Rylo asked as he joined the two ladies in their late evening tea. He sat down beside his Queen, smirking at her. “I heard about this morning’s little prank, Leah. I bet Zan was awful angry!”

“Well, he should have been! I was angry too!” Leah pouted. Slouching back in her chair, obviously ignoring polite stature, she crossed her arms. “He didn’t take me seriously.”

“About what?” Rylo questioned. Liz immediately flushed, and sat back up straight. “Oh nothing for you to worry about, my dearest Rylo.” She kissed his cheek tenderly and ushered him to stand up. “Why don’t you go find Rath and Zan? They’ll probably be sharing their evening drink as well.”

Rylo just grinned and nodded, muttering, “I know when I’m not wanted!”

Hansha turned to her sister, by law, and gave her a very questioning look. “What were you fighting about this morning, Leah?”

Leandra heaved a sigh, slouching down again. “Vilandra. He doesn’t believe me, and quite truthfully, I don’t want to believe myself either. Yet I know something is going on with her. I’ve seen her wandering off at night, coming and going at the oddest times. Once I caught her speaking with… oh dear me, what is his name… Khivar! That’s his name.” Hansha gasped.

“You don’t think she’s seeing him, do you?” Leah shrugged.

“Oh, that would break our Rylo’s heart!” Hansha cried. Leah’s eyes widened and she put her finger to her lips.

“We mustn’t be loud about this, Hansha! Zan is already angry that I even suggested it. He forbids me to read Vilandra’s mind… but I don’t know, Hansha. Something is not right with that girl, and frankly, it frightens me.”

“Who is this Khivar fellow anyways?”

“I have no clue. Lets just hope he’s not dangerous, and that he isn’t going to hurt her.” Hansha nodded her agreement. Just then, Krosia came strolling into the room.

“Ah! Look who it is! My favourite little protector,” Leandra cried out. Krosia smiled at her, happy as always that their kingdom was fortunate to have delightful rulers as Zan and Leandra.

“How are my favourite ladies doing tonight?” Krosia questioned as he stood beside Hansha’s seat. Hansha patted his hand in a friendly gesture.

“Just peachy, dear Krosia!” Hansha replied, smiling. He nodded, and looked at his Queen, but her attention was elsewhere.

Vilandra, slightly tense looking, came strolling into the room. She nodded to the present company, but she seemed a bit too agitated for Leandra’s liking.

“Good evening, Vilandra,” Leah said politely, eyeing her suspiciously

“Good evening.” Vilandra’s greeting was short and curt. “Where can I find my brother?”

“Where he is every night at this time,” Hansha replied. “Outside with Rath and Rylo, enjoying their drinks.” Vilandra nodded again and scurried out of the room.

“You were right, Leah,” Hansha whispered.

“Right about what?” Krosia questioned, leaning closer to the two ladies.

“Vilandra,” Leah stated. “She’s been acting weird.”

Krosia furrowed his eyebrows and glanced at the vacant space that had just held Vilandra. He was hoping that Leah’s correctness about whatever the ladies had been discussing was just that, and nothing more. The time was much too peaceful in the kingdom for something to shake it off its rightful course.

Part 72 | Index | Part 74
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.