Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 53
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
Max pushed Liz up against the door, leaving hot trails of kisses down her neck. Waving his hand over the side of the door, he locked it securely. His hands traveled down Liz’s length, resting on her waist. Pulling her bottom closer, Max lifted his lips to hers, slipping his tongue into the soft caress of her mouth.

Liz’s own hands trailed up and down the length of Max’s back, finally relaxing around his neck. Hot, desperate touches grazed her body as she felt Max’s hands become restless yet again. His lips were roaming again, a path wandering towards the base of her neck, licking her collarbone with desire.

“Liz,” he moaned against her glossy skin, wanting to worship like the worthy Queen she is. “Liz, I’ve been dreaming about you, dreaming about this. About being with you again.” His tongue gave a light lick before he glanced up at Liz, his eyes dancing a passionate fire.

“Max,” Liz sighed so softly, but Max could hear the craving that it was enriched with.

“Liz, I want to cherish and worship you forever. You are my Queen. Not of some distant planet, but of my heart.” Max swooped Liz’s lip into another desired kiss, his tongue brushing the inner recesses of her mouth, wanting to taste, touch and tickle her senseless.

But Liz pulled away from the kiss, with her arms still wrapped around his neck. Max shook himself out of the daze that was always caused by his beauty and looked at Liz questioningly. And he saw it. Them. The tears that coursed down her cheeks and cursed her with horrid torment.

“Love,” Max called warmly, his eyes searching for an answer. “Did I hurt you, baby?” He raised a hand to her cheek, caressing the side of her face with such tenderness that Liz wanted to cry even more.

“No, Max,” Liz replied, a faint smile playing on her lips. “You. You’re just so beautiful and wonderful and I’ve missed you so much, and I can’t believe we’re together again and there’s just been so much going on and-” Max placed a finger against her lips as more tears lumbered down her stained face.

“Liz, love, my Queen, I love you. Let’s just take this time for you and me.” Max kissed again, but soft and soothing, not demanding or aggressive. “We have our whole lives together to face ours and the rest of worlds troubles. I just want to be here with you, just breathe you and love you right now. I just want to hold you and not let you go.” Liz moved her arms to his waist and wrapped them around tightly. Resting her head against Max’s chest, she closed her eyes and let out a sigh. It was her turn to take a moment.

Knock, knock.

“Guys, I know you’re probably having sex or something, but can press pause for like, just five minutes? I really need to talk to you.” Maria’s voice was quiet and lacked its usually rich and bouncy tang.

Liz peeked up at Max, and caught him rolling his eyes. Letting a small, unexpected giggle escape, she pulled out of his arms and let him answer the door. Before Max could greet her, Maria was already in the room and pacing the length of the room.

“Nice to see you guys are still fully dressed. Late start?” Maria asked, attempting to joke but coming out flat. Maria glanced over at Liz, noticing her tear-tracked cheeks. She rushed over to her and wrapped comforting arms around Liz, surprising her.

Maria glared at Max, saying harshly, “I said scream, not cry, you big dumbass.” She smacked Max on the arm.

“Ow,” Max whined. “I didn’t make her cry.” Max rubbed the spot where Maria hit him.

Liz pulled away from Maria’s suffocating embrace and held Maria by the shoulders. “I’m fine, Max didn’t do anything to me. Now, what’s so important?” Maria bit her lip, nervously looking at Liz and then at Max. She started to pace again.

“What? Maria, what’s wrong?” Max asked, coming to stand beside Liz and drawing her close to his side. Liz immediately snuggled up against him.

“Well, uh,” Maria stuttered, continuing her pace. “Isabel just went to bed and she was all upset and I think she was holding back tears and Michael was worried so I told I’d watch her but I snuck out because I made him take a shower because, well, the boy stunk but now Isabel is alone and maybe I should just back there cause she really shouldn’t be alone and I can’t believe how stupid I am and I’m just interrupting you and I’m a horrible best friend because of it I should just-”

“Maria!” shouted Liz. “Calm down. And stop rambling on, because if that’s what you really wanted to tell us, we’re kicking you out.” Maria gave an apologetic smile.

“No, it’s not. I’m sorry for interrupting. You guys are just so cute.” Maria gave her aw-aren’t-they-cute? Look.

“You wanted to tell us that we’re cute?” Max asked, scratching his eyebrow.

“No! That’s n-not what I, uh, wanted to t-tell you…”

“So what is it, Maria?” Max’s voice was gaining an edge of impatience. It had been a long day and all he wanted to do was be with his love. Alone.

“It’s, um, Alex.” Liz’s head perked up, and she looked at Maria in question. Maria rushed on.

“He’s been acting really weird. He was being real quiet on the drive here but then we started to, uh, talk about things. About powers. About our powers.” Max and Liz both raised their eyebrows in surprise, but Maria hurried on before they could interrogate her about it.

“You see, ever since Liz, Alex and I broke out of the connection, I’ve been getting these different… tastes, flavors rather, from different people.”

“Flavors?” Liz asked, incredulously. “You’ve been licking people?”

“What? No! I mean, these different feelings from people. It’s hard to explain. It’s like… well, it’s like you and Max. I can recognize the difference between you without even looking because you give off these different… vibes. I can tell if you’re near or far or whatever. And ever since everyone’s been gathered together, they’ve been getting stronger. I’m starting to feel what people are feeling, like their emotions. But that’s been fading in and out.” Maria plopped herself on to the bed, laying back.

Liz pulled away from Max and sat down beside Maria. “That’s, well, that’s… just wow. I didn’t even think you would have powers.”

“Well, guess what? We do. Alex too.” Liz’s eyes popped out.

“What?”

“Yeah, but see the thing is, Alex has had them for awhile and he just hasn’t told anyone. His powers are pretty well tamed. I mean the guy freaking changed the steering wheel right in front of my eyes without even breaking a sweat! First it’s all black and leatherish, and poof! It’s cheetah print.”

“All right,” Max said, crossing his arms in concentration. “So both of you are getting new powers and Alex hadn’t told anyone yet. What’s the huge deal?”

“Alex wouldn’t keep anything that big from us,” Liz answered. “If it was as important as this power thing is, he wouldn’t keep it a secret.”

“That,” Maria added, “And the way he treated Isabel tonight. First he’s pretty quiet and then he acts as if he doesn’t really care about Iz. C’mon, I mean, geez, that boy practically worships the ground Iz walks on! He’d lick every pair of shoes and high heels Isabel has if she asked him to. And he knew that he had hurt Iz’s feelings but didn’t do a damn thing about it. This isn’t out sweet, little Alex. Something isn’t right.”

“Maria’s right.” Liz glanced at Maria and then at Max, unsure of what to make of it.

“But then what is going on with Alex?” Max questioned.

“I don’t know, what do you think, Maria?”

“Well, what if-” Maria was rudely interrupted when a loud pounding was heard on the door.

“Hey Maxwell, Liz. Is Maria in there?” Michael’s loud voice sounded through the door. He walked in a moment later and found the scene before him. Maria and Liz were sitting beside each other on the bed, both in deep thought. Max was leaning against the wall, arms crossed, with one hand rubbing his forehead.

“Uh, did I interrupt something?” Michael stood dumbfounded at the entrance of the door. He quickly shut it, and looked at the rest of the group. “What? What did I miss?”

“Nothing, space boy,” Maria responded, quickly standing up. She gave him a sugary smile and pushed him towards the exit. Quickly turning around before departing with Michael, she mouthed, “Don’t tell. Talk tomorrow.” Promptly afterwards, the door clicked shut quietly behind her.

“That was… odd,” Max stated. He walked over to Liz’s side, sitting down beside her. Immediately, Liz curled into his side, kissing his cheek softly.

“You’re right. That was odd. But Maria had a point. Alex hasn’t been himself especially including all that stuff with his powers. Alex just wouldn’t keep that from us. He just wouldn’t.” Sighing, Liz nuzzled her nose against the firmness of his chest.

“But why would Maria want to keep it from Michael?”

“Because he’s Michael,” Liz said simply. “He’d start jumping to conclusions. For all we know, Alex could just be stressed, cause we know for a fact, he gets a bit… bizarre when he’s tense. But on the other hand, this could be involving some alien circumstances. We don’t know.” Max felt his muscles tightened. If this did include Khivar or anyone working for him, they could all be in trouble right this second. Liz could be in danger.

“Liz, maybe-”

“No, Max. We’re not going to go gallivant around because of danger. I’ve been doing that for long enough. We’re stronger when we’re together. Don’t you see? Not just you and I, but the entire group as well. The Royal Court. It’s time to actually become that. A unit.” Liz’s attempt to persuade was still unsettling. So Liz pushed on.

“Maria said once she was with the whole entire group, her powers increased. Doesn’t that tell us something? We’re more powerful as a team. So we have to stick together as a team.”

“But what if Alex-”

“What if the world ends tomorrow? We need to cherish today.” Liz pushed Max’s body down against the bed, and quickly straddled his chest. “And I, for one, am ready to treasure what’s right here in front of me.” She leaned down towards Max’s inviting lips, and ‘cherished’ him in every way thinkable.

Part 52 | Index | Part 54
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.